Author Topic: Fun with Drow of the Underdark  (Read 5969 times)

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
Re: Fun with Drow of the Underdark
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 01:53:58 AM »
That's 5 levels of PrCs you miss out on.  I'd just drop the third school, go conjuration/transmutation and enjoy my PrC goodness.  Cuz conjuration and transmutation are that good.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 02:07:39 AM »
Still, being able to do all of that is rather impressive. And we all know there are DMs who ban multiclassing/PrCs or even enforce penalties on PrCs. This let's them play Wizard to 20 and not give a rat's ass.

And it is possible to get 3 of those PrC levels back, but it involves Legacy Champion. That and some people don't like banning Abjuration or Necromancy.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 02:58:45 AM »
Still, being able to do all of that is rather impressive. And we all know there are DMs who ban multiclassing/PrCs or even enforce penalties on PrCs. This let's them play Wizard to 20 and not give a rat's ass.
Good point.
And it is possible to get 3 of those PrC levels back, but it involves Legacy Champion.
Do explain.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 04:18:13 AM »
Hell, with ten levels of Wizard being actually decent, people might think twice about substituting a familiar.

Then again, maybe not.
I know gameology-fu.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 06:11:25 PM »
Good point.
And it is possible to get 3 of those PrC levels back, but it involves Legacy Champion.
Do explain.

Legacy Champion gives you 4 levels of class features from itself and three levels of spellcasting and familiar advancement for Wizard. You multiclass at Wizard 7 into a PrC of your choice for three levels, then into Legacy Champion and advance Wizard with it. You lose one level and have class benefits you want, not to mention a shiny little toy to use when you choose. Alternatively, you use Uncanny Trickster and multilcass at Wizard 8.

But this delays when you get the abilities, so I feel it is better to just go Wizard 10/PrC everything else.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

ronyon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 02:51:39 AM »
Constant Gaurdian.  Very handy on a non combat drone like a rebuked Slaymate. 
Misread this and thought I had missed a new minion. Instead I find a feat ready made for a guy who's packing a crapload of Ghostly Symbionts and a Heroics spell.I bought It and was wondering what I would do with it....
Neat thing is, it doesnt say anything about taking an attack action. Too bad it will only work once, no stacking...

I plan on exploiting the Husk Vermin.Due to their Verminous nature, they will be Mindless, which suits me fine, being that I play a "ethical"  necromancers, and choose to not exploit sentient undead.Anyway, it also makes for a great target for Command Undead, Chained preferably.