Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer 26: Still better than CustServ  (Read 185973 times)

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer 26: Still better than CustServ
« Reply #900 on: August 06, 2011, 02:54:33 PM »
Q254

What is the base land speed of an Animorphic bat? A bat's speed is normally 5ft however it is diminutive size and would be small sized as a humanoid.
I'm fairly sure it's still 5', to make up for the +6 Wis and the fly speed.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Unbeliever

• King Kong
« Reply #901 on: August 06, 2011, 04:12:44 PM »
Q255:  anyone know of a handy spell or other ability that allows you to either transfer damage between 2 targets or lets someone take hits for someone else? 

Empathic Transfer doesn't quite work since I want to transfer it between two people, say a handy undead and another PC, and keep myself out of it.  I know there's the Torc of Heroic Sacrifice (MIC) and the feats from Drow of the Underdark, but something like a spell would be really handy for my party support necromancer.  Thanks.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #902 on: August 06, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »
Q255:  anyone know of a handy spell or other ability that allows you to either transfer damage between 2 targets or lets someone take hits for someone else? 

Empathic Transfer doesn't quite work since I want to transfer it between two people, say a handy undead and another PC, and keep myself out of it.  I know there's the Torc of Heroic Sacrifice (MIC) and the feats from Drow of the Underdark, but something like a spell would be really handy for my party support necromancer.  Thanks.
Share Pain and Shield Other?
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

charleskoz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #903 on: August 06, 2011, 04:20:19 PM »
Q256: I use Share Pain with my psicrystal and get whacked. It takes damage, and it can't be healed because it's a construct. Short of taking Psionic Repair Damage by blowing a feat on Expanded Knowledge, is there any way I can fix it? How fast would it heal naturally? Thanks.

glassgnawer

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #904 on: August 06, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »
Q255:  anyone know of a handy spell or other ability that allows you to either transfer damage between 2 targets or lets someone take hits for someone else?  

Empathic Transfer doesn't quite work since I want to transfer it between two people, say a handy undead and another PC, and keep myself out of it.  I know there's the Torc of Heroic Sacrifice (MIC) and the feats from Drow of the Underdark, but something like a spell would be really handy for my party support necromancer.  Thanks.

If you're a binder Dahlver-Nar's Shield Self ability lets you split damage between you and other creature, will save if said creature is unwilling.
"Power is not a means, it is an end. (...) The object of power is power." - G. Orwell

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #905 on: August 06, 2011, 04:30:57 PM »
Q256: I use Share Pain with my psicrystal and get whacked. It takes damage, and it can't be healed because it's a construct. Short of taking Psionic Repair Damage by blowing a feat on Expanded Knowledge, is there any way I can fix it? How fast would it heal naturally? Thanks.
There's nothing barring a psicrystal from being healed via most means, including Cure X Wounds, Metamorphosis, and Body Adjustment.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

charleskoz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #906 on: August 06, 2011, 04:51:33 PM »
There's nothing barring a psicrystal from being healed via most means, including Cure X Wounds, Metamorphosis, and Body Adjustment.
Really? I'm confused. The SRD says constructs don't heal.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #907 on: August 06, 2011, 05:35:54 PM »

It means they don't recover 1 HP per level with a night's rest (or twice that for a day of bed rest) the way living creatures do. 

Cure x wounds specifies an effect it has on living creatures and an effect it has on undead creatures.  Constructs are a valid target for the spell, but it does nothing to them since they are neither living nor undead. 

charleskoz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #908 on: August 06, 2011, 06:11:44 PM »

It means they don't recover 1 HP per level with a night's rest (or twice that for a day of bed rest) the way living creatures do. 

Cure x wounds specifies an effect it has on living creatures and an effect it has on undead creatures.  Constructs are a valid target for the spell, but it does nothing to them since they are neither living nor undead. 
Okay, so I am back to not having a way to heal my psicrystal.

Would empathic transfer work?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #909 on: August 06, 2011, 06:13:49 PM »
Which is irrelevant since you share manifesting of any of the powers that give Temp Hp and pre-empt the damage. Or the powers that heal and do the same thing because it doesn't care about type, then.

Also, psicrystals heal damage when the master does their daily meditation to get back PP. Check the psicrystal section in the classes chapter.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #910 on: August 06, 2011, 06:15:05 PM »
You can share powers that heal yourself with it, since that ability specifically says that it doesn't necessarily have to affect the psycrystal's type.

EDIT: Swordsaged by a pigeon...
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

charleskoz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #911 on: August 06, 2011, 06:46:01 PM »
Which is irrelevant since you share manifesting of any of the powers that give Temp Hp and pre-empt the damage. Or the powers that heal and do the same thing because it doesn't care about type, then.
I have Vigor, but it lasts only a short time so I can't keep that active all the time. It lasts much less time than Share Pain does. I'm low level and have few PP at this point.

Also, psicrystals heal damage when the master does their daily meditation to get back PP. Check the psicrystal section in the classes chapter.
Thanks, but I did look and I don't see what you're referring to.. maybe I'm blind today. :)

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #912 on: August 06, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »
Flavor the psicrystal as made from bone and give it the Human Heritage feat?

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #913 on: August 06, 2011, 07:08:38 PM »
Q258  Where can I find price guidelines for a feat in an item?  I'm assuming MiC but no idea which page.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

charleskoz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #914 on: August 06, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »
No feats for psicrystals in this game. I think I'll find another way around this.

The following is easier:

Q259: If a power has two augments, are they applied in parallel or independently when you spend extra power points? For example:

"1. For every additional power point you spend, the shards deal an additional 1d4 points of damage.
2. For every 2 additional power points you spend, the shards deal an additional point of Constitution damage on a failed Fortitude saving throw."

Do I need to spend 3 PP extra to get an extra 1d4 of damage and also an extra Con point on a failed save? Thanks.

Jackinthegreen

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #915 on: August 06, 2011, 07:31:58 PM »
Q258  Where can I find price guidelines for a feat in an item?  I'm assuming MiC but no idea which page.
A258 Even within the MiC there aren't any guidelines for items that grant feats.  One could probably look at enhancements like Mobility on page 13 and work out the requirements for the enhancement.  One could also look at the Dark Blue Rhomboid Ioun Stone for a possible basis on feats, since it's 10k for a non-slot item granting a feat.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #916 on: August 06, 2011, 07:43:54 PM »
No feats for psicrystals in this game. I think I'll find another way around this.

The following is easier:

Q259: If a power has two augments, are they applied in parallel or independently when you spend extra power points? For example:

"1. For every additional power point you spend, the shards deal an additional 1d4 points of damage.
2. For every 2 additional power points you spend, the shards deal an additional point of Constitution damage on a failed Fortitude saving throw."

Do I need to spend 3 PP extra to get an extra 1d4 of damage and also an extra Con point on a failed save? Thanks.
You have to spend power points on each augment individually.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #917 on: August 06, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »
Check Arms & Equipment Guide, actually.  I remember there being some rules in there for it.

A259: Yes, you need to spend 3 additional power points to get both of those.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #918 on: August 06, 2011, 07:46:13 PM »

How comes?
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #919 on: August 06, 2011, 07:59:30 PM »
Adventure's Armory and Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting from Pathfinder. Armory doesn't give the stats, but it does give the errata version.

Eww PF  :pout
There's nothing wrong with PF. Unless you count the Ultimate Combat and Magic books.

Q 260 A soulknife is considered a 1st level manifester if he has Hidden Talent, correct? Now what if he takes Practiced Manifester, or takes a level of an additional psionic class? Does he become a 5th level manifester with the former, and does he become a 2nd level manifester if he's say a soulknife 1/psion 1?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.