Author Topic: 3.P Need help optimizing a summoner  (Read 1152 times)

bjornvikingholt

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
3.P Need help optimizing a summoner
« on: June 10, 2011, 01:08:33 AM »
so, one o my players left and did so in a way that left his character with a good entry for a villain. His character was a PF half elf summoner and I need to make the fight a credible threat for some moderately optimized tier 3 characters of levels 11-13. The problem is his iconic summon was a sword and board type with no real feat selection, so i need to keep that look while stil making it dangerous. other things that have to stay are large size, bipedal, and winged, so which feats and evolutions should i give this thing? (the summoner will be level 12 and will be part of a group of level 11-13 NPCs including a battle sorcerer, a dragonfire bard, and a healer)

Hasmadad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: 3.P Need help optimizing a summoner
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »
Have you checked the spells available for Summoners? Grease, Glitterdust, Black Tentacles, Hold Monster, the "pit" spells. They make really good GODs while the eidolon and random summons go smack the party around. Just give a few charging feats to the eidolon (PA, Leap attack, Battle Jump, Storm Trooper, Rampage(PF) etc.). You can also try to escape when things go south with Marionette Possessing your eidolon and grabbing your body while flying away.

-Uncle Has