Author Topic: Pokémon!  (Read 15702 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Pokémon!
« on: May 26, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »
a TV show hosted by Kuro. :p

EDIT: Games I've played
Blue
Stadium

Silver
Crystal (partly)
Stadium 2

Emerald

Pearl
Platinum (partly)

Black (partly)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 05:35:30 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Pokémon!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »
Played back in the original Red/Blue/Green/Yellow(and damned well got them all! well, any of them that didn't need a second gaming device to get), took a dip in Gold/Silver, tried FireRed. Thats...pretty much it.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 04:27:13 PM »
Played every generation thoroughly except V. Have now moved on to hacks (especially Touhoumon) instead. Should get back to playing that.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »
iv played a few versions. lately they lost me, the basic original versions were repetitive and simplistic but they did the trick. addictive and fun.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 05:16:46 PM »
Played Blue, Yellow, Stadium, Gold, Crystal, Stadium 2, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, Diamond, and HeartGold. I may pick up one of the new games at some point, but hey. I'm a busy man. :P

While we're on the subject, Overclocked did a remix album for the series, at least the first two generations. It's worth a listen if you're interested.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 07:27:04 PM »
I got White version the day it came out, and have enjoyed it since then. There's just one little problem in my eyes:
[spoiler]

I
HATE
THIS
SQUIRREL!
[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 08:28:59 PM »
I got White version the day it came out, and have enjoyed it since then.
I'm sure you're enjoying your free Victini. :grave

Currently heading into Pinwheel Forest with this team:
Panpour lv16
Audino lv17
Sawk lv17
Blitzle lv17
Munna lv17
Servine lv18 (I was this close to naming it Smugleaf)

Side-note: This thing cracks me up. :<
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:21:25 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »
Is that....a Hikikomori pokemon?
That evolves with happiness?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 09:02:40 PM »
Is that....a Hikikomori pokemon?
That evolves with happiness?
And what if you don't make it happy?
[spoiler][/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 10:41:52 PM »
I got White version the day it came out, and have enjoyed it since then.
I'm sure you're enjoying your free Victini. :grave

He's pretty good. Wish he had a better move list though (Flame Charge is not a good move against the Elite 4).

I'm more enjoying the Musketeer Trio and Zekrom though.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:26 AM »
Pokemon was actualy the reason I first got a gameboy. Played red, blue, silver, gold, saphire, ruby and the two first stadiums, but kinda lost interest in saphire/ruby as I felt they had removed several good parts from the two previous titles (also the elite 4 geting weaker and weaker didn't help much). Altough less time to play video games may have played a part also.

Or perhaps this

[spoiler]

Link if image doesn't show up
[/spoiler]

Anyway great series and plenty of fond memories. Still follow it around, and will one day finish Touhoumon once I recover from the shock of my starting Marisa geting a random trait that reduces her magic attack and only noticing it after investing several hours of hard training. I always tought the traits were just for fluff!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 07:44:26 AM »
Pokemon was actualy the reason I first got a gameboy. Played red, blue, silver, gold, saphire, ruby and the two first stadiums, but kinda lost interest in saphire/ruby as I felt they had removed several good parts from the two previous titles (also the elite 4 geting weaker and weaker didn't help much). Altough less time to play video games may have played a part also.
Have you tried LeafGreen/FireRed? Though they're still pretty easy, as all the games are, they have some of the most challenging Elite 4 in all the games in my opinion, and after you complete the post-game "plot" you can fight them again with massively buffed mons.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 09:31:56 AM »
Have you tried LeafGreen/FireRed? Though they're still pretty easy, as all the games are, they have some of the most challenging Elite 4 in all the games in my opinion, and after you complete the post-game "plot" you can fight them again with massively buffed mons.
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 09:33:35 AM »
I don't get why people hate on Tepig though. He's bacon that cooks itself!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 09:52:02 AM »
I don't get why people hate on Tepig though. He's bacon that cooks itself!
So. Many. Fire/Fighting types. Stop it.
My work

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 07:24:27 PM »
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 07:50:53 PM »
Except that now everything knows powerful Bug, Ghost and Dark-type moves, and it's possible to be doubly-resistant to Psychic.

And he's still powerful. :p
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »
Except that now everything knows powerful Bug, Ghost and Dark-type moves, and it's possible to be doubly-resistant to Psychic.

And he's still powerful. :p

Starmie still PWNs though. Really effing annoying.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dusk Eclipse

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 01:11:00 AM »
Mmm let's see I have played... Red, Blue and yellow, then for some reason I didn't play Gold Silver or Crystal, then the complete set of the third generation and I got Diamond and Platinum; but my DS  (with my Platinum) got stolen before I could get Soul Silver or White version and I haven't bought a new one yet.

Played Stadium 1 and 2, and Coliseum.

Now I mostly play on Pokemon Online or an emerald emulator where they REALLY buffed up the challenge; my mons are in the 45-50 range and the Elite four are on 65-70 range...

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 03:36:19 PM »
Figured my Grass starter would be screwed against a Bug-type Gym Leader, so I caught a Darukama on Route 4 and raised it up to lv20. Turned out to be unnecessary since I curbstomped the guy, but Darumaka is a pretty nice mon and has taken Panpour's place on my team for now. Also, Audino is turning out to have decent damage output with Secret Power to match its defences (and Attract + Secret Power's secondary effects let it disable enemies).

Audino lv21 (Scope Lens) Regenerator - Secret Power/Attract/Helping Hand/Refresh
Blitzle lv21 (Eviolite) Lightningrod - Flame Charge/Thunder Wave/Charge/Shock Wave
Munna lv21 (Quick Claw) Synchronize - Psybeam/Defense Curl/Moonlight/Hypnosis
Servine lv21 (Miracle Seed) Overgrow - Tackle/Growth/Leech Seed/Leaf Tornado
Sawk lv21 Sturdy - Counter/Low Sweep/Bide/Focus Energy
Darumaka lv22 Hustle - Thief/Facade/Fire Punch/Headbutt
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:02:42 PM by Prime32 »
My work