Author Topic: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)  (Read 43567 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2011, 12:58:32 AM »
Amon will attempt to hurl Trooper #1 back out in to the open, and hopefully damage him as well. UTF: (1d20+5=10)
Since I fail to activate the power Amon thinks quickly and decides on a little trickery. He will attempt to a)pull the pin or otherwise activate the troopers grenade if he has any I can see b) if no grenades move his blaster to safety; using move light object application of use the force (listed as a move action). UTF: (1d20+5=17)

Hearing the Stormtrooper repeat what the other man had just said Amon is pretty sure he knows what is going on and begins moving back the way he came. Double move to get  as close as possible to the next closest Stormtrooper.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:40:54 AM by archangel.arcanis »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2011, 01:08:34 AM »
[spoiler]Arch are you sure you want to do that after Venn had Jerran mind trick him?[/spoiler]
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2011, 09:59:46 AM »
[spoiler]Move the woman to X23, I'll go to Y23, and sling my medkit from my back so next round I can treat her[/spoiler]

"Come on, let's get behind that pillar, and I'll see if I can't patch up some of these wounds to get you going better before this fight gets entirely too out of hand. Do you know these gentlemen fighting against the empire?" Rald asks as he helps the injured human woman to cover.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »
[spoiler]I thought he had done that to one of the 2 after the injured woman. I'll revise my actions.[/spoiler]
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2011, 12:50:40 AM »
Round 2 Results!

Kel cringes in pain as the blaster bolt leaves a scorch mark on his leg. Damn bastards seem to have learned how to shoot since the war! he curses his negligence of staying in the open for too long. He dives for cover behind the computer console and fires at Informer 1.
Kel unleashes a a long burst from his light repeating blaster
Brrrrrrraaap
The Imperial stooge doesn't even see it coming as several bolts of the barrage level him into the wall and he slumps, smoke issuing from the cauterized wound.

"I don't care who ends up flying, we have to get out of here first." says the twi'lek, binder cuffs now off. She pulls off the trooper's utility belt and grabs his carbine. she then crawls for cover among the nearby storage crates.

Stormtrooper 1 is momentarily shocked when Amon steps from the stall in front of him. In the midst of a combat high he mashes the select fire, pulls the trigger, and unloads a full auto barrage point blank.
Brrrrrrraaap.
The long burst goes horribly off the mark and the full barrage hits the window behind Amon. The inner transparisteel window is perforated by several holes with with cracks spreading across it's surface. The outer window stays strong against the vacuum of space it guards against.

Silten hunches over and hurries to the turbo-lift, hugging his pistol to his chest and hoping that he doesn't have to use it.  He hopes even more that he doesn't get shot by these crazy people that attacked stormtroopers for no reason.  What is this galaxy coming to?

What the? Oh no you don't, I don't need even more people shooting at us.
Corran dash towards the turbolift, clipping the corner, the wall stopping his momentum, and brings his blaster pistol up to fire at the male shooting towards Kel, hitting him in squarely in the shoulder with the numbing blast.

Woopwoop!
The stunning energy hits the human like a powerhammer to his shoulder that spins him to face you dumbfounded.

Stormtrooper 3 takes careful aim and lets a single shot fly at Kel
Bathew!
searing a hole in Kel's jumpsuit but harming nothing else.

Stormtrooper 4 takes careful aim and lets a single shot fly at Kel,
Bathew!
the bolt going harmlessly wide.

Informer 2 still a little shaken by the hit he took from Corran's shot lifts his blaster awkwardly in his recent attackers direction and pulls the trigger,
Pwah!
his haphazard shot burning a hole in Corran's duster.

Running up from farther down the Promenade, more of the squad usually assigned to this patrol route rush to the scene.

Jerran moves about 10 feet away from the nearby Stormtrooper and says, "You might get fatally shot in this needless conflict, you should go back to your barracks and think of a peaceful resolution." Keeping the wave of his hand unnoticeable.
"I could get fatally shot, I should go back to my barracks and think of a peaceful resolution." the Stormtrooper shakes his head a bit and turns to trot off.

"Come on, let's get behind that pillar, and I'll see if I can't patch up some of these wounds to get you going better before this fight gets entirely too out of hand. Do you know these gentlemen fighting against the empire?" Rald asks as he helps the injured human woman to cover. The injured woman slumps somewhat in Rald's grasp but is still mostly moving under her own power and will follow him. "No, but I am grateful for any help we can get."

Hearing the Stormtrooper repeat what the other man had just said Amon is pretty sure he knows what is going on and begins moving back the way he came moving toward the next closest stormtrooper.

The remaining bystanders have either found relatively safe cover to cower behind or have fled the area. A sparking protocol droid heads into the Cred Chip after it's fleeing master.

Round 2 ends

Round 3 Begins

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Round 3 Initiative Order
Kel = 22
Twi'lek = 19
Stormtrooper 1= 15
Stormtrooper 2=15
Silten = 14
Corran = 10
Stormtrooper 3= 10
Stormtrooper 4= 10
Rald = 9
Informer 1= 9
Informer 2= 9
Informer 3= 9
Stormtrooper 5= 5
Stormtrooper 6= 5
Jerran = 4
Amon = 3
Promenade NPC's = 0
Injured Human Woman = -6
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:54:23 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

GM for Dawn of Defiance

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2011, 05:28:07 AM »
[spoiler]

The two red dots at D4 and D5 are Stormtroopers 5 and 6 right?

[/spoiler]

Seeing two more stormtroopers in the open heading toward the battle, Kel greets them with a long burst of blaster fire. He then watches in disappointment as the charge indicator on his rifle turns from green to red.

[spoiler]

Autofire with bracing at 5 and 6: 1d20+3=22, 3d8=8

Anyone knows where are the rules regarding what kind of action reloading is?

[/spoiler]

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2011, 10:33:39 AM »
[spoiler]Move I believe but I don't have time to confirm it this morning.

Yeah in my haste last night to get the map out before bed I apparently missed putting two more ST pics on it. They are two new ST's.

Unless you move Kel before he fires they are going to have some pretty heavy cover from you. They are on the second floor and have a clear plasteel railing the runs around it. (since there is no infinite chasm or massive laser firing 10 feet away I felt the railing was appropriate to the setting ;) ) Plus the turbolifts are somewhat between you and them.[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2011, 11:09:38 AM »
[spoiler]

My bad, I understood they were coming in at ground level.
I'll adjust my actions accordingly then

[/spoiler]

Seeing that his enemies have taken cover, Kel puts his repating blaster away, draws his more accurate sidearm and shoots at informer 2.

[spoiler]

Keeping the the light repeating blaster in the other hand, move action to draw blaster pistol, then shoot Informer 2 1d20+5=8, 3d6=8

[/spoiler]

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2011, 12:45:45 AM »
[spoiler]No problem. Here is a rough cutaway of this section of the promenade showing how the second floor looks with the light blue representing the plasteel panel railing that runs all along it. The light blue on the angles are the windows.
[/spoiler]

Pwah! Kel's sidearm sounds off but the bolt hits the underside of the mezzanine just below the railing.

The Stormtrooper affected by Jerran trots off past Jerran and the twi'lek woman repeating. "I don't want to be fatally shot."

The twi'lek peeks over the crates she is shielding herself with and says, "P3-3K please tell me your getting all of this?" to which her remaining cam droid answers with several indignant whirs and beeps.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2011, 01:09:16 AM »
[spoiler]Does Jerran need a Perception check to hear the twi'lek saying that?[/spoiler]

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2011, 01:27:11 AM »
[spoiler]No, no roll is required. Your close enough to have no problems hearing her address the cam droid.
And yes, I named the cam droid "Peek".  :lmao [/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2011, 01:28:23 AM »
Unless somebody does something that affects him, Silten is going to crouch up on the balcony with his gun out.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2011, 01:52:41 AM »
Jerran's face turns white as he hears the Twi'lek mention that her cam droid has been rolling the whole time.

'Just how is this supposed to work out, again? Being exposed to the public, to the Empire even, isn't a good way to stay hidden...' he thinks to himself.

He moves to take cover behind the nearby crates, his mind racing. He attempts to calm down, drawing his stun baton in the process in case anyone finds the need to attack him or the Twi'lek who may just be more dangerous in the long run than the Stormtroopers are in the short run.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2011, 08:44:54 AM »
"I'll need more time than I have right now to fix some more of these debilitating injuries, but let's see what I can address right now," Rald quietly says to the injured woman, keeping his head down to avoid blaster fire. "Take some deep breaths and try to focus passed the pain. Sometimes talking helps, why are they after you, and what did they do to you?" Rald quietly and efficiently picks through his medical kit as he talks.

[Spoiler]Treat Injury to perform First Aid: 1d20+7=20. I forgot the +2 when I rolled for my med kit, so that should be a 22, so she should be able to heal her level+7 hp. I can't treat condition track danage in combat, well, shouldn't attempt to, so I'm hoping it isn't all persistent and now that she has a moment to catch her breath can burn the three swift actions needed to Recover up a step.

Is there a check I can make to determine if they are persistent and their cause? How badly injured (HP-wise) does she still look after my treat injury?[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2011, 01:38:37 AM »
Stormtrooper 3 takes aim and pulls the trigger...10
Bathew!
the bolt flying wide of Kel.

Stormtrooper 4 takes aim and pulls the trigger...7
Bathew!

Informer 2 moves to the open turbo-lift and steps into it after Silten steps out firing a shot at Corran as he does...15
Pwah!
[spoiler]6 damage[/spoiler]
"Thanks." he says to Silten as the doors begin to close.

Stormtrooper 5 opens up with a shot from his carbine as he moves forward....5
Bathew!
but his pace makes his sot soar far over Corran's head.

Stormtrooper 6 opens up with a shot from his carbine as he moves forward....14
Bathew!
searing plasma collides with the plasteel panel nearest Corran melting part and shattering the rest.

The injured woman reply's, "My name is Maya.... thank you.... for your help.... I have....apparently...been labeled a....trouble maker. We must....get out of here. Are they...friends.. of yours?" Indicating the ones fighting against the Imperials.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:43:07 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

GM for Dawn of Defiance

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2011, 08:58:54 AM »
"We'll certainly find out," Rald quietly says as his busy hands do their work.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2011, 12:47:06 PM »
Seeing the informer starting to move away from him, Corran quickly decides that the two stormtroopers advancing on his precarious position is the bigger threat. He switch over to lethal setting and leans out to shoot at them. Just as he is pressing the trigger, the old maxim "don't leave enemies alive behind you" comes into effect as a burning bolt of energy hits him in the leg. His own shot flies wide and he curses vehemently. He have just enough time to look back and see the informer stepping into the turbolift as Silten exits.

[spoiler]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3086040/
I really wish I could roll a tad better than a 5 on the die.
*le sigh*
Current HP:26

Taking a bit of an artistic liberty with the actions and the initiative order, but everything does happen during the same seconds after all.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2011, 10:39:56 AM »
Double move to O21

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2011, 11:30:40 PM »
Round 3 Results

[Kel] Seeing that his enemies have taken cover, Kel puts his repating blaster away, draws his more accurate sidearm and shoots at informer 2.
Pwah!
Kel's sidearm sounds off but the bolt hits the underside of the mezzanine just below the railing.

[ST1] The Stormtrooper affected by Jerran trots off past Jerran and the twi'lek woman repeating. "I don't want to be fatally shot."

[Twi'lek] The twi'lek peeks over the crates she is shielding herself with and says, "P3-3K please tell me your getting all of this?" to which her remaining cam droid answers with several indignant whirs and beeps.

[Silten] Silten is going to crouch up on the balcony with his gun out.

[Corran] Seeing the informer starting to move away from him, Corran quickly decides that the two stormtroopers advancing on his precarious position is the bigger threat. He switch over to lethal setting and leans out to shoot at them. Just as he is pressing the trigger, the old maxim "don't leave enemies alive behind you" comes into effect as a burning bolt of energy hits him in the leg. His own shot flies wide and he curses vehemently. He have just enough time to look back and see the informer stepping into the turbolift as Silten exits.

[ST3] The Stormtrooper takes aim and pulls the trigger...10
Bathew!

[ST4] The Stormtrooper takes aim and pulls the trigger...7
Bathew!

[Rald] "I'll need more time than I have right now to fix some more of these debilitating injuries, but let's see what I can address right now," Rald quietly says to the injured woman, keeping his head down to avoid blaster fire. "Take some deep breaths and try to focus passed the pain. Sometimes talking helps, why are they after you, and what did they do to you?" Rald quietly and efficiently picks through his medical kit as he talks.

The injured woman reply's, "My name is Maya.... thank you.... for your help.... I have....apparently...been labeled a....trouble maker. We must....get out of here. Are they...friends.. of yours?" Indicating the ones fighting against the Imperials.

"We'll certainly find out,"
Rald quietly says as his busy hands do their work.

[Informer 2] The Informant moves to the open turbo-lift and steps into it after Silten steps out firing a shot at Corran as he does...15
Pwah!
"Thanks." he says to Silten as the doors begin to close.

[ST5] The Stormtrooper opens up with a shot from his carbine as he moves forward....5
Bathew!
but his pace makes his sot soar far over Corran's head.

[ST6] The Stormtrooper opens up with a shot from his carbine as he moves forward....14
Bathew!
searing plasma collides with the plasteel panel nearest Corran melting part and shattering the rest.

[Jerran]  Jerran's face turns white as he hears the Twi'lek mention that her cam droid has been rolling the whole time.

'Just how is this supposed to work out, again? Being exposed to the public, to the Empire even, isn't a good way to stay hidden...' he thinks to himself.

He moves to take cover behind the nearby crates, his mind racing. He attempts to calm down, drawing his stun baton in the process in case anyone finds the need to attack him or the Twi'lek who may just be more dangerous in the long run than the Stormtroopers are in the short run.

[Amon] Amon rushes across the main floor od the promenade, looking to introduce the nearest stormtroopers to his bucket.

The rest of the Promenade cowers in their hiding spots.

Round 3 ends

Round 4 Begins

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Round 4 Initiative Order
Kel = 22
Twi'lek = 19
Stormtrooper 1= 15
Stormtrooper 2=15
Silten = 14
Corran = 10
Stormtrooper 3= 10
Stormtrooper 4= 10
Rald = 9
Informer 1= 9
Informer 2= 9
Informer 3= 9
Stormtrooper 5= 5
Stormtrooper 6= 5
Jerran = 4
Amon = 3
Promenade NPC's = 0
Injured Human Woman = -6

GM for Dawn of Defiance

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2011, 04:18:06 AM »
Seeing his unexpected ally on the mezzanine cornered by 2 stormtroopers, Kel decideds to give him a hand. Or rather some cover fire. He takes careful aim at one of the stormtroopers and shoots.

[spoiler]

Aim (so I ignore cover) and shoot at the stromtrooper at H4.

1d20+5=25, 3d6=11. It's a crit so 22 damage(I assume you just double the initial damage roll because the saga rulebook uses the phrase 'double damage' as opposed to 'roll damage twice' in 3.5).

[/spoiler]