Author Topic: The Hand of the Shadow War - Recruitment and Information  (Read 12242 times)

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: The Hand of the Shadow War - Recruitment and Information
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 09:09:53 PM »
Skydragonknight: Is there anything in particular you want this dagger to do?

Returning, Distance...ranged Death Attacks are great. At higher levels being able to make multiple ranged attacks in a round(like Bloodstorm Blade's Lightning Ricochet ability) would be awesome. Entirely not necesary until 7th level for Full Death Attack.

The ability to store their souls in gems(mechanic of the Thief of Souls PrC from Tome). Thinaum daggers typically can only hold one soul at a time and if another is stored the first is set free...and then the person can be rezzed, which really lowers my credibility as a professional assassin. The class features of Thief of Souls don't appeal to me, so I don't want to waste levels on it. All I really want is to be able to store the souls which I can either add to my fee to give to my employer or sell to necromancers.

LE if you can't already tell. :)
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »
I'll get to work on both after (or, if you guys are lucky, DURING) work today. :P

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 10:03:07 PM »
Crap.  Did I miss where we were evil?  I was assuming neutral.  Eh, I can just RP an ass with humor.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 10:21:49 PM »
Crap.  Did I miss where we were evil?  I was assuming neutral.  Eh, I can just RP an ass with humor.

LE aligned assassins actually get along well with other characters. Just contract him and give the money you owe him in the contract and there will be no problems.

LE people are much less dangerous than CN people to be around unless you have powerful enemies that want you dead for some reason. Luckily, you're level 1 and probably non-nobility so you have nothing to worry about...yet.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 10:36:45 PM »
If you read my work on alignment that I linked, there is no part where being evil involves being an uncooperative asshole. Those exist in ANY alignment. Lawful evil individuals, as stated there, put the group first anyway.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 10:48:12 PM »
If you read my work on alignment that I linked, there is no part where being evil involves being an uncooperative asshole. Those exist in ANY alignment. Lawful evil individuals, as stated there, put the group first anyway.
Oh yeah.  LE is by far one of the best alignments to have on allies.  I know SDK wouldn't do anything disruptive.  I was just surprised.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2008, 11:02:31 PM »
Ah, ok. Gotcha. :D

Who do I talk to in order to get a fancy subforum like all the other cool PbP kids?

Check them both out!

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »
Post in the "Current Games" thread which is stickied. Then Aftercrescent will poke Meg until she makes the forum.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2008, 11:52:54 PM »
Does swordwraith paragon have any prereqs?  That class looks fun.  Strength damage, maybe the other two levels (need to decide whether the DR is worthless or not, Iron will is nice and might be worth a level, stealthy even with the tome fix is not really worth a level by itself).

Edit: Done reading pretty much the entire Tome and your essay on alignment.  Leakirr is tending towards TN or LN by those principles.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 12:40:50 AM by ubernoob »

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2008, 12:44:34 AM »
Thanks SDK, I'll do it ASAP.

Swordwraith paragon requires you to be a swordwraith, but no, nothing else. You got through 'On Alignment'? Awesome! If in doubt, go N - that usually helps.

Check them both out!

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2008, 12:49:12 AM »
Swordwraith paragon requires you to be a swordwraith, but no, nothing else. You got through 'On Alignment'? Awesome! If in doubt, go N - that usually helps.
Could we weave in a reason to become a swordwraith for Leakirr?  I don't want to start as one, but it would be awesome to become one.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2008, 12:59:40 AM »
Fluffwise, it can be arranged. As anything. :D

Also, I was just struck with an idea - instead of giving you premade legacy items, why not let you craft your own? Essentially, each time you gain levels, you guys decide what abilities your weapon grabs, and write those weapons' own histories? Far cooler, I think.

Check them both out!

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2008, 01:01:42 AM »
Fluffwise, it can be arranged. As anything. :D

Also, I was just struck with an idea - instead of giving you premade legacy items, why not let you craft your own? Essentially, each time you gain levels, you guys decide what abilities your weapon grabs, and write those weapons' own histories? Far cooler, I think.
I'd be up for this.

Edit: Done with the Ideals too.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 01:22:33 AM by ubernoob »

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2008, 02:42:26 AM »
Aftercrescent: Boneblade is all good, but where do I find dragonbone?
Absolutely no idea. :D It said in the quote you gave me that it can be combined with the Dragoncrafter feat.  I'm going to be busy this weekend, so my posting will dwindle, but come Sunday/Monday night, I'll catch up and figure out mroe specifically what I'm going to be doing and put in a solid request for the legacy weapon and come up with some background...
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2008, 02:50:13 AM »
IIRC, Frank & K were working on a dragon based Tome, but never finished it.  They decided to not finish it after all the dragon wanking supplements.  The Tomes aren't exactly finished (skill feats, spell level feats, dragons, etc).

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2008, 02:58:17 AM »
Wow, nice. How does it all read?

Also, you're right, swordwraith paragon kinda sucks. Make the DR /-, and get the Skill Feat version of Stealthy. That should make it more decent. The Skill Feat version of Stealthy is much better, and you can find it in the community material section of the PDF.

Check them both out!

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2008, 03:05:05 AM »
Wow, nice. How does it all read?

Also, you're right, swordwraith paragon kinda sucks. Make the DR /-, and get the Skill Feat version of Stealthy. That should make it more decent. The Skill Feat version of Stealthy is much better, and you can find it in the community material section of the PDF.
What about the skill version of alertness?  Not a big deal, but it would be cool.

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2008, 03:23:46 AM »
Yeah, sure, why not?

Check them both out!

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2008, 03:42:33 AM »
Yeah, sure, why not?
Now I'm considering starting as a swordwraith...

I need to work on narrowing down the RP I'm going for.

Edit: Really leaning toward starting as a venerable swordwraith.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 02:59:01 PM by ubernoob »

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2008, 03:47:38 AM »
Well, have fun with that, what can I say?

Check them both out!