Author Topic: No spellcasters game 2 (Alastar's campaign) **recruiting**  (Read 12727 times)

Caelic

• Hong Kong
Re: No spellcasters game 2 (Alastar's campaign) **recruiting**
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2008, 07:39:13 PM »
Wait...you mean...a campaign where characters buy MORE than magic items?  Where they actually have REASONS for adventuring, beyond making more money to buy bigger toys to go on more adventures to make more money to buy bigger toys...?

BLASPHEMY! :)

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2008, 07:43:58 PM »
well midnight:

-you can buy a shitload of mundane items, those you are not limited in
-You can buy several lesser items, items that cost 1000 and 500 and 2000 and make them all into one big item (it's why i made the rule)
-You can invest in land, real estate, properties, or others.

It's not as restricted as you think.
Ah no! No, I wasn't saying it was restricting at all. I was just seeing if I got the money right as thats the way I"m doing it.
I have 1 weapon and one phenomenal item, thats just me. So you know, I'm happy with the way this is all going, hell its basically the Rokugan! Down to the kimonos lol. I'll prolly where the colors or a modified version of the "dress"... I love this stuff.  :D
edit LOL Caelic slipped his post in.
What will we do with all that money...?

edit:2 Caelic is a "skrull"... :smirk

What I'm not seeing so far, guys, is anything like a "face."  We're really going to need someone to do our talking, considering the number of us who are going to be less than socially acceptable to the bulk of society. 

To make it clear OOC (I will NOT be advertising this IC): I'm planning on playing a Changeling Wildshape Ranger/Master of Many Forms.  The vast majority of the time, he will be in one form; it's entirely possible and even likely that most of the party will think that IS his form. 

I have the advantage of being able to "dress down" and look like a normal human when the need arises, but I'm not a social-skill character.

I've been playing with the build a bit and I have some zhentarim soilder levels and a bonus to charisma so I could probbably nudge a little more and be the "face"...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 07:49:11 PM by Midnight_v »
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2008, 07:47:03 PM »
Yep.  And the nifty thing is: you don't know how many of us there are. 

Muahaha.

Actually, believe it or not, I WAS thinking Marvel when I came up with the concept for the character--but I was thinking Hulk.  Specifically, the Peter David version where he integrated Banner's mind with the Hulk's physique.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2008, 07:53:39 PM »

Muahaha.

Actually, believe it or not, I WAS thinking Marvel when I came up with the concept for the character--but I was thinking Hulk.  Specifically, the Peter David version where he integrated Banner's mind with the Hulk's physique.
I've actually been reading secret invasion, what I wanted to know is, do our pc's know you're a skrull *ahem* changeling (sorry)? I was coming into this thinking that our pc's had worked together on missions before this one. Like were "Squad 5" or something. I have my background made it undedited though... and like 4-5 concepts sketched that fit, I was thinking I'd have like around 70-80 disclosure within the team.
Its cool though, were an interesting partyto say the least.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2008, 07:56:32 PM »
Honestly, that's largely going to depend on the characters and the history we work out.  It might be that some members of the group will know, and others will not; the character's VERY cautious about revealing that.  His general gameplan is "Hide in plain sight."  After all, if he already looks like something vaguely-monstrous, and is working for the monster hunters, who's going to suspect that he's hiding something?

(As of right now, the thought is that his "standard form" is going to be a very large Catfolk.)

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2008, 08:07:12 PM »
I see, of course, how that ends up being much more subtle.  :P j/k

Actually, now that I think about it, I do see how you're much less likely to be hated, a tiger man might be dangerous but a shapeshifter is a threat to society. Interesting...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 08:09:23 PM by Midnight_v »

Nodaisho

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2008, 08:30:13 PM »
Wait, 18365? I thought we were starting with 75% of level 10 gold? 37k or somewhere in that vicinity?
The more I see of people, the more I love my dog.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2008, 08:36:35 PM »
Wait, 18365? I thought we were starting with 75% of level 10 gold? 37k or somewhere in that vicinity?
level 10 gold is 49,000, isn't it?
you're probbably looking at npc wealth

Nodaisho

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2008, 09:07:44 PM »
Yeah, I meant 37k as the vicinity of 75%, that was unclear. Someone said they had $18365 to split between two items, I was confused.

edit: I guess by the time Alastar sees this, I will be gone until friday/saturday, but A: would you mind me playing a Kensai? I want the ability to enhance my unarmed attacks with abilities rather than just a +1 or +2. I would be fine with that meaning me only having one magic item (though I would rather still have 2) and I would be waiting until the next level to take a level in kensai.

Did anyone notice rules regarding HP generation?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 09:14:32 PM by Nodaisho »
The more I see of people, the more I love my dog.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2008, 09:15:17 PM »
Yeah, I meant 37k as the vicinity of 75%, that was unclear. Someone said they had $18365 to split between two items, I was confused.

edit: I guess by the time Alastar sees this, I will be gone until friday/saturday, but A: would you mind me playing a Kensai? I want the ability to enhance my unarmed attacks with abilities rather than just a +1 or +2. I would be fine with that meaning me only having one magic item (though I would rather still have 2) and I would be waiting until the next level to take a level in kensai.

Did anyone notice rules regarding HP generation?
Ahh... no sweat.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2008, 09:25:17 PM »

Muahaha.

The easiest representation of Hulk in D&D is a Goliath Barbarian Warhulk who's an absolute genius until he rages and then becomes large size and gets the Warhulk benefits(massive strength and No Time to Think)
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2008, 09:39:27 PM »
or maybe the king of smack for the peter david one. . .
but you're is brilliant never thought about that.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2008, 09:51:17 PM »
I'm revamping my character. Same general principle, but mechanically better.
Though since Alastar gave us a shiny new thread to discuss our characters, I'll be asking for help there. ;)

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2008, 11:10:25 PM »

The easiest representation of Hulk in D&D is a Goliath Barbarian Warhulk who's an absolute genius until he rages and then becomes large size and gets the Warhulk benefits(massive strength and No Time to Think)

Sure, for the classic "Hulk smash!" Hulk.  I'm talking about the more recent, "Hulk's form is dictated by Banner's multiple personality disorder" Hulk.  Basically, Banner can turn into all SORTS of different "Hulks"--it's just that most of the time, he has no conscious control over it.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2008, 11:14:09 PM »

Sure, for the classic "Hulk smash!" Hulk.  I'm talking about the more recent, "Hulk's form is dictated by Banner's multiple personality disorder" Hulk.  Basically, Banner can turn into all SORTS of different "Hulks"--it's just that most of the time, he has no conscious control over it.

Maybe we should design a Flaw for you then where changing forms is involunatary or your actions become more limited in a different form?

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2008, 11:19:24 PM »

Maybe we should design a Flaw for you then where changing forms is involunatary or your actions become more limited in a different form?

Nah.  The concept was my inspiration; I'm not trying to recreate it.  My character's QUITE happy being master of his own form, and able to sculpt it to suit his self-concept. :) 

BTW, where IS the character thread?

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2008, 10:05:16 AM »
You can be a kensai, I'm ok with it.

But all your unarmed attacks have to be +1 before you can put special abilities in them.