Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer 26: Still better than CustServ  (Read 186409 times)

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
A8 You can pay a caster to cast Create Minral Warrior/Mineralize Warrior from the Underdark book... it basically grants you the Mineral Warrior template.... however, the caster has full control over you  :rollseyes

For more info on the template, check here.

hakinaro

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
question 9
if you have practical metamagic from races of the dragon and maximize spell it is +2 levels
then if you take Easy Metamagic from Dragon 325 for metamagic wouldnt you then be able to maximize with only one level advancement?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:42:16 AM by hakinaro »

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
A9 Yep. I see no problem with it.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
A8 You can pay a caster to cast Create Minral Warrior/Mineralize Warrior from the Underdark book... it basically grants you the Mineral Warrior template.... however, the caster has full control over you  :rollseyes

For more info on the template, check here.
A 8b

The Necropolitan template (Libris Mortis) is also essentially bought, requiring a 3,000 gp fee. Then there are a few templates that have no listed LA but do have listed ways to acquire them with concrete gold and XP prices, which makes it somewhat fuzzy whether they're supposed to be available to PCs. Spellstitched (Complete Arcane) and Half-Golem (MMII) are two such templates.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Kobal

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Question 10
Besides a Ring of Enduring Arcana and items that just generally increase your class level, what other options (items mostly) are there to better protect your bufffs from being wiped by an opposing Dispel Magic effect?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Question 10
Besides a Ring of Enduring Arcana and items that just generally increase your class level, what other options (items mostly) are there to better protect your bufffs from being wiped by an opposing Dispel Magic effect?

There's also the Ring of Counterspells, in which you can store a spell that is automatically counterspelled when cast on you. Put a Dispel Magic or Greater Dispel Magic in it and get one freebie.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Question 10

A10: If you can afford it, Circle Magic. Fortify Spell too, but that's fairly bad as far as metamagic goes.

Also, counterspelling their Dispel is always a good way to go about this. A Ring of Spell Battle (MiC) will go a long way to saving your buffs.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Question 10

A 10: Dweomerkeeper turning it into a Su with Supernatural Spell makes it impossible to dispel.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Conclavia

• Monkey bussiness
Q 11: Reserves of Strength (Dragonlance) and Calishite Elementalist (RoF) Both allow you to "break" the damage caps on spells, Am I correct in reading that RAW a level 15 caster would get 16d6 Fireball with the use of either of these feats? (The examples on both feats are within the "bounds" and no limit to how far it breaks them is set.)?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Q 11: Reserves of Strength (Dragonlance) and Calishite Elementalist (RoF) Both allow you to "break" the damage caps on spells, Am I correct in reading that RAW a level 15 caster would get 16d6 Fireball with the use of either of these feats? (The examples on both feats are within the "bounds" and no limit to how far it breaks them is set.)?

A 11: Depends on who you ask on here.  I'm of the school that believes RoS removes the cap entirely, allowing the use of the feat by a high CL caster to wreak havoc.  I'd have to reread Calishite Elementalist to be certain what it entails specifically.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Aharon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Q12 Are the DCs of Special Attacks gained via polymorph adjusted for HD? I.e., if I change into a Bebilith at 14th level, is the DC of the poison 25 instead of 24?

Q13 What is and what isn't multiplied by the various ways that let you get extra damage on a charge? For example, most Weapon Enhancements that add damage dies say those aren't multiplied on crits. Are they multiplied on charges, if I have the relevant feats (i.e. Spirited Charge) or weapons (i.e. lance)?
By clicking this link, you open a pop-up, but I get a eurocent for my current wish, the 5th book of the Wheel of Time series. Please note that this only works if you leave the pop-up opened till it has finished loading. Thank you!

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Q13 What is and what isn't multiplied by the various ways that let you get extra damage on a charge? For example, most Weapon Enhancements that add damage dies say those aren't multiplied on crits. Are they multiplied on charges, if I have the relevant feats (i.e. Spirited Charge) or weapons (i.e. lance)?

A13: Extra damage dice are never multiplied unless specifically stated. Extra damage bonuses are (and again, some state otherwise).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Aharon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Non-native speaker, thanks for the correction  :D

So, follow-up

Q14In a Core environment where I can't count on allied wizards/clerics with GMW, what weapon enhancements could/should I take for a halfling/war-trained riding dog build?
By clicking this link, you open a pop-up, but I get a eurocent for my current wish, the 5th book of the Wheel of Time series. Please note that this only works if you leave the pop-up opened till it has finished loading. Thank you!

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Q15

In the module Anauroch: Empire of Shade, what is the expected party level?  The cover says levels 9-13, but the intro says the party should start at level 13!  The previous module in the series seemingly has an expected starting level of 9.

Please avoid spoilers in answering this question!
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
q16. Where is a 1d2 crusader build? Iv just heard of how it works.. I would like to see a build if one is floating around.
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
Q8: Is there a template (other than blooded one) that can simply be bought in game? Preferably for a bruiser, but i'm actually interested in any template that can simply be bought
A8: There's a stealthy themed template called "Shadow Walker" (Unapproachable East, page 70) you can buy for 10,000 gold and a service to some clergy (or 2,000 gold if you're a member of their group and you're in good standing). The template is +1 LA and gives you an increasing number of shadow and stealth themed spell-like abilities as you level up.
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

sud

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Psionics 101: Strength of My Enemy
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 10:33:50 PM »
Q16: Psionic power Strength of My Enemy causes strength damage.  From SRD, ability damage returns at 1 pt per day "unless otherwise noted by the condition dealing the damage."  Hmm, no mention of when/how the victim recovers in the power description.

So, how long does the strength damage last?

How long does the manifester STR gain last?

And for the bonus round:  Can one manifest Stro'ME simultaneously on different (natural/manufactured) weapons?  Presumably none of them stack with each other, but can multiple weapons &/or natural attacks all be damaging opponent's strength in the same full attack?

thanks!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:10:19 PM by sud »

sud

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Psionics 102: Soulbound weapon ACF
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 10:46:46 PM »
Q17: Does the Soulbound weapon ACF, http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a, consume the first level feat w/ Weapon Focus?

"You must choose a soulbound weapon at 1st level and you gain the Weapon Focus feat with this weapon."  OK, but is that a "free" feat (paid for by giving up your 2nd level feat), and you still get the "normal" set of first level feats for your character?

Bonus: RAW, Soulbound Weapon and Mantled Warrior obviously both consume the "2nd level bonus feat" so "ought to be" mutually exclusive.  Without worrying about The Rule, question is -- Do you actually play that way, or do you allow both?

thanks again...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:10:31 PM by sud »

sud

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Psionics 103: Thicken Skin
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »
Q18: Psionic power Thicken Skin grants "a +1 enhancement bonus to your Armor Class." (SRD and elsewhere), not to natural armor bonus, as does the Barkskin spell.  "Armor bonuses stack with all other bonuses to armor class ... except other armor bonuses."

Thicken Skin does not stack with other AC bonus, e.g., from armor?

Is that an oversight/errata'd, or do you play it that way?

thanks tertiarily!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:10:54 PM by sud »

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Psionics 101: Strength of My Enemy
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »
Psionic power Strength of My Enemy causes strength damage.  From SRD, ability damage returns at 1 pt per day "unless otherwise noted by the condition dealing the damage."  Hmm, no mention of when/how the victim recovers in the power description.

A: The Str damage does not fade with the power's duration, but it does heal naturally over time. The bonuses last however long the power lasts.

[spoiler][/spoiler]