Author Topic: Chapter One: Signs of the Flesh  (Read 25421 times)

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: Chapter One: Signs of the Flesh
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »
*insert plot progress here*
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »
Golharath looks around the room at the group.

"So, we all want to find out what is going on. Can we decide on a course of action?"
He jabs his finger at the map again.
"Lake Cyre is a long distance from here. It might be faster by sea. Unless any of you happen to have an airship..."

[spoiler]
That sea route passes by Darguun, so it is probably dangerous, but Gol doesn't know that. It's still a very long trip by lightning rail, though, and it would take us through Thrane and Karrnath.

Full Map
[/spoiler]
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2008, 01:04:53 AM »
Ansirus stares at the map intently.

"Hmm....it seems that no matter what choice we make, if we want to avoid a long trip, we would have to go through the Mournland. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would prefer not to have to set foot in that blasted wasteland.

"The Lightning Rail would most likely be the safest way, but would take an absurd amount of time to get there without a trek in the Mournland. I wouldn't mind a short detour in Thrane, though.

We could also take a ship, preferably a Lyrandar galleon. I wish I knew how much it would cost, though. It can't be cheap.

Or, we could take an airship. I have connections with the Church, but I doubt I could manage to get an airship. We could always try to find a privateer, though..."

Ansirus stares at the map, and makes a mental note to buy a notebook, so he can write down prices for various means of transportation.

[spoiler]Eh, wouldn't hurt to have one lol. Plus, then I would have an excuse for where I could get precise prices from. With Gol's map, we could find out how much we need to get from place to place.[/spoiler]

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2008, 04:08:58 AM »
House Kundarak might be able to help me with the lightning rail, or a airship - they might be able to get us passage.  Might still charge us, but at least it should be cheaper.

Schala_Zeal

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2008, 09:39:51 PM »
OOC:
Assume 1500 gp for either lightning rail or airship, both getting you to Gatherhold.  House ties can cut that in half.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2008, 10:48:27 PM »
Thalin frowns at the mention of "Lighting Rails" and "Airships" and all the other abominations of nature being mentioned.
"Can't we just go by ship?"

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »
*some arbitrary time later*

I believe that is the Lake in the distance. I am sure glad that the trip was uneventful.

Free food!
[spoiler]I have a +8 Survival modifier, or+10 in "above ground natural environments" thanks to Knowledge(Nature) synergy. Taking 10 for non-stressful days I provide food for myself and 5 other people. I think that's either all of us or one short. Ah well, if we needed to I could have shown someone how to hunt/gather(take 10 on Survival) who has a positive Wisdom modifier.[/spoiler]

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2008, 09:00:10 PM »
Thordin stretches, glad to have his two feet planted on the ground again.

Bah, a good fight always livens up the day.  I don't pick fights, but if violence is necessary, then let it come.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2008, 10:37:47 AM »
Golharath jerks awake.

"Guh? Are we there already?"
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2008, 02:53:40 PM »
Ansirus walks towards the rest of the group, yawning as he stretches his muscles.

"Thank the Flame we are finally here. I thought I would go mad cooped up in there."

Schala_Zeal

« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2008, 02:23:03 PM »
And so the party journeys to Griffonclaw, a city near to their destination on the banks of Lake Cyre in the Mournland.  Aware that this is their last chance to make any preparations before entering the land of the dead mists, they check and recheck their gear.  Cynthia, growing more withdrawn on the long journey, asks if there are any other preparations that should be made before departing the town, perhaps never to return.

Make any changes you need (assume you can buy anything non-broken for a reasonable price per the rules, no war trolls).  Is the party just going to walk into the Mournland?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2008, 04:55:38 PM »
[spoiler]
Is the party just going to walk into the Mournland?
Given that Lake Cyre isn't in the Mournland (the mists stop right at the coast)...

As a side note, can I charge a deep crystal weapon, then hand it to another party member to wield?
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 04:59:19 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Schala_Zeal

« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2008, 08:07:11 PM »
[spoiler]
Given that Lake Cyre isn't in the Mournland (the mists stop right at the coast)...

Hmmm - never noticed that part.  So - hiring a boat and hoping to find it from the shore?  I just need some direction here without throwing the party into something.

As a side note, can I charge a deep crystal weapon, then hand it to another party member to wield?
[/spoiler]

Sounds reasonable to me - remember the 1 minute time limit that it stays charged or until it discharges on a hit or miss with a ranged weapon. 
[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2008, 11:59:55 PM »
Thalin looks for the place we're going to.