Author Topic: Unseelie Fey Enforcer  (Read 2977 times)

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
Unseelie Fey Enforcer
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »
How would you build a contract enforcer for the unseelie winter court if you weren't allowed to use any tier 1 classes? Their job would be to track down oath breakers and make them complete the terms of their agreements with the court. I was thinking a unseelie (Dragon annual pg 222) vecna blooded warforged with levels in spell thief and warlock.

Level 1 spell thief 1 precocious apprentice, vulnerable flaw, apprentice woodsman
Dragon fire adept 11 for the rest ( charm, humanoid shape, and the geas invocation as his primary abilities) he'd have flight and dr from the unseelie template, and divination immunity from vecna blooded.

Would anyone have any better suggestions on how to build this at 13th level?

Iskajir

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: Unseelie Fey Enforcer
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 07:28:34 PM »
Hexblade 4/ Paladin of Tyrrany 3/Warblade 6?

Use the winter unseelie ability, aura of despair, and dark companion acf to de-buff and terrify and subdue oathbreakers?

NiteCyper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Contact me on .NET Messenger Service.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 03:13:15 PM »
Please define/describe the Unseelie Fey contract enforcer more. I want more details.

[spoiler]
How would you build a contract enforcer for the unseelie winter court

What's the size of this organization? How important is the job of a contract enforcer, from forest animals and dirt-farmers to greater deity? I'm thinking of process servers (subpoena deliverers) and bounty hunters, and diplomancy and enchantment (equating to black operation).
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 04:49:26 PM by NiteCyper »
Caveat: I edit my posts, ever and anon after.

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 03:55:11 PM »
The original idea would be that he was an animated sculpture infused with life by one of the Winter Court Queens, sent out with the mission to track down mortals that failed to uphold their end of a bargain with the court. You know the usual failure to deliver their first born, punishing people who insult the court, and the like.

He'd be sent into the mortal world to locate and with the warlock build he'd use ample applications of Charm, Devil's Whispers, and the Geas invocations to force them into upholding their end of the bargin. The Humanoid shape invocation would allow them to move through the world unhindered, as well as granting them all movement modes when needed. The Vecna Blooded template would mean that the target couldn't predict or divine that he was coming or even uncover his disguise before the Fey Repo Man wanted him to.

The hexblade paladin build is an interesting option as well. Little more violent than I had in mind but could be just as fun.

mthor

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 04:04:49 PM »
Just curious what kind of campaign are you playing because I am really resisting telling you to read "Changes" from the Dresden files and copying a certain character.  If you don't get that last part then just ignore it and give me some background.
The god of thunder....... yeah I'm the hammer

Just ask yourself..... W.W.T.D  what would Thor do
mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 06:01:42 PM »
While I would love to play Harry's Godmother tier one has been strictly forbidden to me this game.

The character would be coming in as a replacement to my Fey Bloodline Binder who has been working with the Winter Court, trying his best to keep them from being evil, to establish homes on the material plane. See my Post Red Hand of Doom threads in D&D Deliberations for more more back story on the current character.

The Enforcer would be sent to avenge Jacob's death as a means of keeping an appearance of taking care of their own.

mthor

• Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 04:41:26 PM »
Actually I was thinking Harry himself, and in what way is bloodline/binder not tier 1? <==Retorical question don't answer
Regardless just throwing out there a wildshapeing ranger/MoMF obviously more of a melee type character but proper choice of forms can make it a pretty good bruiser.
Also there is always sorcerer, psion or wilder. A Fey enforcer just brings to mind a man slinging steel with one hand and spells with the other. If you go this route then there is always grabbing some reserve feats for a more dragon fire adept/warlock feel. Thought I should warn you they are sub-par for the most part. If you do that then just make sure you look for some more exotic spells/powers so you don't get stuck in the role of guy who hits stuff.

mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 04:55:59 PM »
I thought of that after I posted, but I figured this guy wouldn't be ranked as high as one of the queen's knights. At least not yet.

Current character is kinda why I'm not allowed tier 1 from now on. He's currently the party skill monkey/healer/financier/face etc. . . rest of the party is damage focused.

GM decided he didn't like the Fey Enforcer character idea after all so I'm looking for something else as a backup. He's become really enamored with my Diopsid Teleflar Shadowlord drow hunter build idea at the moment. Party just finished up the Expedition to the Demonweb Pits and is kinda going into the City of the Spider Queen campaign so a drow hunter will fit the story better I guess.

mthor

• Email
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 06:16:30 PM »
Damn, I liked the last idea. It's really hard to get a dm who will allow that much flavor. Btw if you ever get on that horse again you can go for the psionic gish idea you can get the slayer prestige class for proof against information gathered with clairsentience power or spells. So like vecna-blooded for the psionic.

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 07:04:50 PM »
I enjoy making flavorful characters and always have at least a few backup characters simmering in my mind.

Jacob my binder is a runaway from a father who is a Deacon for the Church of St Cuthbert in the region, after discovering his uncle's research journal into becoming a demon. The deacon had dispatched paladin's to hunt down and kill his own brother, so once Jacob figured this out he fled himself to avoid the same fate. He came into his power during the Red Hand of Doom campaign and has now established himself as a major player in the region's politics. He's even been granted lordship over the western part of the Vale. During the game he ran into his father a couple of times and has at least earned a reprieve from him due to him using power in a way that promotes the survival of the common folk and saving his father's life from monsters and demons in the horde twice.

Now Jacob's using his abilities to rebuild what was destroyed during the war, using his army (Leadership score of 25) of converted (and attoned) goblins to act as the regions protectors. He convinced Saarvith to change sides even. The Fey court blessed him with the bloodline levels and has contacted him to help them establish a foothold in the material plane from Faerie. Jacob has agreed to help them as long as the immigrants promise to obey the laws of the land. This has all been established in out of game conversations with the GM with the context of most of it happening during the 4 months of downtime Jacob had while the rest of the party was completing the Expedition to the Demonweb Pits.  I had taken over DMing that portion while our regular one was off on military training for a few months.

I personally know this is going to be bad news in the long run but try hard to keep my own player knowledge and the character knowledge separate. I had hoped that more of the Fey storyline would be brought to the attention of the rest of the party, but it sounds like we're going to be persuing more Drow and Undead for at least the near future.