Author Topic: I want to be the Meguca  (Read 2456 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
I want to be the Meguca
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:44:39 AM »
Magical Burst(in development)

So apparently some /tg/ folks have been making a meguca RPG. It actually looks sorta playable, though the numbers are still all over the place, it seems mechanically sound in general.

-Basic tristat system(Magic, Heart, Fury), rather simple in essence, it'd take no more than 10 minutes to pick up enough to play.
-Overcharge, where when you accumulate Overcharge from using too much magic. Low levels discharge with minor weirdness, but higher levels can cause mutations and worse.

Also found a bit more stuff on the same site
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:43:06 AM by veekie »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: I want to be the Meguca
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 05:12:43 PM »
meguca is interesting
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: I want to be the Meguca
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 12:14:25 PM »
Magical Burst v3

A bunch of rules additions and the tables got Even Bigger. Overcharges got fleshed out more too.
Mostly, theres now rules for things beyond magical battles. 4 stats, Aggro, Cool, Social and Sharp cover those. These stats don't explode or overcharge.
Of the three magical stats you now have three uses in battle. Attack, Defense and Support. You assign one to each, and the Support is basically anything that isn't a direct attack/defend. This is assigned each round
Some rules for the following added:
Assist/hinder - Make someone use your stat of choice or give a +1/+2 bonus to a roll.
Stay Calm - No clue where this applies to.
Searching - Get a lead to finding something, apparently magical stealth involves a lot to penetrate though, but the search isn't an opposed roll.
Sense Motive - pretty much that. The magical version also involves ability analysis

Theres now rules for using magic outside combat, but if you gain any overcharge you immediately transform.
You can also recover from being de-transformed by attempting to revive, but theres again, overcharge(man, its gonna take a lot of flaring off)

Overcharges got more hazardous. Flares are random and can get quite impressive.
Changes got filled out, theres now proper tables for each type of change. Some of the more crazy ones got dropped though. Pity.
XP expenditure got rules to avoid crippling overspecialization.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."