Author Topic: The Dark Knight: Reviews/ Critiques/ Gushing. May Contain Spoilers!  (Read 16105 times)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: The Dark Knight: Reviews/ Critiques/ Gushing. May Contain Spoilers!
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2008, 06:56:34 PM »
For the new female role, it could be Cat Woman but it could also be Poison Ivy, but I think they'll go with a main villain that has higher name recognition in the third movie.  Two-Face, Penguin, and Enigma are all possible.  Especially now that the Joker has basically smashed organized crime in Gotham City, the Penguin could hit the stage and make something of a 3-way battle between the lot of them.

Bejik

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • With great power comes responsibility, to abuse it
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008, 12:41:25 PM »
[spoiler]As to Megs comment first, I think he meant from the docks rather than from the boats.

As to potential villains: I don't really thing Two-Face is alive, we did kind of see him die in this movie, I don't really know if the Penguin could be done as a credible villain with it being cheesy and campy, and if by Enigma you mean the Riddler (neither I nor wikipedia has an entry for a Batman related character named Enigma) I really think going from one "funny" villain right to another is probably a bad design choice, though I think that watching the Joker, Riddler, and Batman al fighting against one another, and showing different sides of the crazy "planner" would be a really cool potential fourth movie plot.[/spoiler]
Maybe I'll reconstruct my sig from the WotC boards, maybe not, have to see.

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2008, 03:48:04 PM »
[spoiler]I think that watching the Joker, Riddler, and Batman al fighting against one another, and showing different sides of the crazy "planner" would be a really cool potential fourth movie plot.[/spoiler]

If they're going to make sequels (again, I hope not, lest it ruin the entire series), we should probably be thinking about a third before a fourth.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »
i think they have to go with bane next time..

or the puppet gangster... that could be good..

or clayface... i know they like to use cgi crap...

killer croc could be ok,

none of them are really epic... but i would favor bane or clayface..

and dent has to be alive..
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2008, 08:59:01 PM »
They held a service for Dent... I'm fairly certain they confirmed he was, in fact, dead before that.

If he is alive, they will have lost my interest because that's pretty illogical given that people aren't often declared dead (presumably buried), and given memorial services (which usually occur days later) only to return.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2008, 10:35:43 PM »
Why not?  They lied about so many other things in this case.  They could have locked up Two Face in Arkham and just pretended that Dent died in order to keep his reputation in-tact.  In fact, that's the impression I got.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2008, 02:24:05 PM »
or a rogue mortician could have pulled some shinanagins

or on the slab in the morgue dent gets up and pulls the shinanagins himself. well, two face does..

Anim-manga sux.

lotofsnow

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2008, 03:06:42 PM »
They held a service for Dent... I'm fairly certain they confirmed he was, in fact, dead before that.

If he is alive, they will have lost my interest because that's pretty illogical given that people aren't often declared dead (presumably buried), and given memorial services (which usually occur days later) only to return.

Hm... so Batman killed Two-Face. Wonder how they'll rope Joker's triumphant victory into the next film. Strange that they didn't address it in this one. Especially since it was brought up every time the Joker and Batman faced off against each other (well, not at Dent's fund raiser, but every other time).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:08:45 PM by lotofsnow »

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2008, 09:43:01 PM »
ok, iv seen it now..

i did not have a sexual experience. neither did my kid.. i dont think... lots of it was over his head..

i guess its true that 'it will never be the same as it was' or what ever the line is..

we both did notice that it was running long... he waited till after to go the bathroom..

joker was good... i guess the acting i like the least was bale's.. and i didnt like the voice changer..

the little boy threw me.. i didnt know he existed..

during jokers speeches i found my self thinking what would jack sound like... and i think it is the dialog its self that was good, more than the delivery. it would have been great if jack did the speeches.. he would not have done as well with the physical aspects of it.. that needed a younger person.

i doubt 'she' is the way they said...

i would still be surprised if harvey is gone..

otherwise my previous post's thoughts stand.

except for being drastically over hyped and disappointed..

id say 10% over hyped.. and not at all disappointed.. i doubt they could have effectively made it shorter..

Anim-manga sux.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2008, 09:46:11 PM »
i forgot...

the joker reminded me of a movie character..

some movie who's title escapes me..

its something where a supporting character is just walking around with stuff happening around them.. not doing any of him self.. just enjoying the show... sorta.. but i cant for the life of me think of the movie..

so, er help a brother out and list off every movie i have ever seen... to help me sort it out.. :)

Anim-manga sux.

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2008, 09:59:32 PM »
Something tells me Harvey is still around as well.  While he wasn't moving, I don't remember much blood (or am I fogetting that?)...

[spoiler]As to Megs comment first, I think he meant from the docks rather than from the boats.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Mostly the docks (if they can't get on the boat, people would take any available option) and the very thin 'river'...

But the ferrys too.  They were annoying in and of themselves, mostly because somebody would have done something impulsive and stupid (be it jumping off to save themselves or grabbing the detonator and pressing the button), not to mention they would have searched them before letting people on them (they searched the bridges after all).

But then they "needed" to be that way to prove that people were "better" than the Joker thought they were...[/spoiler]
Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2008, 11:10:34 PM »
Addressing the fact that Batman survived the fall as evidence that Dent would have survived: the Batman wears armor that stops bullets, not a suit made for appearance. I realize this isn't hard proof, but it's pretty logical considering even the Batman was groaning as he got up after the fall (in his armor).

Also, it would be hard to tell if there was much blood. We only saw his back (since he fell on his front). At least, that's what I remember (since I can't find it on youtube to verify).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:12:41 PM by Nox_Noctis »
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2008, 11:11:17 PM »
might be tiny listers best performance to date.

Anim-manga sux.

lotofsnow

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2008, 11:14:20 PM »
Addressing the fact that Batman survived the fall as evidence that Dent would have survived: the Batman wears armor that stops bullets, not a suit made for appearance.

Also, it would be hard to tell if there was much blood. We only saw his back (since he fell on his front). At least, that's what I remember (since I can't find it on youtube to verify).

The fall seemed similar to the drop Maroni took that merely messed up his legs. I would posit that Nolan decided to have Batman drop Maroni earlier in the film to establish that a fall from such a height is survivable.

Also, Fox told Batman that his new armor wouldn't be much use against bullets. Batman may have been groaning because he'd not only fallen, but he'd also just been shot in the belly. A guy who leaps from rooftop to rooftop on a nightly basis, probably knows how to fall, which explains why he wasn't unconscious like Harvey.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:16:59 PM by lotofsnow »

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:28:48 PM by altpersona »

Anim-manga sux.

lotofsnow

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2008, 11:51:49 PM »
yip

Anim-manga sux.

Smiles55

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2008, 12:10:48 AM »
Harley Quinn might be a good female villain, especially due to Heath's demise,

They gave Batman a good base, in #1, a great look into his morality with the joker (my heart broke when joker was hanging upside down, saying the haunting line that they complete each other.) for #2.

Now its time to play the tragic hero with Harley or Cat Woman, so he will have a love interest, and nemesis all in one, with them killing the  asst DA,,,shame she was so much better that whats her name

lotofsnow

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2008, 12:21:00 AM »
The problem with Quinn is that she's nothing without the Joker. Also, she was a creation of the Animated Series, so, depending on where Nolan wants to grab his stories, might not even be on his radar.

Now, if Nolan is willing to access the brilliant storytelling of the Animated Series, Mr. Freeze (NOT played by Ah-nold) could be just the tragic villain Nolan is looking for. Are audiences up to being challenged by a sympathetic villain?

Or maybe the citizens of Gotham (who now think the Caped Crusader is a cop killer) hire someone to bring in Batman. But who? Knightfall could be an interesting tale, if they wanted to bring in Bane. I hope they don't make the mistake of Spiderman 3 and bring in too many villains.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2008, 01:14:32 AM »
i think batman and robin and batman forever made that mistake before spiderman 3 did

hq would be a nice cameo. i would not put her in costume... just drop the name on a pretty face. i believe she is supposed to be a psychiatrist... and how she hooked up w/ joker..

Anim-manga sux.