Author Topic: Seattle  (Read 2466 times)

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Seattle
« on: July 25, 2008, 02:57:09 AM »
This August, Seattle is blessed with at least 2 gaming conventions.

1) Penny Arcade Expo is the big one, which I'm sure many of you are familiar with
2) There's another, smaller one coming in a week - Dragonflight

In case you're from there (and I know a couple of you are!) or you're visiting from out-of-town, you should go.

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
Re: Seattle
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 03:07:52 AM »
Clarkcd and I live near(ish) to Seattle and are planning on spending a day at PAX.  :D Super excited!

The other Con I hadn't heard of before, but strangely enough was linked to its website a few days ago by the Google ads on the BG main page. Can't attend this year, but maybe in the future, though I think next year we're really gunning for GenCon.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:46:12 AM by Kai »
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 02:50:29 AM »
I'm going to be in Portland, OR that weekend for a buddy's wedding on the 29th...  But he's delaying his honeymoon to spend the 30th with us since we're college buds and the wife and I are flying in from Milwaukee...  Otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat...

Hmmm......   Must think this over....
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:46:16 AM »
clarkcd and I live near(ish) to Seattle and are planning on spending a day at PAX.  :D Super excited!

The other Con I hadn't heard of before, but strangely enough was linked to its website a few days ago by the Google ads on the BG main page. Can't attend this year, but maybe in the future, though I think next year we're really gunning for GenCon.

You better!

I've always wanted to visit Seattle.  Maybe a con could be the extra push I need.

All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 01:02:37 PM »
Oh Jeez, Meg, if you come to Seattle next month, I'll just HAVE to find a way to get up there for the day.....

.... marital hot water....   this could be interesting....
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 06:06:12 PM »
No, I definitely can't make it to Seattle next month-- August is actually my busiest month at work and leaving for GenCon is crazy enough, but I will make it to Seattle at some point. 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

clarkcd

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Da Man
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 01:58:00 AM »
Now that we have a house with extra bedrooms we're open year round for you to visit. :P
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Grade 'A' pain in the neck arrogance brought to you by Da Man.

Da Man Has Spoken

Meg

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 02:11:01 AM »
Now that we have a house with extra bedrooms we're open year round for you to visit. :P

I totally should.  Then Kai and I could take a road trip over to Forks and look for vampires  :fan

fil kearney

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • KILLFEAR.COM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 02:19:44 AM »
Hey I'm in Seattle... maybe we should figger who will be there, and have a toast.

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 03:53:07 AM »
I totally should.  Then Kai and I could take a road trip over to Forks and look for vampires  :fan

:-[ I thought we weren't supposed to talk about Twilight Club?

...so anyways, about PAX, I'm doubting that we'll be able to get anywhere near the Bethesda booth to demo any Fallout 3, but I'm wanting to swing by the NCSoft/ArenaNet booth to see if they have any info on GW2 (which I doubt), by Sony to see if I can demo LittleBigPlanet, and by a new gaming company Meteor Games to see what they might be up to. What I'm really looking forward to is the swag. I love free stuff. I've been trying to figure out how much stuff I can realistically carry from the convention center back down to the ferry terminal without having to take a cab, or if I'm just wildly over estimating what will be available in the way of free stuff.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 03:55:58 AM »
First time to PAX, so I'm gonna try to hit as much as I can.