Author Topic: The Dark Knight: Reviews/ Critiques/ Gushing. May Contain Spoilers!  (Read 16128 times)

Blade2718

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Un4given Ghosts Scenario Paintball
    • Email
Re: The Dark Knight: Reviews/ Critiques/ Gushing. May Contain Spoilers!
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2008, 12:49:20 AM »
Here's an idea from another forum: Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman.

I approve.  What about the rest of you?
If we can put her in the Batman Returns costume, I heartily approve.

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2008, 01:12:51 AM »
And, if we can take her out of the costume, even better.  :smirk
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2008, 01:33:29 AM »
corn starch so the vinyl is easy to remove..
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2008, 01:53:43 AM »
She hasn't really wowed me with anything, but she is pretty good.
I watched Serendipity once with some friends and she was pretty good in that.  I'm not familiar with her other work (Underworld series, Pearl Harbor, etc), but whatever.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2008, 07:54:09 AM »
Underworld is a passable action series for vampire-o-philes, so it's not really a good way to measure acting skill.

Oh, and Cher is 62 and while she's always been fit, I've never seen her do anything really athletic at all.  She's just plain wrong for the role.

Oh, and PI... consider the source.  Where most publications might have a weekly retractions section, Fox needs a daily one, and most of the time that's just because they're too arrogant to make an hourly one.  Seriously, they have the investigative reporting skills of a high-school newsletter combined with the lax fact-checking (assuming it actually exists) of tabloids.  The only reason it's a major news outlet is because they have so damn much money to be louder than anyone else.

Blade2718

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Un4given Ghosts Scenario Paintball
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »
...with the lax fact-checking (assuming it actually exists) of tabloids.  The only reason it's a major news outlet is because they have so damn much money to be louder than anyone else.
Of course, the tabloids were the first ones to report that former senator John Edwards had an extra-marital affair...

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »
Oh, and PI... consider the source.  Where most publications might have a weekly retractions section, Fox needs a daily one, and most of the time that's just because they're too arrogant to make an hourly one.  Seriously, they have the investigative reporting skills of a high-school newsletter combined with the lax fact-checking (assuming it actually exists) of tabloids.  The only reason it's a major news outlet is because they have so damn much money to be louder than anyone else.
Who cares?  Its fucking funny!

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2008, 04:55:29 PM »
for fun, im gonna go devils advocate here..

we are used to the idea that cat woman is a contemporary of bruces, a peer.. young... social.. hot.. the one girl that bruce is repeatedly intrigued by..

so to bring that something new to the roll, make her more developed.. er ahem , older..

still social, but now not just a pretty face in the room, but an icon of high society.. someone who would have a developed taste for toys, not just someone who see the dollar signs but more of a collector than a pawn shop customer..

cher could fit that model... he is old, but for being old she still looks decent, and they do have movie makeup to work with.. not that i prefer her to pfeiffer but it could work.. they will have to do something about the acrobatic nature we are used to... but thats not a huge problem...

also, it occurs to me, (this goes against the 'realistic' nature of the current series) that she could be an introductory form.. nearly a cameo.. if cats have 9 lives, maybe she hands off the mantle of the cat woman to the next one... or, if you go by the Madam storyline cher could fit in nicely..

not that im in favor of any of that ... its just some ways that could be made to work..
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.