Author Topic: Urban planning conference  (Read 10001 times)

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: Urban planning conference
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2011, 02:22:06 PM »
Going with a chrysoprase-style troll?
Something along those lines. Neutral, at least in theory, and less concerned with gold than with favors, information, and the occasional trinket. He probably has a rather puffed-up idea of his own importance, since he bought the bridge. He's definitely a major player, but he's a few rungs lower than he'd like to believe.

Of course, this may not be in keeping with the idea of trolls as they've been presented so far in the series.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2011, 02:37:20 PM »
Going with a chrysoprase-style troll?
Something along those lines. Neutral, at least in theory, and less concerned with gold than with favors, information, and the occasional trinket. He probably has a rather puffed-up idea of his own importance, since he bought the bridge. He's definitely a major player, but he's a few rungs lower than he'd like to believe.

Of course, this may not be in keeping with the idea of trolls as they've been presented so far in the series.
Water in general seems to lean towards Winter, I think.

Possibly rotate the base creature? Its a running body of water so you can have anything from Phooka to Selkies to Nymphs to Kelpies(in all the cases where they are 'lesser' sidhe types they can be promoted to a full Sidhe who was previously a member of the species)
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2011, 03:58:59 AM »
Possibly rotate the base creature? Its a running body of water so you can have anything from Phooka to Selkies to Nymphs to Kelpies(in all the cases where they are 'lesser' sidhe types they can be promoted to a full Sidhe who was previously a member of the species)
That could work, but my initial reaction was that a creature of that sort would be more closely tied to the river itself rather than the crossings and those who use them. The Danube is a really big hindrance if you're trying to work magic, so nine times out of ten a practitioner will just cross it if he wants to do something on the other side. That sort of information is valuable to anyone with a foot in the supernatural world, and who would know more about bridge crossings than trolls? It's heavily implied that they have some connection with their bridge(s) which is at least a little magical, since it's nearly impossible to get to the other side without running into the troll if it doesn't want you to cross.

Plus, if we stick with the troll angle, Arsene has a potential contact. It'd be a shame to let a good heist go to waste.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2011, 06:26:40 AM »
So, apparently a couple of months ago they put the first two seasons of Carmen Sandiego up on youtube...
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2011, 09:03:10 AM »
So, apparently a couple of months ago they put the first two seasons of Carmen Sandiego up on youtube...
...And you just put that damn theme song back in my head. Now it'll take days to get it out again. :shakefist
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2011, 01:23:26 PM »
...And you just put that damn theme song back in my head. Now it'll take days to get it out again. :shakefist
At least you don't have to worry about piloting a chronoskimmer any time soon, barring Sixth Law violations.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2011, 04:09:09 AM »
Which one?

EDIT: Missed one

At least you don't have to worry about piloting a chronoskimmer any time soon, barring Sixth Law violations.
Hey, I'd be skimming against the currents of time in that case.  It's a whole letter off, which makes it fully legit.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:44:57 PM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2011, 03:51:56 PM »
Hey, I'd be skimming against the currents of time in that case.  It's a whole letter off, which makes it fully legit.
In fairness, by the time most wizards are powerful enough to attempt this and succeed, they probably wouldn't look too great in a bathing suit. Maybe that's the real reason behind the law.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »
Hey, I'd be skimming against the currents of time in that case.  It's a whole letter off, which makes it fully legit.
In fairness, by the time most wizards are powerful enough to attempt this and succeed, they probably wouldn't look too great in a bathing suit. Maybe that's the real reason behind the law.
Unless they're Anastasia Luccio.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2011, 06:36:12 AM »
A good point, except shes lost a lot of her power in her new ride.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2011, 03:39:42 PM »
A good point, except shes lost a lot of her power in her new ride.
True, she'd probably need to tap a leyline or so.