Author Topic: Warshaper rebuild  (Read 1556 times)

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
Warshaper rebuild
« on: May 23, 2011, 02:24:58 PM »
It has long seemed to me that Warshaper needs a little bit of a redo.  While all of the features are pretty cool, morphic immunities seems to overshadow everything else (which would be fine if it wasn't the 1st level ability).  Seriously, this class is exactly 1 level long (with but a few exceptions); and morphic immunities seems just a little too strong to get from just a 1-level dip.

My thought is to move morphic immunities up to level 4, and move everything else down a level (except for flash-/multi-morph, which stays a 5).

Thoughts? 

Thanks.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
Re: Warshaper rebuild
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »
The class is at least 2 levels long, sometimes 3, depending on what build you're going for.  Seriously, +4 unnamed bonus to STR & CON pretty much all day long?  No way should that be given at level 1.  Then the class really would be only 1 level long.

Immunity to stunning and criticals is handy, but certainly isn't the reason I've ever taken the class.

Level 4 is only useful if you're going to have no access to healing whatsoever, and I've never found a use for the Flashmorph/Multimorph ability from level 5.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

DonQuixote

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 04:55:06 AM »
You could always give immunity to stunning at level two and immunity to critical hits at level four.

In addition, you could spread the bonuses from morphic body over the first four levels.

Pretty much all of the other class features could use some slight tweaking.  They're all cool in concept, but lack a little bit of oomph.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 06:40:28 PM »
Level 4 is only useful if you're going to have no access to healing whatsoever, and I've never found a use for the Flashmorph/Multimorph ability from level 5.

Combine with Quick Change feat (SS) for free action shapechanging.

Quick Change also makes Morphic Weapons a free action.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 01:17:05 AM »
okay, thanks for the input.  I've definitely reconsidered a bit of my initial assessment.

I think DonQuixote might be on to something.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.