Author Topic: Anite Blake - The Necromancer!  (Read 1462 times)

BlackAngelika

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Anite Blake - The Necromancer!
« on: June 05, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »
Someone read this novels about Anita Blake? Unfortunately I didn't have the chance, but luckily I learned about Anita (Many thanks to Penny Arcade! :clap).
Now, I'm playing DnD and there this game, for tier 1-2 casters only and I got inspired by Anita. Soooo... would you help me stating her for DnD?
(P.S. I didn't know where to put this. If it's place is in "Min/Max It" then please move it there, thanks. :blush)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Anite Blake - The Necromancer!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 04:15:31 PM »
It would help if you listed down her abilities to start with. I read some, but calling her a necromancer is severely stretching AND understating the case.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

BlackAngelika

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
There is a summary of her abilities in the link in my first post.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
The necromancy bit, given that she doesn't do a whole lot of raising, can fit fairly easily as a Dread Necromancer(the rebuking is nice to have).
Combat training implies a BAB of above 4, Improved Unarmed Strike, and Improved Trip.
Investigative and supernatural knowledge is just Knowledge(various).
Human Servant abilities....I dare say just going to D&D rules would cover the healing rate, and caster will saves covers the rest.
The rest are basically spells, barring the triumvirate powers of which the energy transfer bit doesn't quite work in D&D.

Not sure about the specifics since I hadn't read them since it turned into a sex-fest.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."