Author Topic: DFA // Sorcerer Gestalt help  (Read 1390 times)

drako_beoulve

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
DFA // Sorcerer Gestalt help
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:14:27 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm going to play in a Gestalt campaing on where all player are Overlords. I want to create a Dragon Overlord so I've choosen to do something with DFA and Sorcerer as I feel this classes have a great sinergy on the Draconic aspect. Campaing starts at Lv 15 and my first Build is DFA 15 // Sorcerer 15. But I need to dip n' mix on the sorcerer side with PrC that can give more things than the sorcerer but with Full Caster progresion or a 8/10 casting progression as I'll go Heir of Syberis.

End build will look like this: DFA 17 / Heir of Syberis 3 // Sorcerer X / Full Casting PrC Y

Basically I want my build to have this things:

- Summon / Have a bunch of dragons to help me out.
- Metabreath Spells (I've picked up the Animate breath from Spell compendium to create Fivefold Elementals  :smirk )
- Have Wings and other dragon features.
- Most important, some prestige classes for the Sorcerer side.

Can you hlep me?, Thanks In Advance

kharmakazy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: DFA // Sorcerer Gestalt help
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »
Well, dragonwrought kobold can get you some wings as well as changing your type to dragon.

kharmakazy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 03:29:54 PM »
A venerable dragonwrought dessert kobold has:
-4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +3 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom, +3 Charisma
With no LA

Draconic rite of passage gets you +1 sorcerer level which can help offset one of those PrCs with a dead level.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 03:41:22 PM »
How set are you on DFA? It has really bad synergy with Sorcerer as both classes want actions and offer very few passive benefits.  Persisting the Dragon Breath spell seems to give much of the benefit of DFA while freeing up your other side.  Hell, persisting a bunch of other _X_ Breath from the Spell Compendium seems like an amazing way to give you a ridiculous breath weapon that's better than DFAs.

Of course the easiest way to persist for free is Incantatrix.

This way you free up a whole side for MOAR DRAGONY GOODNESS :D
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286