Author Topic: DMM Cleric questions  (Read 1548 times)

Vortenger

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
DMM Cleric questions
« on: June 26, 2011, 09:56:56 PM »
I was invited to join a game with some friends, and the only 'role' they want is a healer/buffbot.  So, to be able to fill that role and still, ya know...play... I thought a DMM persist cleric ought to be perfect (and show 'em that buffing is not for chumps, as seems to be their view).  I'll be starting at lvl 6 and the campaign is expected to end around lvl 15.  Limited to one nightstick per day.  Any published WoTC is fair game

I was thinking NG Human Clr 6 (w/ the destroy undead acf from Ravenloft)/Radiant Servant 1/ Sacred Exorcist 1/ Death Delver (HoH) 1/ Radiant Servant 5/ Contemplative 1. Domains are Healing (w/ spontaneous domain casting) and Sun.  Feats are 1.Extend, H.Persist, 3.DMM:Persist, 6.Extra Turning, 9.Extra Turning (Power Attack?), etc.  Stats are done w/ 32 point buy and I'm unsure how to slit it up.  I know this build loses a CL but I think gaining a rebuke pool is worth it. Is it?

Now if I understand this right I have 4 pools of 'turning' to draw on for DMM: turn, rebuke, destroy undead, and greater turning, as all of these reference turn undead as their base.  Is that right? (DM has OK'd greater turning to work, dunno if thats RAW)  Also, does extra turning apply to greater turns as well as the other three?  The language in the SRD makes me think so.

If I'm getting all that right than assuming a (minimum) +5 cha mod at level 10 and no additional gear, I should be getting 32 turns and an additional 16 per extra turning feat for a base of 48 (assuming 1 extra turning feat).  Thats 6 persisted spells with some greater turns left for giggles.  Extending the persists means 12 persistespells active per day minimum.  What should I use them on?  Divine Power and Righteous Might are gimmes.  Does Mass Lesser Vigor still work for persist?  What else is worth it?  

Does this build seem viable?  Is Power Attack worth trading 12-16 turning attempts?  What sort of equipment aside from stat boosters should I be looking for?  And what other than a reliquary holy symbol and nightsticks grants additional turning attempts?

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
Re: DMM Cleric questions
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 10:15:37 PM »
Consider Ocular Spell or Reach Spell so you can apply Persistent Spell to any spell. Persistent Delay Death is cool (plus Persistent Mass Lesser Vigor). Chain Spell Delay Death the party w/ a Metamagic Rod of Chaining. Persistent Righteous Wrath of the Faithful helps all the melees of your group plus you since it looks like you want to melee aswell. Recitation is also another cool thing to Persist. Chain Superior Resistance later on.

Uhmm.. There's more, but that's what I remember of the top of my head on Clerics from here and various other threads on these boards. Search function is your friend.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Esgath

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 06:27:25 AM »
Here, here and here are good spells to persist.

Vortenger

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 07:42:34 PM »
Thanks, guys. The persistent lists were exactly what I was looking for.  I'm AFB right now, but isn't Ocular Spell limited to two spells stored at a time?  It seems Reach Spell would be more utilitarian if that is so.  I'm still curious if I'm right about having 4 separate pools of turning.  Is that correct?  Last question: Is there a point of diminishing returns on persisted spells?  How many is too many?