Author Topic: Ponies! My Little Pony: D20 adaptation  (Read 21640 times)

Tleilaxu_Ghola

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Wanted for consipracy to kill Pun-Pun
Re: Ponies! My Little Pony: D20 adaptation
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2011, 02:57:13 AM »
Half in preparation for writing my own piece of pony fiction, half in preparation for setting the background of this campaign I have started to write up a document on the "History of Equestria".  My goal here is to explain the origins and political backdrop of the modern day Equestria, including the origin of Celestia/Luna.  Although I have already written some stuff on this topic, I didn't really like it.  Consider this document as my latest revision on any origin-type history I've "published" so far to this thread.

A link to a .pdf of what I have so far is below.  There's not a lot, but believe me I've been agonizing for the past couple weeks on just what I've got written so far.  I think the main hurdle is past, so I'm hoping more can be written quickly this weekend.

Google Doc Link:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B9hdkgrwXTfhYjJhZTVjZWEtNDM3OS00MjRlLWFkYjAtNjY0MmMyOTFmMzBh&hl=en_US

Yes, it reads kind of like an encyclopedia at the moment.  I'll have to wrap up this information in prose later.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:58:52 AM by Tleilaxu_Ghola »

Tleilaxu_Ghola

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2011, 03:14:05 AM »
Also, based on some fan fiction I've read, I'm considering adding the following Earth Pony quirk:

Stand Firm (Su): (Requires Level 12) Once per encounter, as an immediate action, an Earth Pony with all four feet in contact with the ground can render herself invulnerable to all damage for rounds equal to [CON MOD].  While the Stand Firm effect persists, the Earth Pony cannot move (by her own volition or by some external force) nor take any actions.  The effect may be dismissed as a free action.

I can't really see a reason why this would be grossly over powered.  The Earth pony basically becomes a brick and can't do anything.  You can still kill it with non-damaging effects like insta-gib spells and other non-damaging spell effects can be applied.  Sure is a good way to ruin a BBEG's full attack sequence, though, and that's what it's designed for.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2011, 05:34:38 AM »
Also, based on some fan fiction I've read, I'm considering adding the following Earth Pony quirk:

Stand Firm (Su): (Requires Level 12) Once per encounter, as an immediate action, an Earth Pony with all four feet in contact with the ground can render herself invulnerable to all damage for rounds equal to [CON MOD].  While the Stand Firm effect persists, the Earth Pony cannot move (by her own volition or by some external force) nor take any actions.  The effect may be dismissed as a free action.

I can't really see a reason why this would be grossly over powered.  The Earth pony basically becomes a brick and can't do anything.  You can still kill it with non-damaging effects like insta-gib spells and other non-damaging spell effects can be applied.  Sure is a good way to ruin a BBEG's full attack sequence, though, and that's what it's designed for.
Hmm, its still functionally a perfect defense against one attack.

Why not make activating it a standard or full round action?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

DonQuixote

• What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2011, 09:15:42 AM »

Hmm, its still functionally a perfect defense against one attack.

Why not make activating it a standard or full round action?

Or have it leave you exhausted or fatigued after dismissal.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »
Thought this might interest you.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

braininthejar

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 11:17:17 AM »
So, is this still work in progress?

Tleilaxu_Ghola

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2011, 02:12:45 AM »
So, is this still work in progress?

I failed to find players for the game, so the project got shelved.  Instead, I'm working towards making a fanfic of the setting while I hunt around for players.  I mean the pony classes are more or less done and I was just working on getting a campaign world built at this point.  I find story writing more entertaining than generating an encyclopedia entry.  If you find a particular pony ability missing you wanted to add, the design is modular enough to handle things like that.

If anyone cares enough to shoot the breeze on setting ideas, though, I could talk your ear off.  I figured I'd wait on publishing it though until it was fully congealed.