Author Topic: Help with a utility wizard.  (Read 2543 times)

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
Re: Help with a utility wizard.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:57:58 PM »
...Are you sure that simply losing caster levels puts you in tier 3 from tier 1 (there is no tier 0)?
BG's other resident furry!

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 01:41:51 AM »
...Are you sure that simply losing caster levels puts you in tier 3 from tier 1 (there is no tier 0)?

1. Losing all 7-9 spells would.
2. Wizard is Tier 1, SCM is a -1 PRC. Hence the tier 0 designation.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 12:59:22 AM »
Don't say tier 0. It makes you sound silly.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 01:20:06 AM »

1. Losing all 7-9 spells would.

I strongly disagree. You still have access to wildly powerful spells and optimization options. I mean, you're talking about persisted improved blink and shadowcraft mage here. Random tricks out of nowhere and quick escapes from any situation do not sound like Tier 3 to me.

Your real request here is:

1) Help me devise a Tier 3 Shadowcraft Mage build.

Because that's going to be the actual challenge.

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 03:09:27 AM »
I updated the original post. The SCM is now limited to 4th level spells at level TWENTY, since it needs 11 levels of truenamer. Unfortunately another requirement of the build is shadowcraft cookies. I want to know if it's possible to get them both on one build, preferably going online at a reasonable level.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »
SCM on a Sublime Chord + Truenamer 11? You can get full 9th level casting that way, I think. And no, you won't be any lower than Tier 2.

And you can still add Spellguard of Silverymoon for the cookies, along with Magic of the Land.

That said, why not just a real, optimized Truenamer? It's more or less a Tier 3 "spellcaster" done that way. Especially if you have an awesome DM that lets you use Ultimate Magus with it + Wizard (Tier 1, though).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:43:01 PM by CantripN »
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Lo77o

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Guns dont kill people, apes with guns kills people
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 08:15:39 PM »
I updated the original post. The SCM is now limited to 4th level spells at level TWENTY, since it needs 11 levels of truenamer. Unfortunately another requirement of the build is shadowcraft cookies. I want to know if it's possible to get them both on one build, preferably going online at a reasonable level.

A decent build SCM is casting 9th level spells with his 1st level spell slots anyways. So you should be fine.
"Home is where you can find a decent graveyard and strangers can disappear without awkward questions." - Braids, Cabal Minion

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 10:35:09 AM »
SCM on a Sublime Chord + Truenamer 11? You can get full 9th level casting that way, I think. And no, you won't be any lower than Tier 2.

And you can still add Spellguard of Silverymoon for the cookies, along with Magic of the Land.

That said, why not just a real, optimized Truenamer? It's more or less a Tier 3 "spellcaster" done that way. Especially if you have an awesome DM that lets you use Ultimate Magus with it + Wizard (Tier 1, though).

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 11:15:02 AM »
Remember, you only need one level of sublime chord. Two, if you have a really high Perform check. Then just boost that class with another prestige class.

You can take levels in wizard with either prestige bard or a level of REAL bard to get in, as well.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 11:25:48 AM »
Alright, this class is going into my "theoretical" pile. Starting a new thread on a normal SCM focused on cookies and other silliness.