Author Topic: Psionic Focus Optimization  (Read 22132 times)

Saeomon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • A real rules lawyer
Psionic Focus Optimization
« on: June 03, 2011, 01:32:12 PM »
In all the many, many threads about 3.5 Psionics, I've never seen one specifically devoted to the optimal use of the Psionic Focus. This is an attempt at doing just that.

This thread is centered on designing a character that will get the most out of its Psionic Focus. The ideas presented here may not be the strongest. The goal is simply to discuss a strategy for optimizing a specific feature that is universal to all Psionic characters.

Psionic Focus? What's That?
Every creature with the [Psionic] subtype is capable of becoming Psionically Focused. Taking a level in a Psionic class is the most common way for a PC to gain the [Psionic] subtype, though there are other options.

What benefit does this provide Psionic creatures compared to their non-Psionic peers? By default, there is only one thing a Psionic creature can do with its Psionic Focus: it can expend the focus in conjunction with a Concentration check. I'll cover what expending focus means, below. Expending the focus in this way lets the creature "Take 15" on that check. In other words, it can act as if it rolled a 15 on the check.

Overall, this is a rather small benefit. There is also an indirect drawback to being able to become Psionically Focused: by default, it requires a full-round action combined with a DC 20 Concentration check to become focused. Doing so provokes an attack of opportunity.

Analyzing cost vs. benefit, if the "Take 15" option was the only thing a Psionic creature could do with its focus then the ability would hardly ever come up in play.

But that is not the only thing a Psionic creature can do with its focus. As any player interested in Psionics quickly learns, the Psionic Focus is an integral part of the system, because the focus is a key component to activating many Psionic feats and even some class abilities.

Why Optimize for Psionic Focus?
It is possible to build a Psionic character who never bothers with its Psionic Focus. To overlook the ability is a shame, however. As mentioned, the ability to become Psionically Focused is a trait shared by ALL Psionic creatures. You get the ability for free. To never use it would be like never using your character's off hand to do anything.

Since you have the ability, you will want to get the most bang for your buck. So let's look at how to do that.

The Three Psionic Focus "States" and the Three Flavors of Psionic Focus-Related Feats
A Psionic creature will always be in one of the following states of being:

1) Psionically Focused, i.e. capable of using its focus for some purpose
2) Unfocused, i.e. uncapable of using its focus at all
3) In the process of becoming Psionically Focused, i.e. spending an action to make the check to become focused

Many feats specific to Psionic characters involve one or more of these three states of being. They come in three flavors:

1) Feats that require the creature to maintain its focus to receive a benefit
2) Feats that require the creature to expend its focus, i.e. go from focused to unfocused, to receive a benefit
3) Feats that require the creature to gain its focus, i.e. go from unfocused to focused, to receive a benefit

Most Psionic Focus-related feats fall into the 2nd category. This category includes all Metapsionic feats. Comparatively, the first category of focus-related feats is smaller and the benefits of the feats not as flashy.

The third category of focus-related feats really only includes a single feat, but that feat is key to any build that wants to get the most out of its Psionic Focus.

How to Optimize a Character's Psionic Focus
In a nutshell, to optimize a character's Psionic Focus means to maximize the amount of time that character is focused and minimize the time that character is unfocused.

Ideally, a character built to optimize its Psionic Focus would have at least one feat from each of the three categories referenced above. In practice, however, most Psionic builds will forgo the first category entirely. While I wouldn't call this a mistake, per se, it does mean the Psionic Focus aspect of one's character is not optimal.

Here's why: except in a set of very limited circumstances, most Psionic characters will only ever have one Psionic Focus. This means that all of those feats that fall into the second category listed above can only be used one at a time. The Psionic Focus, though it gives a character options, also limits the character in the use of those options.

Therefore, any character who wants to get the most out of its Psionic Focus will ideally have at least one of each of the following kinds of feats:

1) A feat that requires the character to maintain focus, but which doesn't hamstring the character when the character expends its focus
2) A focus expenditure feat that the character can and will want to use frequently
3) A focus expenditure feat that the character can make use of infrequently, but which provides a substantial benefit
4) A feat that minimizes the amount of time that the character is unfocused

So now let's turn to the real meat of this discussion:

Feat Selection for Psionic Focus Optimization
Relying on the four categories of feats that I've laid out in the preceding section, let's explore choices for a Psionic Focus-optimized character.

Feats that Require the Maintenance of Focus
As noted above, these feats are weaker than their focus-expenditure-requiring counterparts. Nevertheless, there are some very interesting and useful feats to be had, here.

From the Expanded Psionics Handbook we get the following: Ghost Attack, Psionic Dodge, Speed of Thought, and Up the Walls. Complete Psionic more than doubles that number: Deep Vision, Focused Shield, Focused Skill User, Gestalt Anchor, Mental Juggernaut, Psymbiot, Volatile Escalation, Volatile Leech, and Strength of Two. Last, but most definitely not least, there is Earth Power from Races of Stone.

Of all of these feats, Earth Power is far and away the strongest. There are two downsides to it, however. First, it has a sub-par prerequisite feat. Second, the benefit is so good that a character with this feat will be reluctant to ever expend its focus. To truly optimize a build with Earth Power requires two additional feats: Psionic Meditation and Psicrystal Containment. This is hard to pull off in most builds.

Out of the remainder, the real standouts are Speed of Thought, Up the Walls, and Mental Juggernaut. Each of these feats provides a fair benefit to any Psionic character, but not so much so that the player will never want to expend focus. In my opinion, Mental Juggernaut is the strongest choice out of the three, because it provides a benefit even when your character is unfocused, plus it comes with a bonus focus expenditure option that lets you completely avoid two very nasty status effects. The feat can benefit any build. On the other hand, a melee-focused Psionic character will likely get the most benefit out of Speed of Thought.

Best Choices: Mental Juggernaut, Speed of Thought, Up the Walls

Frequent-Use Focus Expenditure Feats
Basically, what you're looking for here is a reason to pop off you Psionic Focus every chance you get. A feat of this type should not have any additional costs, such as requiring additional Power Points. Ideally, it should help PRESERVE Power Points.

Aligned Attack, Enlarge Power, Fell Shot, Power Specialization, Psionic Endowment, Psionic Fist, Psionic Shot, Psionic Weapon, and Wounding Attack from the Expanded Psionics Handbook all fall into this category. From Complete Psionic we get a few more choices: Link Power, Transdimensional Power, and, in a roundabout way, Metapower.

Out of the above, the following feats are all very similar: Aligned Attack, Power Specialization, and Psionic Fist/Shot/Weapon. Each deals additional direct damage. A melee build will want to take Psionic Weapon and never look back. For non-melee types, the choice is a bit harder.

Psionic characters who attack from range and who are looking for a good default use for their Psionic Focus will find Aligned Attack, Power Specialization, and Psionic Shot attractive. Each comes with some troubling prerequisites, however. Psionic Shot has the highest damage potential out of the three, especially when combined with its Greater Psionic Shot counterpart, but it requires Point Blank Shot. Psionic characters that aren't also archers will get little use out of that prerequisite. Power Specialization takes the randomness out of the additional potential damage, but requires Weapon Focus: Ray and only works with powers, unlike the other two options, which also work with weapon attacks. Aligned Attack has a prerequisite of +5 Base Attack Bonus, but doesn't require any other feats.

Psionic Endowment takes the same idea but goes in a different direction, instead increasing the DC of any save when used. Making sure your powers actually take effect on their targets can help you save PP.

Interestingly, you get a few Metapsionic choices here. Enlarge Power is the only one from the XPH. It's probably only worthwhile if you have a lot of powers with a range of Close and your DM likes long-distance encounters. Link Power is an attractive choice. While it doesn't save on PP, it does help with the action economy. Transdimensional Power can do some interesting things, but it's probably not a feat you'd use all that frequently.

The Metapower feat is an intriguing, if more limited, option. Interesting applications include Empower Power, Extend Power, and Link Power.

Finally, there's Wounding Attack. Dealing a point of no-save Constitution damage every round is quite attractive, but the prerequisite of +8 BAB is a high bar to taking this feat.

Best Choices: Deciding which to choose is a toughie, and really comes down to personal preference. If you want to blast, either Aligned Attack, a Metapower Empower combined with a low-level power or the Psionic Shot feat tree are your best options. Only go down the latter road if you have the feats to spare. Psionic Endowment and Greater Psionic Endowment are frequently overlooked, probably because they only provide a +1 bonus, each. But consider them with a 3 PP Crystalstorm. That power has no Augmentation that aids its save DC, but the effect of a failed save is enormous. Link Power adds some interesting options, but you might find yourself burning through PP even more quickly. It's a very tough call.

Infrequent Use Focus Expenditure Feats
Here we're looking for a feat to keep in your character's back pocket. Something that you'll want to pull out when it really counts.

In this case, I'm inclined to say that the hands-down best all-around choice is Extend Power. It is useful in ANY build. It can help save PP by making your buffs last for more than one encounter, and during an encounter that you know will last for quite some time, this can help with those short-term buffs or multi-round effects to ensure that they don't end prematurely.

Feats That Help You Get/Stay Focused
Again, this is a pretty easy choice, as the best two options are in Core. Those options are Psionic Meditation and Psicrystal Containment. Psionic Meditation, which reduces the time it takes for a Psionic character to gain focus from a full-round action to a move-equivalent action, is such a great feat that it's considered by many to be mandatory for any Psionic character. Psicrystal Containment is also a great feat. It is the only way to gain a second Psionic Focus, or at least the only way that has been published in a book. Combined with Psionic Meditation, your character may never be unfocused ever again.

Putting it All Together
So, what should a character that is optimized for its Psionic Focus look like? In my opinion, there are a few key options here, all of which combine the goals spelled out in the preceding sections. As I stated in the opening section, these aren't the strongest options available, but rather some of the better options for a build based around using its Psionic Focus to the fullest extent.

That being said, here are a few "builds."

The Melee-er
Feats: Speed of Thought, Psionic Weapon, Extend Power, Psionic Meditation
Analysis: Speed of Thought lets the character close to melee range more quickly, and is certainly a boon to any build that uses Medium or Heavy Armor. Psionic Weapon helps the character bring the pain, and is even better if combined with the Greater version. Extended buffs make the character a powerhouse, and Psionic Meditation helps the character regain focus when there's a lull in the combat.

The Direct Blaster
Feats: Mental Juggernaut, Psionic Shot, Extend Power, Psionic Meditation
Analysis: Mental Juggernaut keeps the character up and running, while Psionic Shot helps the character deal adequate damage while preserving PP. For reference purposes, an Anarchic Initiate with Greater Psionic Shot could deal as much as 7d6+3 damage with an Energy Ray all for the cost of 1 PP and his/her focus. If the Anarchic Initiate uses Chaotic Surge, that could instead turn into either (1.5*3d6)+4d6+3 damage or 4d6+21 damage. All said, not too bad for a single PP and one's focus.

The Indirect Blaster/Battlefield Controller
Feats: Mental Juggernaut, Psionic Endowment, Extend Power, Psionic Meditation
Analysis: The concept is simple. Boost the save DCs of your powers and lock down foes, or hit them with Save-or-Die/Suck powers. Can make some low-level powers quite nasty. Again, consider an Anarchic Initiate with Greater Psionic Endowment and Crystalstorm. In the right circumstances, the damage done for just 3 PP could be as much as 5d4+1d4 Con, 1.5(5d4)+1.5(1d4 Con), 1.5(2d4)+1.5(1d4+1 Con), (20)+(4 Con) or (12)+(5 Con), all at a save DC of 12+Int Bonus+2.

The "Summoner"
Feats: Mental Juggernaut, Metapower Extend (Astral Construct), Extend Power, Psionic Meditation
Analysis: Tosses out its biggest, nastiest constructs to put the hurt on others.

Conclusion
The foregoing is perhaps more of an experiment with a concept than anything else. As I've said several times, the ideas presented here aren't the most powerful, but rather try to get the most out of a feature shared by all Psionic characters regardless of class. Most people, myself included, shy away from quite a few of the feats mentioned when building a typical character. Therefore, please consider this to be a suggestion that perhaps certain "underpowered" feats do have their place, if you think outside box a bit.

the_shadowmind

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Psionic Focus Optimization
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »
When I saw the title, I read it as Physic focus, the soulmeld that adds 1 damage to powers, and if bound adds a save or Daze effect.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »
While it's certainly the most niche use of Psionic Focus, it'd still be nice to see at least some words on the option to take 15 on Concentration checks. I can see it potentially being quite nice in a pinch on something that needs a Concentration check. Off the top of my head, taking 15 on the Concentration roll for one of the save-replacing DM maneuvers could be quite nice for when you really need to make that save.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 04:14:43 PM »
There are some ToB maneuvers that let you use concentration checks too I believe.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 04:18:24 PM »
There are some ToB maneuvers that let you use concentration checks too I believe.
Those are what I meant, yes. There's also two maneuvers that let you roll Concentration for damage, but I believe those don't benefit quite as much from taking 15.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 04:33:19 PM »
Those are what I meant, yes. There's also two maneuvers that let you roll Concentration for damage, but I believe those don't benefit quite as much from taking 15.

Greater Insightful Strike, but the real damage comes from being able to pump your Concentration check (but being able to get a flat 15 every time you use the strike is always nice).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Saeomon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • A real rules lawyer
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 04:36:46 PM »

Yes, many martial maneuvers of the Diamond Mind school from the ToB involve a Concentration check. That makes the "Take 15" option great for a multiclass Psionic/Martial Adept character with maneuvers from that school, or a Psionic character that gains a Diamond Mind maneuver through a feat or some other method.

Many people believe that the ToB was supposed to include a PrC that would progress both manifesting and maneuvers, but that it was dropped from the printed book, ostensibly at the last minute, in order to meet printing deadlines. I've never seen anything official on the subject, just a lot of speculation that's been fuel for the WotC-hates-Psionics fire. Given the existence of Psionic feats in that book, the Diamond Mind school's name, and the proven synergy of a Warblade//Psion or Swordsage//Psychic Warrior gestalt, I find the speculation credible despite the lack of verification.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »
I believe there's also a feat from races of stone that turns your armor bonus into a deflection bonus while psionically focused.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »
Weapon Legacy ... has an ability that maintains Psi Focus for one focus related thingy.
Then you can expend focus on something else, while keeping the focus thingy going.
It's on that guide thread (idk).

Dr#349 ... has a Swift action re-focus feat, based on Spell Slots.
I never bothered with it. But it might be useful.

Mantle Granted Abilities ... in CPsi have a few Focus types.
Divine Mind Auras ... also have a few ; but it's completely understandable why anybody would ignore this  :D

iirc - Lurk has a few, but they might be at the Mind's Eye upgrade.

Custom Item of Hustle Linked Hustle Twinned + ?? like Metapower = moar goodies.

Take 15 on Concentration checks should be useful to Casters taking Damage.
Constitution of 10 + 1 rank in Concentration + anything at all psi (just about) = convenient.

PhaedrusXY

• Organ Grinder
  • Advanced Spambot
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 11:34:27 PM »
I like being able to take 15 on my saving throws, and use my Concentration modifier. :D I've made a few characters that got a lot out of psionic focus, but I'm too sick right now to go dig them up...
[spoiler]
A couple of water benders, a dike, a flaming arrow, and a few barrels of blasting jelly?

Sounds like the makings of a gay porn film.
...thanks
[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 05:51:20 PM »

... but I'm too sick right now to go dig them up ...

:( ... get well soon.
 :(

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 06:24:11 PM »
There are a number of mantra feats in Untapped Potential that work off of expending and regaining psionic focus.

Also, find ways to use your focus multiple times on the same power. Take Energy Conversion, for instance. It's got a duration, which means you can Extend it, and since it fires rays you can Split it as well, and every shot you fire will benefit from the metapsionics you toss on. And since you can regain your focus after you manifest the power and fire off rays, it's a perfect candidate for (Greater) Psionic Shot and Aligned Attack.

Share buffs with your psicrystal for double the usage on those metapsionic feats.

And to get the most out of Aligned Attack, ensure that your character is Chaotic or Evil (or has the appropriate subtype), then buy a (greater) chasuble of fell power.

Also note that there's no restriction on how many times you can apply a metapsionic feat to a given power, which means Enlarge, Widen, Extend, and Empower are all pretty awesome if you can nab more than one focus to apply them.

Oh, and if you use Linked Power to manifest two powers together, apply a second metapsionic feat to affect both of them for extra mileage out of your foci.

And don't forget how Hustle grants you a move action, which does well with Psionic Meditation to grab another focus you can use during your round.

... but I'm too sick right now to go dig them up ...

:( ... get well soon.
 :(
Ditto. Drink lots of fluids and eat lots of fruits and veggies for their combined vitamin goodness. You're too well-loved around here to succumb to whatever bug has got you down.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

PhaedrusXY

• Organ Grinder
  • Advanced Spambot
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 02:18:43 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm feeling a bit better, but still having trouble getting to sleep with this cough...

Don't forget how well Linked Power + Hustle works for managing your psionic focus while buffing. You can basically throw out one buff per round as a swift action using this combo, and it only costs you 3 extra power points per buff.

And as I mentioned before: a swordsage or warblade dip can get you the ability to basically make saving throws trivial via taking 15 with Mind Over Body, Action Before Thought, and Moment of Perfect Mind. It is so much cheaper to boost concentration checks than saving throws that it is laughable. You also only need to boost one skill and corresponding ability score (which is arguably the most important stat for everyone already...), instead of three saves + three ability scores.
[spoiler]
A couple of water benders, a dike, a flaming arrow, and a few barrels of blasting jelly?

Sounds like the makings of a gay porn film.
...thanks
[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »
Here's the Weapon Of Legacy thingy:

Psionic Focus: Treat as always focused for one psionic feat. Stable Focus , page 115.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 07:40:47 PM »
Elans have a racial feat, Psychic Retainment (iirc, that's the name), that allows them to spend 3 pp instead of expending your psionic focus.

A single level dip in Psychic Weapons Master and a manifesting of Metaphysical Weapon can get you Psicrystal Containment in your weapon.

Shapers get an ACF that allows them to manifest a preset Astral Construct by using their psionic focus. They get to update their Construct every level.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

lianightdemon

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
as a swift action like quicken power to the shaper example.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 11:33:10 AM »
Keep looking at Psionic Weapon/G.Psionic Weapon and the more I read it the more I'm conviced that you can use it more than once per round if you have multiple psionic focus to expend. So I got something out of this handbook pretty useful, srly.
You can:
Expend your focus for G.psionic weapon. +4d6
Hustle. (bunus points if you link power this to hustle the next round or synchronicity)
Psionic meditation. Regaining you're focus.
Expend your focus for G.Pisonic weapon. +4d6
Expend your psicrystals focus (via psycrystal containment) +4d6
move up and strike your opponent for a bonus 12d6.

Which may seem unimpressive perhaps but as a psywar you compete for your spot on the team with the tob guys and you can get this rolling early enough for greatures to care. Further, this is a great way to Save pp's for useful things like Detect Hostile intent and anticipatory strike.
(yeah I know, this is my week to deal with my other love, the psywar.)
You can theoretically... at later levels get another hustle linked by using dimension hop as a move action.
Total cost for that is between 9 and 16 depending on your build and if you're using synchronicity actions to refocus or hustle actions to refocus.

Elans have a racial feat, Psychic Retainment (iirc, that's the name), that allows them to spend 3 pp instead of expending your psionic focus.
Nice. Isn't that only 1/day though? If so I'm not please with it.
Is there away to get 2 psicrystals?
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
1 guy having 2 psicrystals = no

1 guy has 1 psicrystal, which has 1 psicrystal, which has 1 psicrystal, etc ... = yes
but the 1 guy wouldn't command the psicrystals up the chain, just the immediate one.

Huh right ... retaining Focus for free, while Expending Focus,
requires some Expend CO-ing too. Duh me.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 06:51:38 PM »
Last time I checked, the Elan racial feat was at will, not 1/day.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »
^(from Complete Psionic p.52)
ELAN RETAINMENT [PSIONIC, RACIAL]
[spoiler]
You can use your psionic metabolism to aid your ability to retain your psionic focus when you would otherwise expend it.
Prerequisites: Elan, 3 HD.
Benefit:here. Do note that the other feats on the same page only improve the already-existing abilities, which are at-will.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:11:50 PM by Shiki »
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)