Author Topic: OOC Chatter  (Read 12876 times)

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
OOC Chatter
« on: July 11, 2011, 04:14:58 AM »
Out Of Character Chatter. Post anything in here... We will try to keep the game thread as pure as possible  :D
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: OOC Chatter
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:18:59 PM »
K guys so we are almost ready to start. If your curious as to who all is playing its actually two different groups of my friends.
Johnny, David, Brenton make up my old gaming group from growing up in st helens.
Jordan, Zane, Josh are all people from my group here in BattleGround where I live. Well actually Josh just moved to texas.. but ya anyways

I am going to be adding afew more things this week. Hopefully we will be starting next week. Im going to probly being doing a seperate start for most of you. Get everyone to a certain point then it will be the group setting. Know what I mean?

So for dice rolling we will be using the invisible castle which I talked about alittle bit in another post. I will post some maps and pictures and stuff. Anyways just figured Id throw this stuff out there so we are all on the same page as far as whos playing  :D

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 12:50:12 PM »
If any of you want to specifically start with someone let me know. It would be alittle easier but it doesnt really matter at all  :eh

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:01:29 PM »
hey jordan, here is the link to the iron siege thread, remember the game I told you about where they are trying to kill dispater. the guy whos running it is Tshern, so if you want to take a crack at it just post there.
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3736.180

bearofsmiting

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 03:35:45 PM »
Hey guys, just a little fyi if we get into a pretty heated battle: you won't see me making any posts between 3 and 11 pm central time on weekdays because that's when I work. Otherwise, I'll try and be pretty prompt.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:20:53 AM by bearofsmiting »
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

CrazyBS

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 07:40:10 AM »
Oh where oh where, did the GM go?  Are we still waiting on characters or Tyson?

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 10:44:07 PM »
Yo! Hah.. sorry, my sister, her twins, and my dad and his new wife were in town. Plus I been workin full time and go to school. So as you can imagine I was fuckin swamped   :violin

But!! I am completely ready to go. Only person we are waiting on is Merlin Johnny Reynolds III  :D   I guess he is busy so I am gonna help him with his character probly. I was actually going to post it here and see if anyone had any input. Hes making a persisting buffer.

Anyways I will probly begin the game here shortly.  :D

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 06:48:16 PM »
my cleric dude has two levels of spelldancer which is an awesome way to persist spells (free metamagic). my character could be an apprentice of Johnny's character if you haven't figured out which persist-build route you're going
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 10:01:02 PM »
so far i have a ecl 6 build going. it has to be some sort of drow/lesser/half etc for the character flavor. no necromancy.
im open to ideas, i was probly going to do a lesser drow for the no LA, and then go like +3 cloistered cleric for sure.
then i was thinking +1 prestiege paladin, but will probly just go one more church inquisitor.

[spoiler]cloistered cleric 3/ church inquisitor 2/ divine oracle 1

3d6+3d8=hp:38
BaB 3- FRW- 3/1/8
detect evil, immune to charms, scry bonus
skills 6+.x6, 4+.x2, 2+.

domains(magic/travel)
feats-5
(b)knowledge devotion
(b)travel devotion-move as swift action
(b)protection dev- +7ac-30ft radius
(b) ewp: gnome quickrazor
extend
persist
domain metamagic(persist)
extra turning x2

Spells-

1st
BlessPHB
CommandPHB
Divine FavorPHB
Entropic ShieldPHB
Protection from Evil/Good/Chaos/LawPHB
SanctuaryPHB
Shield of FaithPHB
Blessed AimSC
ConvictionSC
Ebon EyesSC
Faith HealingSC
Omen of PerilSC
ResurgenceSC
Lesser VigorSC
Ray of ResurgenceLEoF

2nd
Bull's StrengthPHB
Eagle's SplendorPHB
Hold PersonPHB
Owl's WisdomPHB
Shield OtherPHB
Spiritual WeaponPHB
Avoid Planar EffectsSC
Close WoundsSC
Divine InsightSC
Ghost Touch ArmorSC
Living UndeathSC
Bewildering SubstitutionCC
Body WardCC
Lore of the GodsCC
Soul WardCC
DarkboltLoM
Tyche's TouchLEoF

3rd
Dispel MagicPHB
Magic Circle Against Evil/Good/Chaos/LawPHB
Magic VestmentPHB
Divine RetaliationPH2
Mass ConvictionSC
Girallon's BlessingSC
Mass Resist EnergySC
Mass Lesser VigorSC
Lesser Visage of the DeitySC
Vision of the Omniscient EyeDM

4th
Air WalkPHB
Death WardPHB
DismissalPHB
Divine PowerPHB
Freedom of MovementPHB
Greater Magic WeaponPHB
Spell ImmunityPHB
TonguesPHB
Mystic AegisPH2
Delay DeathSC
Lesser Holy/Infernal TransformationSC
RecitationSC
Mass Shield of FaithSC
Spiritual AdvisorCC[/spoiler]

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 07:25:09 PM »
You're going to need the feats Skill Focus (Knowledge [religion]) for Divine Oracle and Mounted Combat for Prestige Paladin to qualify. That Prestige Paladin class though is pretty awesome- has a caster level progression for previous divine spellcasters, much better than the spellcasting of a standard Paladin. And you get Divine Grace to boot. Cloistered Cleric is also a nice pic. If you want to do some more ACFs there's a really good list here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872054/Alternative_Class_Features_III. If you got good domain spells, I particular like Spontaneous Domain Spells. We've already got way more healing power than we need in this group, so giving up Spontaneous Cure wouldn't be so bad.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 07:10:52 PM »
sounds good... i just dont want to finish it my self ;P

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 09:06:01 PM »
josh finish that pc for me  ;)
btw was that you who was calling me? i tried to return your call but never got ya..

anyways guys iv been really busy with my mid-terms these past two weeks. i promise we will start the game very soon  :D

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 09:19:49 PM »
I like the cleric so far, I've always been a fan of the Inquisitor and Oracle classes, very solid and they work well together. The sheet doesn't have the ability stats though, did you do a mythweaver version I could look at?
"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 12:51:34 PM »
so far i have a ecl 6 build going. it has to be some sort of drow/lesser/half etc for the character flavor. no necromancy.
im open to ideas, i was probly going to do a lesser drow for the no LA, and then go like +3 cloistered cleric for sure.
then i was thinking +1 prestiege paladin, but will probly just go one more church inquisitor.

[spoiler]cloistered cleric 3/ church inquisitor 2/ divine oracle 1

3d6+3d8=hp:38
BaB 3- FRW- 3/1/8
detect evil, immune to charms, scry bonus
skills 6+.x6, 4+.x2, 2+.

domains(magic/travel)
feats-5
(b)knowledge devotion
(b)travel devotion-move as swift action
(b)protection dev- +7ac-30ft radius
(b) ewp: gnome quickrazor
extend
persist
domain metamagic(persist)
extra turning x2

Spells-

1st
BlessPHB
CommandPHB
Divine FavorPHB
Entropic ShieldPHB
Protection from Evil/Good/Chaos/LawPHB
SanctuaryPHB
Shield of FaithPHB
Blessed AimSC
ConvictionSC
Ebon EyesSC
Faith HealingSC
Omen of PerilSC
ResurgenceSC
Lesser VigorSC
Ray of ResurgenceLEoF

2nd
Bull's StrengthPHB
Eagle's SplendorPHB
Hold PersonPHB
Owl's WisdomPHB
Shield OtherPHB
Spiritual WeaponPHB
Avoid Planar EffectsSC
Close WoundsSC
Divine InsightSC
Ghost Touch ArmorSC
Living UndeathSC
Bewildering SubstitutionCC
Body WardCC
Lore of the GodsCC
Soul WardCC
DarkboltLoM
Tyche's TouchLEoF

3rd
Dispel MagicPHB
Magic Circle Against Evil/Good/Chaos/LawPHB
Magic VestmentPHB
Divine RetaliationPH2
Mass ConvictionSC
Girallon's BlessingSC
Mass Resist EnergySC
Mass Lesser VigorSC
Lesser Visage of the DeitySC
Vision of the Omniscient EyeDM

4th
Air WalkPHB
Death WardPHB
DismissalPHB
Divine PowerPHB
Freedom of MovementPHB
Greater Magic WeaponPHB
Spell ImmunityPHB
TonguesPHB
Mystic AegisPH2
Delay DeathSC
Lesser Holy/Infernal TransformationSC
RecitationSC
Mass Shield of FaithSC
Spiritual AdvisorCC[/spoiler]

guys lets get this character finished for johnny so he can play. im super busy atm with school so i dont have time to finish it, and he is in the process of moving. so if anyone(*coff coff* jordan/zane/josh :devil) wants to be kind enough to finish it for us that would be cool. you will recieve cookies and pie  :D
i was thinking 2 more levels of prestiege paladin or something. idk  :blink
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:53:55 PM by dna1 »

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 04:14:28 AM »
I know this is a good campaign, but our party is experiencing a surplus of divine characters. Just about every character can take care of themselves with healing. If I were to build a character, I would prefer it to be something arcane (thus filling that current massive hole in our party). But if you want a cleric with DMM persist cheese, I'll see what I can do...

Calchexxis

• Email
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 07:19:25 PM »
@ CrazyBS and BearofSmiting

Not really, you still have a saving throw, literally all it does is change the range. And there's a spell and another class ability that gives touch spells range so its just a different way of doing it. See the Spectral Hand spell and the archmages' Arcane Reach ability (Both of which passively increases a touch spells range AND makes it a Touch Attack so Armor doesn't count). So there are far more broken range extension abilities, I have to burn a standard action to Imbue the spell then I still have to roll against standard AC and if I miss then it's wasted.

Basically here's how it works, I burn my first attack (my highest attack bonus no less), and cast the spell into the arrow, then I fire the arrow and wherever the arrow lands the spell goes off. It's exactly the same effect as if I were to simply cast the spell then attack, but I sacrifice that first attack to change the range of my spell, it's not adding or subtracting any damage and it's not breaking the game in any way.
"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nutshell
and count myself king of infinite space
were it not that I have bad dreams..."

Hamlet, Act II

CrazyBS

• Email
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 08:03:56 PM »
@ CrazyBS and BearofSmiting

Not really, you still have a saving throw, literally all it does is change the range. And there's a spell and another class ability that gives touch spells range so its just a different way of doing it. See the Spectral Hand spell and the archmages' Arcane Reach ability (Both of which passively increases a touch spells range AND makes it a Touch Attack so Armor doesn't count). So there are far more broken range extension abilities, I have to burn a standard action to Imbue the spell then I still have to roll against standard AC and if I miss then it's wasted.

Basically here's how it works, I burn my first attack (my highest attack bonus no less), and cast the spell into the arrow, then I fire the arrow and wherever the arrow lands the spell goes off. It's exactly the same effect as if I were to simply cast the spell then attack, but I sacrifice that first attack to change the range of my spell, it's not adding or subtracting any damage and it's not breaking the game in any way.

Ok, so after reading a bit about it, it's not that more powerful.  However, it should have a DM call on whether or not touch spells is appropriate. As my other post alludes to:

[Hey Jordan, I thought Imbue Arrow only worked for area spells.]

Here's a rule description:
[spoiler]Originally Posted by 3.5 SRD
Imbue Arrow (Sp): [/spoiler]

It is very clear that Shocking Grasp, is not among the allowed spells according to the rules.  I'm not saying I don't want you to have that ability, but I think the DM should make the call.  That post that's linked gives a fairly in depth view of the idea and it's weaknesses.

CrazyBS

• Email
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 08:05:22 PM »
BTW, Tyson, What does your schedule look like during the week anyway?  How often will you be posting and such?

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 09:07:53 PM »
My scheduels pretty chaotic. I go to school monday and thursday. I work graveyard shift sun-thurs. Usually have friday and saturday off which I spend most of the time catching up on homework.

I will try to post once a day, or every other day at the most.

Brenton/Jordan/Josh as far as the arrows go its within the rules. Basically WoTC and its affiliates have produced so many different source books that you can nearly do anything. As Jordan said its not really game breaking so I will allow it.
I have produced characters so overpowered by all rights zane should of slapped me for bringing it into the game   :lol  Nah seriously though befor the game I told everyone only medium optimization.
Iv checked over every character pretty closely and have given everyone the ok.   :D

Josh, clerics and divine characters just happen to be Johnnys favorite to play. He is playing the daughter, or grand daughter of his former character who was the hero groups necro/divine. So I think choosing the cleric, but specifically non-necro is something to do with his back story. I only suggested the buffer because we already had so much healing power. Probly any type of divine based class would do tho... idk
I just sent him a msg in FB asking him to come over and post a build oppinion.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:12:53 PM by dna1 »

bearofsmiting

• Email
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 05:12:54 AM »
P.S. remember that I have a greater crystal of arrow deflection, which gives me +5 ac vs ranged attacks and the ability to deflect arrows. I pity the foo' who attacks me with a crossbow!

:lol
Watch out boys, he's already unsheathing Elder Slither Snake Skin...