Author Topic: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)  (Read 43572 times)

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)
« Reply #240 on: September 28, 2011, 08:43:45 PM »
"While I'm all for reunions, I need to put this one under the knife," Rald says, motioning down at Maya with his hullepi. "Preferably, somewhere quiet where I can work in peace for several hours."
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: September 29, 2011, 11:43:43 AM »
Use my room, it is that one over there. Amon points out which one.

Roah, I was picking up something for Jac when the fight broke out on the promenade. I decided to help these people out. It is only a matter of time until the bucket heads figure out who I am and come looking. I killed one and wounded another. I doubt they will let that slide.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: September 29, 2011, 11:50:47 AM »
Several hours? Kel shakes his head in dismay The'll be able to turn this station upside down several times in several hours! Can't you just patch her up quickly so we can get off this station?

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #243 on: September 29, 2011, 12:21:39 PM »
Corran turns his head towards Rald and asks:
"If it's not to much to ask, would you mind fixing up my leg first? It's not going to take you long. I'll do it myself if I have to, but I think you'll be better at it. I have a medical kit you can use, so you won't have to worry about me wasting your resources.

[spoiler]Was going to do a First Aid up until the point I spotted the -5 Penalty to do so on yourself. Considering how I've rolled so far, I doubt that a d20+2 will net me 18 or higher...[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: September 29, 2011, 05:27:20 PM »
"Sure, just a second to put her down." Rald unslings his medical duffel from his back after laying down Maya, and starts bandaging Corran's blaster-shot leg. Unfortunately, this isn't some easy thing to do," Rald replies over his shoulder to the dashade. "She's pretty badly hurt, and I need time to stop her bleeding and set her injuries straight. I'll need at least an hour, but I'll try to keep it as short as possible. There's really no other choice unless you want her to die."

[spoiler]Treat Injury on Corran: 1d20+9=28. Hell yeah! 15 points of healing!

Surgery on Maya: 1d20+9=25. That's enough to heal her con mod*her level in HP, and removes any persistent conditions. I'll perform first aid after for additional healing if I can after the surgery: 1d20+9=24 for 9+her hit die hp healed.
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: September 29, 2011, 11:37:30 PM »
"We sshould have sssome time. Thisss Sstation iss about 800 meterss by 800 meterss by 800 meterss if memory sservess. While there isss no doubt they will turn thiss station upsside down ssearching for uss. We sshould have time for the Khil to do hiss work on her." Silten says after considering the size of the station. "But he iss alsso correct in that they will find uss eventually."

[spoiler]Takes 10 on Knowledge Technology for knowledge on the stations size and design.[/spoiler]
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2011, 04:02:35 AM »
Very well then. I shall keep monitoring their position over the computer, and if they get too close, me and the Jedi will go out and start making some noise in a different dirrection. How's that for everybody?

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: October 01, 2011, 05:37:36 PM »
Silten stays busy while Rald works, by trying to refurbish the malfunctioning air recycler. Soon after the air feels a bit cleaner in your lungs and most of the bad smells are gone.
[spoiler]17[/spoiler]

"Thank you, you have no idea how long that thing has been needing an overhaul." Roah thanks Silten appreciatively. "I have a few more things in need of repair if you have the time to take a look at them. Getting any type of maintenance down here is next to impossible these days."

Silten continues to work on various tasks Roah sets him to. When he returns to Amons room he takes the datapad that was slipped to him prior to the fight and begins to toy with it. "Now, letss see if we can ssort you out." he says to himself slicing into the datapad.

[spoiler]Taking a 10 gives him a 19 and he is able to access it.[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: October 01, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »
"Roah is it? Would you have a vacant room available, and does your refresher have a bath?" Seela askes handing a number of credits her way.

"Yes I do, and I will see about making sure the refresher has been cleaned before your ready. Some of the other sentient guests can be rather messy."

Seela heads off to her room for a bit and then off to the refresher for a relaxing bath, thinking better of it after entering the "clean" bathroom. *sigh* "Guess it's going to wait.".

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: October 01, 2011, 05:53:12 PM »
Maya is resting comfortably after the procedure and her color looks better than when you first saw her. A dip in a Bacta tank would have done her alot of good but the surgery you performed appears to have done the job.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #250 on: October 01, 2011, 05:58:01 PM »
Kel
[spoiler]There is a computer terminal in Amon's room. BSF must have gotten their own slicer to repair your work as the central computer is locked back down.[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: October 01, 2011, 07:49:47 PM »
Jerran had been sitting while the surgeon went to work. When the slicer mentions the word 'jedi,' his blood momentarily runs cold before he remembers the display at the promenade. He looks over at the Trandoshan, then gets up. Maintaining a calm demeanor, he says to Amon, "If you don't mind, I would like to have a word with you. In private, if possible."

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2011, 11:54:04 AM »
Sure. There should be a quite place over here. Amon leads Jerran to a corner away from all the noise.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #253 on: October 03, 2011, 03:33:18 PM »
"Thanks."

Strakhov seizes up the area and places himself with clear line of fire to the opening he deems most probable that any stormtroopers would come out from. He keeps his blaster pistol within reach.

"I'd like to think that we've escaped for now, but I have a rule against relying upon things that I would like to happen." he says to nobody in particular.

[spoiler]Where did the damsel in distress that we assisted go? I mean the reporter, not Maya.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2011, 03:58:35 PM »
[spoiler]See about 5 posts up from yours.[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2011, 06:29:30 PM »
[spoiler]... :blush I _really_ need to double-read the posts apparently. This is becoming awkward :rollseyes[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Cagemarrow is a Genius

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: October 04, 2011, 11:57:34 AM »
Retreating to a remote corner, Jerran follows the Trandoshan away from the business of the others.

"I'm sure you could sense that you weren't alone here," he says, and pulls his cloak slightly away to show his concealed lightsaber.

"I didn't know that anyone else had escaped the... the purge, or whatever they're calling it. It's just good to know that they didn't get all of us."

Glancing back over at the others briefly, he continues, though in a more sullen tone, "But there is another. During the fight, I sensed another force-sensitive, maybe a jedi, maybe not, heading for this station from the planet below. I don't know who it is and I don't know their intentions, but they've been on their way at least since Seela was doing her report."

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: October 04, 2011, 12:05:02 PM »
I was not purged, because I wasn't trained by a Jedi. I was taught by monks. So I was never around when the Empire started cleaning out the Jedi. I am no fan of the Empire and their bully tactics, so you can expect my help for as long as we are together.

As to this mystery adept headed this way, I have no idea who they may be. It certainly isn't one of the monks and I have not run into anyone else, beside you at least, that could use the force. We should be ready to fight them if needed.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: October 06, 2011, 11:02:44 AM »
Having finished cleaning up from his medical foray, Rald rejoins the group.

"She'll need some rest, but she'll live. The longer we can keep from moving her, the better. We need to get off this station, though, and the longer we take the harder that will get." With a shrug, the Khil looks over to the Dashade and the Sluissi before continuing "I'm not a bad hand with computers, would either of you like some assistance getting back into the system? It stands as our best chance to learn about what's going on around us."
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2011, 02:49:17 AM »
Considering what the Trandoshan has said, Jerran responds, "I believe I do not need to tell you that the Empire will not hesitate to wipe you out as readily as they would me. It's just good knowing that the Force remains strong in allies of the Light."

Furrowing his brow, he continues, "As to this mysterious adept, I am hoping that it will not come to a fight. I've remained hidden so far, until I can find enough others sharing the cause. I will be ready, however."