Author Topic: Play by Post Boardgame sub-board...  (Read 3900 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Play by Post Boardgame sub-board...
« on: June 15, 2011, 04:46:14 PM »
..namely, can we set one up? I was inspired by the Alice Chess thread over in the Tabletop Games section.

After all, it would give people a chance to try out stuff like crazy chess variants, and other such fun things. So, any interest?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Nachofan99

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Play by Post Boardgame sub-board...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
Only if we can get Heroquest going.  That would be totally BA!

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 09:03:59 AM »
Only if we can get Heroquest going.  That would be totally BA!
Oh! Hell! Yeah!

That and Axis and Allies!
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 12:54:01 PM »
Well, it would be for any board game your heart desires, and quite a few wargames...

I offer to be a mod on it, if it happens.

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:24:22 PM »
So who should we contact?

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 03:17:50 PM »
So who should we contact?
Me, I assume.

So... did you mean one thread for each game?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 06:12:20 PM »
Yeah, I thought it would be a child board for each game, since you need both a map thread where you can put the current map for things like Axis and Allies. And you need a map for heroquest and stuff like that. Also for chess it would be easier if there was a map to reference now and again.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 08:48:03 PM »
Yeah, I thought it would be a child board for each game, since you need both a map thread where you can put the current map for things like Axis and Allies. And you need a map for heroquest and stuff like that. Also for chess it would be easier if there was a map to reference now and again.
Well, why would you need a different section then? ??? There have already been games here using 3.5e, 4e, M&M, Paranoia, Burning Wheel, Dresden Files, Freeform, whatever.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:11:56 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
Yeah, just declare a game and it gets a subboard with everything else.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 09:46:13 PM »
Well, why would you need a different section then? ??? There have already been games here using 3.5e, 4e, M&M, Paranoia, Burning Wheel, Dresden Files, Freeform, whatever.

Ok, so it's okay to set it up here?

Well, if anyone is up for a game of chess (any variant you want, as long as you explain all the extra rules at the beginning), I wouldn't mind playing them.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 12:19:23 AM »
I'm just wondering what would happen to games after everyone is done playing; would their sub-board be removed (deleted), to avoid clutter? After all, a game of chess is much faster than your average campaign.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 08:43:55 AM »
I think a board for each TYPE of game, should be fine, we just need to use thread titles to differentiate inside each.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 07:59:37 PM »
Makes sense. So... I actually had an ulterior motive for bringing this up...

I have a wargame/boardgame I'm designing, and I'll need playtesting, so...

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 09:22:31 PM »
Makes sense. So... I actually had an ulterior motive for bringing this up...

I have a wargame/boardgame I'm designing, and I'll need playtesting, so...
Me too, but I'd love to test yours.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 09:31:08 PM »
Well, I don't have all the specifics down yet (board size, pieces on a side, etc), but I do have rules for movement and combat, so...

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Mystic Lemur

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 01:36:13 PM »
So who said they were running HeroQuest?

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 08:35:37 PM »
Wonder if something like Risk would work with this.

Handy Links

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 03:55:12 PM »
You know, I'd suggest sub-boards for different game systems... but it's maybe 80% 3.5e here. :p
My work