Author Topic: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)  (Read 43571 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2011, 01:01:35 AM »
Jerran takes a moment to collect himself, and searches his feelings to determine whether helping the Twi'lek is the right course of action.
[spoiler]UtF: 1d20(19)+7=26
I'm guessing I made that DC 15 check. :P[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:48:21 AM by VennDygrem »

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2011, 02:19:33 AM »
Upon their respective turns;

Stormtrooper 3 dives to the ground behind some storage crates. While prone he switches to another setting on his blaster carbine.
[spoiler]He moves to K23 and is now prone and behind cover.[/spoiler]

Stormtrooper 4 moves into one of The Credit Chip's open doorways switches the select fire on his carbine.
[spoiler]He double moves to P24 and uses part of the open doorway for cover[/spoiler]

Informer 1 moves along the wall of Gundark's and stands behind  some crates as he pulls a hold out blaster and opens fire.
Pwah
and strikes the floor a meter from the injured human woman.
[spoiler]moves to X23 for cover[/spoiler]

Informer 2 (up on the mezzanine) pulls his small holdout and lets a bolt fly at Kel;
Pwah
for 8 damage.

As soon as the blaster bolts begin to fly Informer 3 turns tail and runs off.
[spoiler]All out run away, off the map but put him off tot he side on the map border.[/spoiler]

The whole Promenade explodes into chaos as more and more bystanders recognize that things have just become deadly, begin to dart this way and that or look for places to find cover.

The injured woman moves as best she can across the promenade to find safety while she attempts to dodge blaster fire that is flying through the air. She accepts Rald's help revealing a bad blaster wound to the midsection. "Thank you."

Jerran
[spoiler]You center yourself and listen to the force. Helping these two women in need would likely be favorable to you.
[spoiler]Can you link that roll please?[/spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:51:38 PM by Melblen_Cairn »
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2011, 02:49:01 AM »
[spoiler]Sorry, dunno why I forgot to link it. done now.[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2011, 04:25:28 AM »
Silten tries to figure out the station's internal defensive capabilities.

[spoiler]
Knowledge: Technology: 17
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2011, 07:51:35 AM »
Kel cringes in pain as the blaster bolt leaves a scorch mark on his leg. Damn bastards seem to have learned how to shoot since the war! he curses his negligence of staying in the open for too long. He dives for cover behind the computer console and fires at Informer 1.

[spoiler]
Move to AC16, drop on one knee behind the computer console for cover and autofire at Informer 1 without bracing(being at X24 gives him no cover from me)

1d20=13, 3d8=18

[/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »
Being a non-human, non-imperial agent, Rald has no intention of approaching an imperial soldier to administer aid for injuries purely because he'd likely be shot. Rald is just a little surprised to find he doesn't particularly feel remorse for that though, apparently his hard feelings for the empire have soured more in the last year than he realized.

Which really leaves only one option left: He scurrries to the injured human woman and attempts to help her to cover to try and treat some of her injuries during the firefight.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2011, 09:09:15 AM »
[spoiler]

Hey, I'm injured too :P You got something against giant lizards? Well that's too bad, 'cause it looks like you'll be stuck with 3 of them for quite a while :lmao

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2011, 12:43:18 PM »
[spoiler]Let me clarify some things please.

LB is that your action for next round?

Nan I believe you still have a Move and a Standard left for actions after I give you the result of your Knowledge check.

McP if you could add a spoiler block after you in character description telling me exactly where your moving to? Otherwise it opens it up to my interpretations and I may not get it exactly how you envisioned. As it looks now you probably double moved to adjacent to the woman because I can not get you there in a single move action. This could put you at either V18, V17, or U17. You would still have a swift

After my post from last night I had still needed McP's and Nan's posts of their actions. My plan for each round is to post a recap of the round, an updated map of everyone's locations, and info on the start of the new round.

Once we get these out of the way. I will post the wrap up of round 1.[/spoiler]

Silten
[spoiler]The XQ2 Space Platform came with a number of after market upgrade packages. An internal defensive system was one of them. It was designed for smaller planetary defensive forces who could not put as much man power on these stations. They were notoriously unreliable and could only be turned on from where the central computer is located. Though you are not sure if this station has it, if it did the power conduit and other mechanicals could be in one of these maintenance hatches.[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2011, 12:59:57 PM »
[spoiler]

Yeah, that's my action for next round, assuming something that Nan does doesn't make it invalid. Sorry about that, I was under the impression everyone did their action for round 1.

[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2011, 03:48:44 PM »
Silten curses softly to himself, why is it that security systems are never in a place that would be useful to him?  He slithers away from the woman, pulling out his pistol as he does so, and gets him equipment ready

[spoiler]
Moves to R17.  Spends my standard action using my Personalized Modifications talent.
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »
[spoiler]

Confirming what I posted above will be my action for this round.

[/spoiler]

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »
Round 1 Results!

The twi'lek delays waiting for someone to attack the Stormtroopers in front of her.

Stormtrooper 1 in front of the twi'lek moves to AA10 and fires his blaster carbine on stun at upper level toward Corran (who has some cover due to the plasteel railing.
Woopwoop!

Stormtrooper 2 also in front of the twi'lek says "They've got blasters!" and fires on stun at Kel.
Woopwoop!

Kel pays little attention at the blaster bolt grazing his left shoulder. Pathetic! You'll have to do a lot better than that. Doubt you'll have the change though, ha ha ha! KEl mocks the stormtroopers as he sends a deadly barrage of blaster fire their way.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrraap!
Stormtrooper 2 is showered in a hail of fire from Kel's light repeating blaster and falls to the floor with several smoking holes in his armor.

The twi'lek immediately drops to a knee and rummages for the code cylinder that will open her binder cuffs. Pulling them from the troopers utility belt she starts to release herself.

One down, three to go! Kel looks at the Twi'lek and his unexpected helper from the balcony (Strakhov since he's the only one that has drawn a weapon or made any obvious gestures so far) with the Dashade equivalent of a smile, which is something that would probably send chills down the spine of most sentient species. The lady already has a pilot, but you're more than welcome to tag along

Silten tries to figure out the station's internal defensive capabilities. Then Silten curses softly to himself, why is it that security systems are never in a place that would be useful to him?  He slithers away from the woman, pulling out his pistol as he does so, and gets him equipment ready.

Shit, he actually killed him. This just keeps getting better and better.
Corran, having to dodge the incoming blast, tries to return fire but his angle is bad and the shot he had hoped would knock his opponent cold harmlessly hits the ground. He shouts a reply to the Dashade as he tries to regain his footing.
"Good to know, it seems as if doing anything else would be suicide."
I had hoped we could have knocked them out cold and escaped, fugitives are less prone to be executed upon eventual capture than murderers...

Stormtrooper 3 dives to the ground behind some storage crates. While prone he switches to another setting on his blaster carbine.

Stormtrooper 4 moves into one of The Credit Chip's open doorways switches the select fire on his carbine.

Being a non-human, non-imperial agent, Rald has no intention of approaching an imperial soldier to administer aid for injuries purely because he'd likely be shot. Rald is just a little surprised to find he doesn't particularly feel remorse for that though, apparently his hard feelings for the empire have soured more in the last year than he realized.
Which really leaves only one option left: He scurrries to the injured human woman and attempts to help her to cover to try and treat some of her injuries during the firefight.

Informer 1 moves along the wall of Gundark's and stands behind  some crates as he pulls a hold out blaster and opens fire.
Pwah
and strikes the floor a meter from the injured human woman.

Informer 2 (up on the mezzanine) pulls his small holdout and lets a bolt fly at Kel;
Pwah

As soon as the blaster bolts begin to fly Informer 3 turns tail and runs off.

Jerran takes a moment to collect himself, and searches his feelings to determine whether helping the Twi'lek is the right course of action.

Amon Move through the empty  merchant stall and around some of the crates to confront one of the stormtroopers.

The whole Promenade explodes into chaos as more and more bystanders recognize that things have just become deadly, begin to dart this way and that or look for places to find cover.

The injured woman moves as best she can across the promenade to find safety while she attempts to dodge blaster fire that is flying through the air. She accepts Rald's help revealing a bad blaster wound to the midsection. "Thank you."

Round 1 Ends

Round 2 Begins

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Round 2 Initiative Order
Initiative Order
Kel = 22 *sorry missed the fact he hadn't rolled yet*
Twi'lek = 19
Stormtrooper 1= 15
Stormtrooper 2=15
Silten = 14
Corran = 10
Stormtrooper 3= 10
Stormtrooper 4= 10
Rald = 9
Informer 1= 9
Informer 2= 9
Informer 3= 9
Jerran = 4
Amon = 3
Promenade NPC's = 0
Injured Human Woman = -6

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2011, 02:12:45 AM »
Kel unleashes a a long burst from his light repeating blaster
Brrrrrrraaap
The imperial stooge doesn't even see it coming as several bolts of the barrage level him into the wall and he slumps, smoke issuing from the cauterized wound.

"I don't care who ends up flying, we have to get out of here first." says the twi'lek, binder cuffs now off. She pulls off the trooper's utility belt and grabs his carbine. she then crawls for cover among the nearby storage crates.
[spoiler]moves to AC11 and is still prone among the crates.[/spoiler]

Stormtrooper 1 is momentarily shocked when Amon steps from the stall in front of him. In the midst of a combat high he mashes the select fire, pulls the trigger, and unloads a full auto barrage point blank.2
Brrrrrrraaap.
The long burst goes horribly off the mark and the full barrage hits the window behind Amon. The inner transparisteel window is perforated by several holes with with cracks spreading across it's surface. The outer window stays strong against the vacuum of space it guards against.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:06:19 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

GM for Dawn of Defiance

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2011, 04:44:20 AM »
[spoiler]

Stormtrooper 1 shoots at Amon right?

PS: Are we using autofire rule clarifications from Jedi Counseling(the Saga FAQ)? (namely that a total roll below 10 is a complete miss (no damage for anyone) and that cover vs autofire means that you take no damage if the attack misses)?

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2011, 11:02:54 AM »
[spoiler]You are correct. I had thought there was a minimum, but I could not find the rule showing it. I figured if there was one someone would call it out. Thank you. I will mod the post....:plotting[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2011, 11:07:31 AM »
[spoiler]Post modified. Amon takes no damage.[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2011, 06:18:52 PM »
Jerran moves about 10 feet away from the nearby Stormtrooper and says, "You might get fatally shot in this needless conflict, you should go back to your barracks and think of a peaceful resolution."

[spoiler]
Move: AA12
Standard: (Mind Trick->Suggestion) Use the Force: 1d20(15)+7=22

Deception to hide any hint of force-use: 1d20(17)+2=19[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2011, 02:29:58 AM »
Silten hunches over and hurries to the turbo-lift, hugging his pistol to his chest and hoping that he doesn't have to use it.  He hopes even more that he doesn't get shot by these crazy people that attacked stormtroopers for no reason.  What is this galaxy coming to?

[spoiler]
I honestly can't come up with a reason why Silten would get involved, so he's running away without actually leaving the area so he'll still be near the other PCs.
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2011, 06:57:21 PM »
What the? Oh no you don't, I don't need even more people shooting at us.

Corran dash towards the turbolift, clipping the corner, the wall stopping his momentum, and brings his blaster pistol up to fire at the male shooting towards Kel, hitting him in squarely in the shoulder with the numbing blast.

[spoiler]Move action to R8, standard to shoot at Informer 2.
I assume a roll of 18 hits.
8 Stun Damage. Impressively average damage there.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3079184/[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2011, 12:14:06 AM »
Woopwoop!. The stunning energy hits the human like a powerhammer to his shoulder that spins him to face you dumbfounded.

Stormtrooper 3 takes careful aim and lets a single shot fly at Kel; 15
Bathew!
searing a hole in Kel's jumpsuit but harming nothing else.

Stormtrooper 4 takes careful aim and lets a single shot fly at Kel;  4
Bathew!
the bolt going harmlessly wide.

Informer 2 still a little shaken by the hit he took from Corran's shot lifts his blaster awkwardly in his recent attackers direction and pulls the trigger; 14
Pwah!
his haphazard shot burning a hole in Corran's duster.

Init 5
Running up from farther down the Promenade, more of the squad usually assigned to this patrol route rush to the scene.

"I could get fatally shot, I should go back to my barracks and think of a peaceful resolution." the Stormtrooper shakes his head a bit and turns to trot off.
[spoiler]Stormtrooper 1 is affected, next round he will move away.[/spoiler]

The remaining bystanders have either found relatively safe cover to cower behind or have fled the area. A sparking protocol droid heads into the cred chip after it's fleeing master.

The injured woman slumps somewhat in Rald's grasp but is still mostly moving under her own power and will follow him, "No, but I am grateful for any help we can get."
[spoiler]I am assuming Rald is going to direct her to cover or something. If it is different then I can alter.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:55:00 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

GM for Dawn of Defiance