Author Topic: 3.5 Gestalt E6 Hexblade//Rogue optimization input desired.  (Read 1688 times)

clash42

• Monkey bussiness
So I'm going to be playing in a Gestalt E6, and was thinking about playing Hexblade//Rogue. I want to optimize for fear, and I'm not sure what else. I like the two together because then I get d10 HD, Full BAB, Good Ref and Will Saves(all good if I convince the DM to use Mike Mearls' fixes), and 8+int skills, as well as Evasion, Mettle, Sneak Attack, etc.

One house rule he's made is that partial casters(Hexblades, Paladins, Rangers, etc.) start their spell casting progression at first level(so at 6th level, one of those classes will have the spell casting abilities of the same class at 10th level).

Also, we can take 2 flaws, I'm planning on taking Shaky and Inattentive.

For my race, if I want to be a Lesser Aasimar I can, but I have to reduce one of my stats by 2(I'm trying to convince him to just drop the Wisdom bonus, cause that's what I care about). So given that I'm not sure if I want Dragonborn, but I'm currently planning on a Draconic Lesser Aasimar.

Given that I intend to take a +1 LA Template, E6 changes the points I have for the stat point buy from 32 to 25(http://www.myth-weavers.com/wiki/index.php/Epic_6#LA_Point_buy), my stat array currently looks like this before any sort of modifers: Str 14, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 8, Chr 16. Which would become Str 16, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Chr 20 if I get my way with the Lesser Aasimar stat mods.

So here are my questions:
1) What do I lose going from Draconic Lesser Aasimar to Dragonborn Draconic Lesser Aasimar?
2) What feats should I take at first level? I've already gotten the OK on the regional feat Dreadful Wrath, and I'm not sure what else to start with.
3) I plan on later taking the Dark Companion ACF, along with Obtain/Improved Familiar so as to always be flanking something. Are there other ACF's worth taking on the Rogue side that I'm missing? Namely for things like Trapfinding and Trap Sense as I'm not terribly interested in doing any of the Trap related Rogue things.
4) Any other recommendations/thoughts?

Thanks!

Edit: Pretty much everything in the WotC published 3.5 books are available, and any of the Forgotten Realms things seem fine, but I'd need to get the ok from the DM.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:46:15 PM by clash42 »

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: 3.5 Gestalt E6 Hexblade//Rogue optimization input desired.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:36:37 AM »
You have a character combination that has a good all-around chassis, but haven't really told us much of what you want to do with it.  Fear is basically optimizing the Intimidate skill, which can be done with Imperious Command, Fearsome armor, and probably the Death Blow feat.