Author Topic: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)  (Read 43448 times)

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »
Kel
[spoiler]You manage to locate a news feed currently broadcasting but not over the Holonet rather a signal much more local. It's a female twi'lek with blue skin standing in front of what looks like an empty merchant stall like the stalls on this very promenade giving a news broadcast. The signal is apparently being sliced into the regular news feeds.

"....onn Station. Imperial law is once again being felt. This stall once belonged to a merchant name Jac Zeb Bell. Forced from this stall just a week ago has now been arrested on 3 counts of possession of controlled substances and smuggling."

This twi'lek seems familiar to you, like you have seen her before.

[spoiler]Go ahead and also give me a Knowledge (Galactic Lore) please.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 08:28:28 PM »
Silten browses through the droids, doubting he'll find anything worthwhile that he can afford but hoping anyway.  A good helper droid can definitely be an asset when it comes to making repairs.  He's also keeping an eye on the human, hoping he won't cause any trouble.  The Twi'lek is the closest thing to a potential employer Silten has right now.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 08:52:11 PM »
Sliding into an unoccupied seat at the bar, Rald orders a Correllian Ale and decides to sit back and wait a bit. The rodian is probably just late, after all.

[Spoiler] Gal Lore: 1d20+3=8
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 11:46:33 PM »
[spoiler]Galactic Lore: 1d20(11)+6=17[/spoiler]

Jerran, notices the Stormtroopers and attempts to become extra inconspicuous, if at all possible, moving over near a group of others in order to blend in rather than standing all by himself.

[spoiler]**edit** Deception: 1d20(16)+2=18[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 07:41:48 PM by VennDygrem »

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 05:50:25 AM »
[spoiler]

Knowledge (galactic lore) untrained: 1d20+1=10

Do I realize that what's on the news feed is actually happening here ?

[/spoiler]

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 06:05:35 PM »
[spoiler]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3067815/

Galactic Lore 9[/spoiler]

Seeing the stormtroopers advancing towards the Twi'lek, Strakhov focuses his attention on her and her droids.
Trouble?
Can't say I know her, probably best to stay clear until I know what's going on.

[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 03:37:33 AM »
Silten
[spoiler]There are a number of droid that would be good mechanic's assistants or could be re-programmed to perform this function well enough. Alas even the marked down ones appear to be beyond your price range at the moment.

Eventually the wealthy human storms off with a sparking protocol droid ambling after. He mumbles something about having this dump shut down as he passes you.

The Twi'lek is next to you a moment later, "Now, how may I be of service?"

You hear a shout from outside. "Hey what do you think you are doing!!!"[/spoiler]

Amon
[spoiler]Although she seems familiar, you cannot place where you have seen her before.

Once the troopers reach the stall one places a gloved hand over one cam droid.
"Hey what do you think your doing!!!" shouts the woman.
The other Stormtrooper slams the butt of his carbine into the second droid send up a shower of sparks and a shriek of protest from the first droid. He then turns his weapon on her as the first orders, "Get down on the ground, Now!"[/spoiler]

Rald
[spoiler]Although she seems familiar, you cannot place where you have seen her before.

You take you seat at the bar. The man behind the bar still has that same sour look as he fills your order. "Here's your ale, finish it and be on your way." He goes back to conversing with another of the cantina's patrons.

While you wait you notice all the view screens have been flipped to the same blue skinned twi'lek from outside the cantina.

...ong with last night's shooting death at Gundark's Cantina just steps from where I now stand. Station Security and Imperial authorities declined comment on any arrests at this time. Sources say that an unidentified rodian and  human got into an altercation and as the rodian got up to leave he was shot in the back several t... Hey what do you think your doing!!!

You see a gloved hand close over the view of the camera and the feed suddenly cuts out.[/spoiler]

Corran

The other Stormtrooper slams the butt of his carbine into the second droid send up a shower of sparks and a shriek of protest from the first droid. He then turns his weapon on her as the first orders, "Get down on the ground, Now!"[/spoiler]

Kel
[spoiler]It hits you quickly who she is and that this is going on nearby where you are standing. You had seen her plenty of times on GNN. She was a war correspondent during the Clone Wars but once it ended she was forced out of her position. Likely anti alien sentiment and her inability to report exactly what they wanted her to. You recall a few occasions while watching her that they cut her off mid sentence.

...ong with last night's shooting death at Gundark's Cantina just steps from where I now stand. Station Security and Imperial authorities declined comment on any arrests at this time. Sources say that an unidentified rodian and  human got into an altercation and as the rodian got up to leave he was shot in the back several t...

Hey what do you think your doing!!!
The other Stormtrooper slams the butt of his carbine into the second droid send up a shower of sparks and a shriek of protest from the first droid. He then turns his weapon on her as the first orders, "Get down on the ground, Now!"
[/spoiler]

Jerran
[spoiler]It hits you quickly who she is. You had seen her plenty of times on GNN. She was a war correspondent during the Clone Wars but once it ended she was forced out of her position. Likely anti alien sentiment and her inability to report exactly what they wanted her to. You recall a few occasions while watching her that they cut her off mid sentence.

Outwardly you appear very calm as you move off and don't appear out of place to the Stormtroopers approaching the woman.

Once they reach the stall one places a gloved hand over one cam droid.

Map
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 04:36:24 AM »
Imperial scum Kel curses to himself while resisting the urge to reach for his repeating blaster. Taking out a bunch of mooks out here in the open would achieve absolutely nothing in the long run except putting the Imperial law on his tail. Kel remains standing next to the computer terminal, watching further developments.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 01:50:08 PM by LordBlades »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 06:47:00 AM »
Silten sighs as he looks at the droids.  He needs a job do buy a droid to do a better job.  Sometimes it seems like he's stuck in a rut.  "Ssorry, one ssecond," he says to the Twi'lek and peeks outside in hopes that nothing serious is going on. 
Notes to self

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 12:15:58 PM »
Telling himself this is a bad idea, Amon begins walking toward the Troopers. Trying to formulate a plan during that short walk doesn't leave him with many good options either.

Unless someone else intercedes by the the time he reaches the troopers Amon will begin his under-thought plan in hopes of it working. He will walk to the trooper at X12 and tap him on the shoulder. Once he turns around Amon will put the bucket down on the trooper's foot and begin yelling at him in Dosh, hoping he doesn't understand it and the Twi'Lek does.
You are ruining my plan! I found her first! then looking at her and lowering his voice to normal talking levels Just go along with it. He then switches to broken basic Her bounty.
[spoiler]I figure this will be needed. Deception: (1d20=4)
Well it is a good thing I had a plan B, hopefully I can make enough detraction for her to escape and me live at the same time.[/spoiler]
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 02:25:36 PM »
Jerran felt an urge to intercede in the Stormtroopers' actions, but knew that doing so would bring too much unwanted attention upon him, especially in such an open, populated area. Using the force to trick their minds might work, but Jerran knew he could likely only manage it on one before someone caught on that he was a Jedi. This would take more su- Hey, wait, what's the Trandoshan doing? This is going to get ugly real quick.

Against his better judgement, Jerran moves toward the Twi'lek. He shouts, "Hey! Hey! I know this is a bad time, but can I get an autograph? You're with GNN, right? Hey guys, you must have the wrong person, this is a celebrity! Can I at least get her autograph first?"

When he gets as close as he can, he speaks softly in Ryl, "I know this is none of my business, but what's so important that these soldiers are hounding you?"

As soon as the Trandoshan says "bounty," a chill runs down Jerran's spine and he knows he has just leapt straight into the frying pan.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 07:14:10 PM by VennDygrem »

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 04:28:12 PM »
Upon seeing the stormtroopers get closer and just as the droid gets hit, a thought flashes through Corran's head.
Well this is going to get ugly. I suppose she'll need a bodyguard and a pilot to get out of here, I just hope she got a ship otherwise I'm about to do something pretty stupid.

Corran shifts his stance so that he leans only on his right arm, leaving his left in a comfortable position holding onto his belt. Coincidentally, that also puts his hand close to his blaster pistol.

He notice the Trandoshian and the Human involving themselves, including the two very differently chosen ways of quick thinking displayed by the two.

Oh damn. This isn't going to end well. At least I found my next employer.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 06:57:32 PM »
Oh no. Rald quickly took another look around the cantina looking for the rodian who was supposed to be his contact. Realizing the aweful truth, he quickly paid his tab and hurried outside to try to get more info from the twi'lek before anything else happens.

At the least, he has his medical tools with him. He may not have a licensed practice anymore, but he sure hadn't let his skills slipped in the three intervening years.
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
Rald
[spoiler]Upon exiting the cantina, across the promenade the twi'lek is already down on her knees and one stormtrooper is putting binders on her when a Trandoshan approaches the group and drops the obviously heavy container right on the other troopers foot as he rants in his native tongue. A human soon walks up as well and begins asking for the twi'lek's autograph.

The trooper stops hopping after a second and turns his weapon on both the newcomers. "This is an Imperial matter, so unless you want to take a stun blast point blank I suggest you move along."[/spoiler]

Silten
[spoiler]As you poke your head outside Mechanical Allies, across the promenade the twilek you saw earlier is down on on her knees, surrounded by Stormtroopers, one has placed binders on her as a Trandoshan approaches the group and drops the obviously heavy container right on the other troopers foot as he rants in his native tongue. A human soon walks up as well and begins asking for the twi'lek's autograph.

The trooper stops hopping after a second and turns his weapon on both the newcomers. "This is an Imperial matter, so unless you want to take a stun blast point blank I suggest you move along."

A second later a human woman blond hair limps past you. She attempts to hide the fact that she is injured, but she has obviously been harried recently. You catch her weak whisper as she hurries past "help me!"[/spoiler]

Corran
[spoiler]The twi'lek below complies while the first trooper places binders on her and takes a hold out blaster from the base of her back. The Trandoshan drops his container on the second troopers foot as it rants in his own tongue. You do catch it's broken basic claiming she is a bounty of his, but his ruse is pretty clear. While the human who approaches the group after claims he wants the twilek's autograph.

When the trooper stops hopping on one foot he levels his weapon at the two newcomers, "This is an Imperial matter, so unless you want to take a stun blast point blank I suggest you move along."

You also catch another event unfolding from your vantage point. Across the promenade under the Mechanical allies sign the Sluissi you noted earlier has stepped outside of the droid shop and is passed by a blond human woman who is attempting to hide the fact that she has been injured. She moves her lips as she passes the Sluissi by as if whispering something.

Further down the promenade you can spot two Stormtroopers emerge from a connecting passage and trot in her direction.[/spoiler]

Kel
[spoiler]The twi'lek below complies while the first trooper places binders on her and takes a hold out blaster from the base of her back. The Trandoshan drops his container on the second troopers foot as it rants in his own tongue. You do catch it's broken basic claiming she is a bounty of his, but his ruse is pretty clear. While the human who approaches the group after claims he wants the twilek's autograph.

When the trooper stops hopping on one foot he levels his weapon at the two newcomers, "This is an Imperial matter, so unless you want to take a stun blast point blank I suggest you move along."[/spoiler]

Jerran and Amon
[spoiler]The twi'lek below complies while the first trooper places binders on her and takes a hold out blaster from the base of her back.

Once the other trooper stops hopping on one foot he levels his weapon at the two of you, "This is an Imperial matter, so unless you want to take a stun blast point blank I suggest you move along."[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2011, 09:10:04 PM »
"Oh, oh no, there's no trouble here. I'm sure you gentlemen are providing an essential service somehow. Please carry on."

Jerran moves back.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 12:36:43 AM »
Not wanting to risk involvement with Imperial soldiers, Rald moves calmly over to the terminal. If they have her in binder cuffs, there's nothing he can do for her anyway. Not without parting with some credits, at least.

The khil starts combing the recent news for more information on the rodian killed in Gundark's, while keeping an inconspicuous eye to his surroundings. Apparently this station is more hostile to non-humans than he had been led to believe.

[Spoiler]Rolled in alphabetical ordr - Deception to disguise my attentiveness, Gather Info (if it would help), Perception, Use Computer: 1d20+8=28, 1d20+8=22, 1d20+7=14, 1d20+8=19[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2011, 12:45:06 AM »
Muttering some profanities in Dosh with the words "mother" and "beaker" in basic mixed in there. Amon will pick up his package and walk away. Thinking to himself, If she won't do anything herself I can't really help her.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2011, 01:43:35 AM »
Silten slithers after the human, offering his arm while pretending to make small talk.  He softly whispers, "What iss the matter?"

[spoiler]
I'm assuming I'll need to roll Deception: 17
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 02:50:18 AM »
Silten
[spoiler]The woman wears a grease stained blue jumpsuit like the ones worn by many of the station's maintenance crews. You assistance helps quicken her pace a bit. Her voice betrays how wounded she is, whispering "Just get...me away form here...please..."

The three similarly dressed humans you noticed earlier, seem to have spotted who they are looking for because they are each moving in you direction.

You move a few meters more before the sound of footfalls jog up behind you and stop. Over helmet speakers you hear "Step away from the woman! She is under arrest in the name of Emperor Palpatine!" and the readying of blaster rifles at your back.[/spoiler]

Amon and Jerran
[spoiler]As you both back off, the trooper turns back to their charge saying, "I thought so."

The other pulls the Twi'lek to her feet. "This time you won't charm you way out of this as you did with station security. You'll be lucky if you don't end up on Kessel for slicing a restricted military holonet transceiver.

As they are about to lead her away you hear from across the Promenade in almost the same voice, "Step away from the woman! She is under arrest in the name of Emperor Palpatine!"[/spoiler]

Rald
[spoiler]You step up to the terminal and begin bringing searching for information on last nights events.

As the human and the trandoshan move away from the scene, the trooper turns back to their charge saying, "I thought so."

The other pulls the Twi'lek to her feet. "This time you won't charm you way out of this as you did with station security. You'll be lucky if you don't end up on Kessel for slicing a restricted military holonet transceiver.

As they are about to lead her away you hear from across the Promenade in almost the same voice, "Step away from the woman! She is under arrest in the name of Emperor Palpatine!"

[spoiler]It will take a minute to access general information. Are you looking for something more specific like a security report on the death? That would require slicing into the station's central computer, which you can tell is connected to the information terminal you are operating. This may take a bit longer though.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Kel
[spoiler]A khil steps up to the terminal next to you and it looks like he is trying to find something specific.

While you keep tabs on whats going on, the human and the trandoshan move away from the scene, the trooper turns back to their charge saying, "I thought so."

As they are about to lead her away you hear from across the Promenade in almost the same voice, "Step away from the woman! She is under arrest in the name of Emperor Palpatine!"[/spoiler]

Corran
[spoiler]You have a bird's eye view of everything occurring. The human and the trandoshan move away from the scene, the trooper turns back to their charge saying, "I thought so."

The other pulls the Twi'lek to her feet. "This time you won't charm you way out of this as you did with station security. You'll be lucky if you don't end up on Kessel for slicing a restricted military holonet transceiver. They begin to lead her away.

The injured woman across the promenade is joined by the Sluissi as the Stormtroopers close from behind. The three similarly dressed humans you  noticed earlier that were searching the crowds seem to have also spotted who they were looking for and have begun to move toward the pair. when the troopers get in closer they stop and raise their blaster carbines and one issues over his helmet speaker, "Step away from the woman!, She is under arrest in the name of Emperor Palpatine!"[/spoiler]

Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 03:26:29 AM »
Silten steps away from the woman and shows his empty hands in a non-threatening manner.  "No trouble here trooperss, I didn't know.  Iss it alwayss this bussy here?  You people are everywhere today."
Notes to self