Author Topic: Axebeak Companion question  (Read 1315 times)

hakinaro

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Axebeak Companion question
« on: June 28, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »
i was going to try and have an axebeak animal companion for a druid im making since it will benefit from the multiattack feat and i can ride it but i was confused trying to make it work since it says it has d10 hit die and the monster manual say that animals have d8's so since it's a 3.0 monster does it have to be lowered to a d8? also how would i increase its skills that part always confused me

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Axebeak Companion question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 04:28:21 PM »
Sounds like it used to be a Beast in 3.0, a creature type that doesn't exist anymore. Yeah, the HD would become normal Animal HD, as with any Druid Animal Companion.
As for skills, an animal gets skill points for its HD an Int modifier as if its Animal HD were its class, that is to say, 2+Int (this will most certaily be only the minimum 1 per HD). Class skills are undefined. It seems safe to assume that the skills the animal originally has ranks in are class skills for its hit dice, for anything else, ask the DM.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation