Author Topic: Interesting candidates for new vestiges?  (Read 2447 times)

ImperatorK

• Bi-Curious George
Interesting candidates for new vestiges?
« on: July 04, 2011, 10:45:53 AM »
I'm looking for entities that would make cool vestiges. I'd prefer creatures that are at least featured in a D&D book, but your original ideas are also welcome.
For now my primary concern is something that would make a seducer/tempter theme.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:48:19 AM by ImperatorK »
"I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!"
"Take less damage to avoid being killed."
"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

[spoiler]
Quote from: Lateral
Or you could just be a cleric of an ideal. Like, physics and say that the domain choices reflect potential and kinetic energy.

Plus, where other clerics say "For Pelor," "For Nerull," or "For Crom?" You get to say, "FOR SCIENCE!" *fanfare*

About me:
Quote from: dark_samuari
I know your game, you just want a magical Amazon.com to knock off those good ol' honest magic shops run by polite, old wizards!
Use Iron Heart Surge on the sun. That'll teach him to use fluff as RAW.

Damn you! You totally ruined my build that was all about getting epic far shot early and throwing my enemies into the sun!
[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
Re: Interesting candidates for new vestiges?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 10:54:10 AM »
Any of the 72 demons from Demonology not already done by Wizards, such as Berith, Ose, etc...

Can't say if there's one of them that fits the fluff you're looking for...

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 11:09:36 AM »
Any of the 72 demons from Demonology not already done by Wizards, such as Berith, Ose, etc...

Of the 72, Gremory is by far the most useful and I can't believe Wizards neglected him. He sees the future and can get you loot and women. What more could you want?

As for canon vestiges... I don't remember, is Igglwiv or whatever she was called still alive? I imagine if you sleep with Grazz't you're ready to seduce anything. Then there's the guy who wrote the Scrolls of Ahm that are mentioned in FC I, Tulket nor Ahm. Basically, he researched the Abyss, the Abyss pulled a Nietzsche, and he was cool with that.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »

Of the 72, Gremory is by far the most useful and I can't believe Wizards neglected him. He sees the future and can get you loot and women. What more could you want?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Unless you're into dudes.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:24:35 AM »
A number of characters from the Game of Thrones novels could be interesting, specifically Aegon Targaryen the Conqueror/The Dragon. I'd have more fun with a more DnD-ized Eddard Stark, but this is dungeons and dragons, after all.