Author Topic: Divine Metamagic for Cleric 4/Warlock 1/Eldritch Disciple 3 + DMM house(?)rule  (Read 1373 times)

VertigoCharades

• Monkey bussiness
Hello all. Long time lurker, posting n00b here. I wanted to try out Divine Metamagic for my newly-rolled Human Cleric 4/Warlock 1/Eldritch Disciple 3 w/ Travel & Knowledge Devotion under Lirr, but the DM rules that I can't use DMM:Persist on anything that would normally have a spell take up higher than a 9th level spot (Side note: I wonder if the makers of the feat assumed that in the first place; you'd think they would've seen the oft-complained-about Persisted Divine Power/Righteous Might/etc combos and clarified otherwise). This means I can't DMM Persist anything above 3rd level spells.

I'm thinking of using my build for some Eldritch Glaive fun, despite the lack of DMM Persisted Divine Power, etc. I've See the Unseen, Otherwordly Whispers, and the glaive for my least invocations.

...Yes, I already know I'd be better off starting off with Warlock/Ur-Priest/Eldritch Disciple, but the campaign wouldn't work with an evil player right now, and the flavor contradicts itself to me. Due to the lack of optimization for the rest of the campaign and party I'm fine without that route. Given my decisions already made and choices available now, what other metamagic feat should I take instead of Extend->Persist, assuming I may as well switch it out with something that can apply to higher-level spells? Or do you guys think it's no longer worth taking DMM? Also, I've not quite decided on my feats yet...probably getting a couple Extra Turnings, DMM, and a metamagic feat to go with it. I don't think we're allowed flaws. All core and splat books are open except ToB and BoVD. Thanks for any input y'all may have.

VertigoCharades

• Monkey bussiness
Quick note: I'm probably gonna take all ED classes, then continue Cleric or go into some full-casting PrC, but if someone could come up with some good flavor/reason for a worshipper of Lirr devoted to travel and knowledge to bind Naberius, then I may get Hellfire Warlock levels instead. :)

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
DMM:Quicken is probably worth it since it works on almost all your spells and it's less feat and turning attempts intensive than persistent.

VertigoCharades

• Monkey bussiness
Yeah, I'm leaning on that so far.