Author Topic: Avatar d20 fixes  (Read 61214 times)

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Avatar d20 fixes
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2008, 01:59:11 AM »
I don't think BT should be.  It's more about motions, and acts more like a projectile than a thrown weapon.  Actually, more like a ray, but I think for the purposes of this it can be considered a projectile.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2008, 02:01:15 AM »
So is that part of your general objection to Str on Fire Blast Attack Rolls, or just stating that BT is inappropriate? I can see where you're coming from with the latter.

Sorry for so many posts, but I like to try and ascertain where everyone stands before actually moving on proper. I'm prone to misinterpreting, as you can see.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 02:07:58 AM by AstralFire »

The Discussion Thread - Help!
Current Project: The Anteheroes System: 2nd Edition, a quick and tactical modern fantasy system.

Better to be stupid and humble than smart and arrogant. A humble man can change and improve. An arrogant man won't.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2008, 02:38:34 AM »
For BT being inappropriate.

On post count: it means discussion is being held.  And since we haven't been going in circles, it's a good thing.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2008, 08:23:50 AM »
For BT being inappropriate.

On post count: it means discussion is being held.  And since we haven't been going in circles, it's a good thing.

Alright, to clarify, were you in favor of Con to Earth Blast attack rolls, melee attack rolls, or both? I'm not really for or against any particular one, and I think Zuki's with me on that.

Ho-hm, what can I do to be productive now? Trying to avoid starting a new set of seeds without feedback on this one. That kind of work leads to self-entrenchment in bad ideas.

Random ideas I had:
  • Airbender's Defensive Roll- Original one is 1/encounter (instead of 1/day), L16 version allows Imp/Evasion to apply? Defensive Roll was never the strongest skill considering Power Attack and huge str scores can make the DC nigh impossible - guaranteed half-damage on the attack with the chance of none looks a little better.
  • Air Scythe and Air Blast - Allow Air Blast to deal sonic damage -or- bull rush, no damage. At base. There's honestly no fair reason to make Airbenders do so little damage and force all of the ones who haven't taken an Exalted Vow of Nonviolence to use a form slot on it.

I'm not superstrongly for the first, the second I think is logical. We do want to avoid a class like the monk that is good at not being hurt and little else.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 10:28:41 AM by AstralFire »

Current Project: The Anteheroes System: 2nd Edition, a quick and tactical modern fantasy system.

Better to be stupid and humble than smart and arrogant. A humble man can change and improve. An arrogant man won't.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2008, 12:53:07 PM »
None of the above.  Damage, if anything.

I'll be getting to it in...4 hours or so.

on air scythe: yes.  That's one of the biggest problems with the Airbender as it currently* is.

*GitP version.  It can't do anything but dance around being pretty.

Zuki

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2008, 04:48:23 PM »
None of the above.  Damage, if anything.

I'll be getting to it in...4 hours or so.

on air scythe: yes.  That's one of the biggest problems with the Airbender as it currently* is.

*GitP version.  It can't do anything but dance around being pretty.

Astral here, I'm at Zuki's. Actually, their Air Scythe ends up decently strong (relative to the rest of the benders there, anyway) by 20, it's the fact that it's not a default form and thus Is Too Good to Conceivably Skip.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:01:32 PM by Zuki »

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2008, 07:26:50 PM »
That's partly why I agreed.

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2008, 02:22:46 AM »
Been rewatching bits and pieces of Season 1. Aang's non-violence is kind of a hindrance for developing seed ideas as long as we're trying to shift away from "Really Fast and Agile Unbreakable Waiters and Porters" (Monks) design philosophy. Might have to just do lots of extrapolations.

I'd like to propose Earthbenders as the next focus after everyone looks at Water to their satisfaction. Fire and Air are more to my interest, but from Jabsco's comments and my brief overview, they're probably the most in the need of examination, especially as we're altering their design paradigm the most, fundamentally.

Also, on the agenda so I don't forget: Jeong-Jeong's disappearing fire trick. May not be a seed on its own, but there should be a way to represent it well. Pyrotechnics+Firebender's Leap might do it. Also possible Bluff ranks, but not sure on that one.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 02:29:44 AM by AstralFire »

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2008, 02:35:58 AM »
Okay, I lied.  But my day off was good, you'll be happy to hear!  I'll go over them soon, I promise.  Today.

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2008, 11:42:05 AM »
Okay, I lied.  But my day off was good, you'll be happy to hear!  I'll go over them soon, I promise.  Today.

When we read that you'd get to them in four hours, we both looked at each other, said "ehhh" and predicted they'd be up tonight. I dumped a LOT of text there, I know it's not easy to go through it all. Zuki just had to if she didn't want to sleep on the couch. >.>

I just try to keep the thread moving with more ideas whenever possible to be most constructive and keep passers-by attentions'.

Interesting note: Combustion Man is apparently a firebender, just a really weird one. Going to try and rewatch some of his episodes and see if anything he does can be picked up.

Example Earth Name
[spoiler]Difficulty Class: See Text if it varies by subapplication.
Components: Somatic indicates ACP, very few seeds will not have it. Meditation indicates that it provokes AoOs.
Activation Time: The time used. "See Text" if it varies.
Maintenance Action:
Range:
Area:
Target:
Effect:
Duration:
Saving Throw:
Flavor Text
This stance initiates two different forms. (If applicable)
Application:

Earth Required:

Augment:
  • Option 1
  • Option 2

Application:

Earth Required:

Augment:
  • Option 1
  • Option 2

[/spoiler]

Code: [Select]
[color=green][b]Example Earth Name[/b][/color]
[spoiler][b]Difficulty Class:[/b] See Text if it varies by subapplication.
[b]Components:[/b] Somatic indicates ACP, very few seeds will not have it. Meditation indicates that it provokes AoOs.
[b]Activation Time:[/b] The time used. "See Text" if it varies.
[b]Maintenance Action:[/b]
[b]Range:[/b]
[b]Area:[/b]
[b]Target:[/b]
[b]Effect:[/b]
[b]Duration:[/b]
[b]Saving Throw:[/b]
[i]Flavor Text[/i]
[color=green][u]Application[/u][/color]:

[i]Earth Required:[/i]

[u]Augment[/u]:
[list][li]Option 1[/li]
[li]Option 2[/li][/list]

[color=green][u]Application[/u][/color]:

[i]Earth Required:[/i]

[u]Augment[/u]:
[list][li]Option 1[/li]
[li]Option 2[/li][/list][hr]

[/spoiler]
[hr]

Example Fire Name
Components: Somatic indicates ACP, very few seeds will not have it. Meditation indicates that it provokes AoOs.
Maintenance Action:
Range:
Area:
Target:
Effect:
Duration:
Saving Throw:
Flavor Text
Application:

Augment:
  • Option 1
  • Option 2

Application:

Augment:
  • Option 1
  • Option 2

[/spoiler]

[color=red][b]Example Fire Name[/b][/color]
[b]Components:[/b] Somatic indicates ACP, very few seeds will not have it. Meditation indicates that it provokes AoOs.
[i]Flavor Text[/i]
[color=red][u]Application[/u][/color]:

[u]Augment[/u]:
[list][li]Option 1[/li]
[li]Option 2[/li][/list]

[color=red][u]Application[/u][/color]:

[u]Augment[/u]:
[list][li]Option 1[/li]

[/spoiler]
[hr]

Example Air Name
Maintenance Action:
Range:
Area:
Target:
Effect:
Duration:
Saving Throw:
Flavor Text
Application:

Augment:
  • Option 1
  • Option 2

Application:

Augment:
  • Option 1
  • Option 2

[/spoiler]

[color=orange][b]Example Air Name[/b][/color]
[i]Flavor Text[/i]
[color=orange][u]Application[/u][/color]:

[u]Augment[/u]:
[list][li]Option 1[/li]
[li]Option 2[/li][/list]

[color=orange][u]Application[/u][/color]:

[u]Augment[/u]:
[list][li]Option 1[/li]

[/spoiler]
[hr]

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:47:44 PM by AstralFire »

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2008, 05:21:15 PM »
Earth Blast
[spoiler]Difficulty Class: 5
Components: Somatic
Activation Time: Ranged attack; see text.
Range: 60 ft.
Target: Creature.
Flavor Text
The first offensive ability you learn as an earthbender. Whenever you would be granted a ranged attack, you may use an Earth Blast instead, including as part of a full attack action, or feats like Shot on the Run. Each Earth Blast deals 1d6 piercing, slashing, or bludgeoning damage at your option, depending on the exact shape and composition of the earth used. Larger masses of rock used move slower, dealing the same damage as a sharp, small rock. This attack deals 1d6 damage when you first take a bender level, increasing by an additional 1d6 damage at fifth level and every five bender levels afterwards.

Earth Required: 1 pint, approximately equivalent to a single rock. Not immediately recoverable.

Augment:
  • By increasing the difficulty class by five, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity for using this ranged ability in a threatened square.
[/spoiler]

Move Earth
Components: Somatic, Meditation
Activation Time: Move Action
Maintenance Action: Move Action
Range: 60 ft.
Area: A 5-ft cube of rock, crystal or tightly packed dirt.
Effect: Move 5 ft.
Duration: Concentration
Saving Throw: Fortitude Negates (Object)
HM04 is also in the Safari Zone, sort of
You shunt each controlled cube of earth up to ten feet in any direction. At the end of your action, you can release the earth, letting it fall, or you can hold it in place. Holding the earth in place requires a maintenance action.

Appropriately sized earth creatures such as elementals can be moved with use of this seed:

Taking earth out of elementals or primarily earthen objects deals 1d6 damage per 5-ft cube of earth you extract.

Augment:
  • For every point that you increase the base difficulty class, you can move one additional cube.
  • By increasing the difficulty class by five points, you can move two 5-ft cubes of sand and loosely packed dirt for every cube of solid earth you could move instead. As a free action, you can now split a single cube of tightly packed dirt into two cubes of loosely packed dirt, or compress them back together.
  • For every three points that you exceed the base difficulty class, the distance you can move the water increases by five feet.
[/spoiler]

Shape Earth
Activation Time: One minute per 5-ft cube to be affected.
Maintenance Action: Move Action (see text)
Range: 30 ft.
Area: A 5-ft cube of rock, crystal or tightly packed dirt.
Effect: Manipulate the earth's shape as you wish.
Duration: Instantaneous or Concentration (see text)
Saving Throw: Fortitude Negates (Object, Harmless)
Flavor Text
You manipulate the basic shape of packed earth, crystal or rock to look like something else (such as a sculpture), though specific detail is very hard. Craft (Sculpture) determines the exact quality of the object created if it's a statue.

Sculpted rock has 10 Hardness and 20 Hit Points per inch of thickness. Sculpted clay has 5 Hardness and 35 Hit Points per inch.

Craft (Weaponsmithing) can be used with Shape Earth to make weaponry and ammunition out of rock. This weaponry functions precisely as the base item, and can even be enchanted; one 5-ft cube creates material for eight medium-sized weapons, or up to four hundred pieces of ammunition.

Appropriately sized earth creatures such as elementals can be altered with use of this seed, though it does not hinder them in any way:

Augment:
  • For every five points that you exceed the base difficulty class (including all modifiers), you can shape one additional cube.
  • By increasing the difficulty class by five points, you can shape sand and loosely packed dirt. The duration changes to Concentration.
[/spoiler]

Dirt Spray
[spoiler]Difficulty Class: 10
Activation Time: Standard action
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: Reflex Negates
Pidgeys with this? So annoying.
By aiming a spray of sand or dust at an opponent's eyes, you can try to temporarily blind the creature. A creature who fails both their Reflex save becomes blind for the next round. Creatures with completely enclosed helmets or eyes and those without normal sight are unaffected by this form.

Earth Required: A handful of sand or loosely packed dirt. Not immediately recoverable.

Augment:
  • For every ten points that you increase the difficulty class, you can increase the duration of Blind by one round.
[/spoiler]

Earth Wall
[spoiler]Difficulty Class: 10
Activation Time: Full-round action
Area: Wall of two 5-ft square areas.
Effect: Wall of earthen material
Duration: Instantaneous
Flavor Text
You cause a small, 10-ft wall of earth to shoot out of any earthen surface. This wall is one inch thick per Bender Level, and its values vary depend on the material it is made out of:

[WILL HAVE A BETTER TABLE WHEN I GET BACK HOME]

Sand, Loose Dirt: 0 Hardness, 10 Hit Points (Double thickness)
Packed Earth: 3 Hardness, 3 Hit Points
Soft Stone (Lime, Sand, Worked Earth): 10 Hardness, 5 Hit Points
Hard Stone (Granite): 15 Hardness, 8 Hit Points
Crystal*: 30 Hardness, 1 Hit Point

* You can only make a Crystal wall with an augment

If you fire the wall into a square occupied by a creature, you decide which side of the wall the creature ends up on. The subject can make a Reflex save to choose for themselves.

It is possible, but difficult, to trap mobile opponents within or under a wall, provided the wall is shaped so it can hold the creatures. Creatures are allowed a Reflex Save to move to an adjacent clear space (including adjacent spaces directly above and below them). If they do not have sufficient movement to make it to an adjacent clear space (such as if their move speed is 0 ft, or the terrain in the space is difficult to pass through) but make their save, they end up prone in the adjacent space.

Augment:
  • For every five points that you increase the difficulty class, the wall increases by an additional five foot square.
  • By increasing the difficulty class by ten points, you can make an Earth Wall out of Crystal.
  • By increasing the difficulty class by fifteen points, you can make a single 5-ft segment in your square as an Immediate Action. You must use this ability before your opponent declares what attack they are using; they must only state that they have targeted you.
[/spoiler]

Dust Cloud
[spoiler]Difficulty Class: 15
Maintenance Action: Move action
Area: 20-ft wide, 5-ft high cylinder spread
Effect: Area of darkness
Duration: Concentration + one minute.
Flavor Text
You disperse copious amounts of sand or loosely packed dirt into the air or water. The cloud obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet - even creatures with a radar-like blindsense (such as that created by Touchsight) are no better off, though other forms of blindsense and tremorsense work as normal. An affected creature within 5 feet of an attacker has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance); creatures farther away gain total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can't use sight to locate the target). A moderate wind or water current disperses the cloud 4 rounds after you cease concentration, a strong wind or water current disperses the cloud in 1 round after you cease concentration, and a severe wind or water current prevents the cloud from even forming.

Earth Required: A quarter-inch coating of sand or loose dirt over the area to be affected, or five gallons per 5-ft radius. Not immediately recoverable.

Augment:
  • For every five points that you increase the difficulty class, you can increase the width of the cylinder by five feet.
  • For every ten points that you increase the difficulty class, you can increase the height of the cylinder by five feet.

[/spoiler]

Tectonic
Range: 40 ft.
Area: Three 5-ft squares atop deeply packed earth, crystal or rock.
Effect: Raise or lower the ground in an area
Saving Throw: Reflex negates
Flavor Text
With a foot stomp or ground punch, you cause the ground to rise or sink sharply by five feet. Subjects within the affected area must make a Reflex save or fall prone in the space. (You can suppress this effect at will.) Those who make their save may move to an adjacent space safely. If they do not have sufficient movement to make it to an adjacent clear space (such as if their move speed is 0 ft, or the terrain in the space is difficult to pass through) but make their save, they end up prone in the adjacent space.

If you drop the ground ten feet or more from underneath someone, they are also granted a Climb check (DC 35) to catch the ledge. The DC to climb the walls or trenches created by this ability is 20 for the highest 5-ft segment, and 25 for the remainder.

A section of wall is five feet thick, and has 10 Hardness and 20 Hit Points per inch of thickness, or 1200 Hit Points.

Augment:
  • For every five points that you increase the difficulty class, you may affect an additional square. This may be adjacent to another square you placed (even if the new square is out of your range), or anywhere else within your range.
  • For every twenty points that you increase the difficulty class, you may raise or lower the ground by an additional five feet.
[/spoiler]

Headcracker
Activation Time: Standard action
Range: Melee
Target: One mineral-containing creature or object
Saving Throw:
HM06 or 08, depending
You find the bits of earth in the target - maybe a man or demon's calcified bones, or maybe a Tarrasque's mineral rich exoskeleton. Then you strike, ignoring barriers. Make an attack roll with your melee weapon. If you hit, your attack ignores damage reduction and hardness, and deals +1d6 damage. Creatures without significant earthen components, such as oozes, plants, Iron Golems or fire elementals, are immune to this attack. (Though metal creatures and components can be affected with the Metalbending template.)

Augment:
  • For every three points that you increase the difficulty class, you deal an additional +1d6 damage with this attack.

This one's based on how easily Toph can crack stone and such. It is definitely a non-canon extrapolation, but I don't think it's an unreasonable one, and it helps Earth not just annoy on the frontlines, but do damage too. Cribbed it a bit from ______ Mountain Hammer.

[/spoiler]

Quake
[spoiler]Difficulty Class: 20
Maintenance Action: Full-round action
Range: 20 ft.
Area: Four 5-ft squares atop deeply packed earth, crystal or rock.
Effect: Create sharp rocks and tilt the ground
Saving Throw: Reflex negates
TM26 has been in every goddamned game
You strike the ground and it breaks and twists in multiple ways. Creatures in the affected squares must make a Reflex save or be knocked prone, taking 1d6 piercing damage from the sharp stones. Additionally, the chosen squares become difficult terrain. People who pass through the square use four squares of movement to avoid stepping on the spikes and taking 1d4 piercing damage. Those unconcerned by the spikes still use two squares of movement to make it through.

Subjects can make a Balance check to move at half speed (DC 22), or full speed (DC 27) without taking damage. A failure by 4 or less means they can't move any further for the round. A failure by 5 or more means they fall prone.

Anyone damaged by Quake loses speed as though they had stepped on a caltrop.

Using Quake on loosely packed earth or sand has normal effects, but the spikes do not remain for subsequent rounds.

Augment:
  • For every four points that you increase the difficulty class, you can affect an additional square.
  • For every four points that you exceed the difficulty class, the Balance DC increases by one point.
[/spoiler]

Spike
[spoiler]Difficulty Class: 25
Range: 20 ft.
Area: Cylinder Burst (5-ft radius, 20 ft. long)
Target: 5-ft square atop deeply packed earth, crystal or rock.
Effect: Horizontal or vertical line of earth.
Flavor Text
Target a single square of earth within range (including your own.) You fire a giant spike originating from that square. Creatures caught in the Spike are allowed a Reflex save to move to an adjacent space safely. If they do not have sufficient movement to make it to an adjacent clear space (such as if their move speed is 0 ft, or the terrain in the space is difficult to pass through) but make their save, they end up prone in the adjacent space.

When created, Spike initiates a bull rush with every creature in its area; it is considered to be a creature of Medium size. You gain a +2 synergy bonus and an additional attempt for every additional Spike simultaneously trying to push the subject in that direction. If they are knocked back at least ten feet, they are knocked prone.

A spike is an inch thick per Bender Level, and has 10 Hardness and 20 Hit Points per inch of thickness.

The business end of the Spike may be flat or pointed at your option; subjects affected take 4d6 bludgeoning or piercing damage respectively. If trapped against a wall or other solid surface by the Spike, they must make a DC 15 Strength or Escape Artist check as a full-round action to escape.

You may instead opt for the Spike to grow more slowly; in this case, it deals no damage and creatures in the path are gently pushed to the end of the line's effect. If you originate this attack from your square and shoot upwards, for example, you can propel yourself upwards twenty feet.

You can only move or bull rush a creature if at least half of the squares they occupy on one face are covered by spikes.

Augment:
  • For every four points that you increase the difficulty class, you deal an additional 1d6 damage with one cylinder.
  • For every ten points that you increase the difficulty class, the length of your cylinders increase by 10 ft.
  • For every fourteen points that you increase the difficulty class, you can create an additional cylinder.
  • For every five points that you exceed the difficulty class, the width of your Spike increases by one inch.

[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 12:10:34 PM by AstralFire »

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2008, 05:43:11 PM »
You don't know me, I can do something like this in 4 hours.  2, actually, if I rush it.  I just decided to take the day off.  And it was good.  Oh so good.

I'll get started on it now, and I'll have half done in...soon as I can.  Won't take too long.

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2008, 07:48:50 PM »
You don't know me, I can do something like this in 4 hours.  2, actually, if I rush it.  I just decided to take the day off.  And it was good.  Oh so good.

I'll get started on it now, and I'll have half done in...soon as I can.  Won't take too long.

Looking forward to it. Wish I had that kind of focus.

You work or go to summer school?

Don't feel any rush to work on the Earth seeds, these are still well in the process of being edited and worked on.

Should we disallow the ability to combine seeds as the GitP had? Now that they can almost all be made swift...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 08:03:24 PM by AstralFire »

Guyr Adamantine

• Donkey Kong
  • Chaotic Evil and loving it.
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2008, 07:56:01 PM »
*Stretches*

Ahhhh... It removes so much weight!

I made a public account on Giantitp for the Form compendium, effectively cutting every link I had with the other group. Now, I can get here for good. :)

Now, what task must be completed?

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2008, 07:59:22 PM »
*Stretches*

Ahhhh... It removes so much weight!

I made a public account on Giantitp for the Form compendium, effectively cutting every link I had with the other group. Now, I can get here for good. :)

Now, what task must be completed?

Yeah, I just saw. That answers my question about what you meant in that PM...

Could use your help with dman on feedback for the Waterbending seeds posted. We also covered a number of more minor (but still rather important) issues like Hit Die size and ability modifiers to attack rolls for the different classes.

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2008, 08:27:20 PM »
Holy Christ, a lot has happened.

I looked over the waterbending, I happy with them, I have no more Ideas for them, How ever now that we are on to earthbending I will get back on My work horse and see what I can come up with. However A Compendium would be nice for quick reference...Hint...Hint!!

Guyr Adamantine

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2008, 08:29:17 PM »
Quote from: AstralFire
Should we disallow the ability to combine seeds as the GitP had? Now that they can almost all be made swift...

I think my first job here will be to smack you behind the head.

*SMACK*

Now that he's down: Isn't the combination of seeds the whole point of the system?

Otherwise, its only glorified skills!

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2008, 08:47:40 PM »
Yeah...combinations of seeds makes the Avatar universe go round.

Update: People wanted to be social, so I was delayed.  I'm about half way done going in depth into the water seeds.  Should be done in about an hour.

Anyways.....what's this about a public account?  What?

EDIT:  Combining seeds will increase the DC by 4+the second seeds DC.  So a Change Phase Water Whip will be base DC 4+10+10 for one phase, or 24.  Not unreasonable, but it is a little high, and discourages using this mechanic.  I'm thinking it should be both seeds added together -4 instead.  So in order to make a cold whip, it's just DC 16.  Much more manageable.  And then augments will be able to be applied from the base seed only.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 08:52:01 PM by dman11235 »

Guyr Adamantine

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2008, 09:20:48 PM »
dman: Check here.

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2008, 09:30:56 PM »
Yeah...combinations of seeds makes the Avatar universe go round.

Update: People wanted to be social, so I was delayed.  I'm about half way done going in depth into the water seeds.  Should be done in about an hour.

Anyways.....what's this about a public account?  What?

EDIT:  Combining seeds will increase the DC by 4+the second seeds DC.  So a Change Phase Water Whip will be base DC 4+10+10 for one phase, or 24.  Not unreasonable, but it is a little high, and discourages using this mechanic.  I'm thinking it should be both seeds added together -4 instead.  So in order to make a cold whip, it's just DC 16.  Much more manageable.  And then augments will be able to be applied from the base seed only.

That sounds like a good idea, I'll add it to my mini set of rules beginning the waterbending seeds. Really, I just felt like the mechanic was somewhat redundant as it stood with swift actions.

So dman, what do you do for work? *curious*
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 09:32:36 PM by AstralFire »