Author Topic: Spell Schools  (Read 1118 times)

Otto the Bugbear

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Spell Schools
« on: July 02, 2011, 07:13:22 PM »

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Spell Schools
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 08:02:53 PM »
Storm honestly seems a little narrow, unless you stick all forms of flight into there.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Otto the Bugbear

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Spell Schools
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 02:04:56 PM »
It is a bit narrow. That's probably due to a holdover from when I was attempting to convert all classes to ToB, including spellcasters.

Now I'm thinking of just making it...

Storm Kinship: Weather (storms, tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes, etc.), Electricity, Lightning, Wind, Snow, Cold

Of course doing that would really eat into Warmage Edge, maybe to the point of obsoleting it. With this change I'm seeing water and earth taken by Earth Mother, air, cold and electricity taken by Storm Kinship (with a few sonic ones thrown in for thunder) out of the elemental types Warmage Edge was using. Fiendish Damnation could also absorb fire with some acid and cold crossovers. Sonic is the big one that's really missing a home if Warmage Edge goes away.

If Warmage Edge does go away I'm thinking of replacing it with Golden Aegis: protection, deflection, resistances, counterspell, dispel. This might work even though it means a change of direction on sprinkling defensive spells throughout the other schools.