Author Topic: Polymorphing into hydra-do you really get the extra attacks?  (Read 10008 times)

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
Re: Polymorphing into hydra-do you really get the extra attacks?
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2011, 03:17:57 AM »
I know about you.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

AleksanderTheGreat

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2011, 03:32:43 AM »
Wait... what? What's going on? Is aboyd a Mod on GitP or is he someone infamous from there?
Quote from: Sephirothsword117
Quote from: Solo
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.
I'm inclined to disagree. People work hard on there characters, there personality, back ground, appearance, so forth. No one wants there character that they have invested time, energy, thought, and probably emotion in to be killed because they didn't take strong enough feats or skills or spells or what have you.

aboyd

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2011, 03:35:59 AM »
Of course YOU know about me, Solo.  Your avatar is too easy, and my username is too easy.  But how do ShadowViper & Lycanthromancer know about me & GitP?  Or is it just sheer coincidence that they greet me and immediately mention the GitP mods?  Weird.

Were they mods there?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:37:50 AM by aboyd »

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2011, 04:13:18 AM »
Thanks Midnight_v.  It's funny to get a welcome message 3 years after registering, but I have to admit I didn't post much until this past week.  :)
Where have you been?! We need more awesome people around here. Just don't go to the GitP forums; they boot all the best people off pretty damned quick.

I've been registered there for almost three years now and in the last few months I've been warned twice (no infractions yet). :eh

Yeah, GitP moderation sucks a lot lately. I got my first warning 2 days ago for calling a guy 'arrogant to claim his opinions are facts' in response to some pretty hostile comments about me disagreeing.

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2011, 04:57:40 AM »
Of course YOU know about me, Solo.  Your avatar is too easy, and my username is too easy.  But how do ShadowViper & Lycanthromancer know about me & GitP?  Or is it just sheer coincidence that they greet me and immediately mention the GitP mods?  Weird.

Were they mods there?

Off topic

[spoiler]Okay I'm confused.  ???

I don't think I know about you, far as I know, was just welcoming a new member to BG and someone asked about GitP so I offered what I had heard/know about the forum. While I've read a bit of Order of the Stick, I've only visited GitP when something was linked, never made an account and probably won't.[/spoiler]
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

aboyd

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2011, 05:22:10 AM »
Wait... what? What's going on? Is aboyd a Mod on GitP or is he someone infamous from there?

I was banned from there a couple of weeks ago, at my own request.  The mods had been behaving... well, I guess pretty much the same way that other people in this thread have alleged, and I no longer wanted any part of it.  Instead of being cool or calming when some issues initially arose, the mods escalated the problems & inflamed things until it was so bad that I asked that they ban me as I never wanted any part of the forum again.

Now when I go there to read Rich's comics, if I ever accidentally click into their forums, I see: "YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED.  Reason: User request."

I just... haven't really shared that with anyone, so I'm not sure how Lycanthromancer and ShadowViper knew to say anything.  After reading ShadowViper's post just now, I guess it was just a mind-boggling coincidence.

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2011, 06:26:57 AM »
A lot of the regulars here at BG have been banned from GitP. You'll find you're in good company.

The_Laughing_Man

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2011, 01:14:16 PM »
Hydras can attack with all their heads at no penalty, even if they move or charge during the round.

If a wizard polymorphs to a hydra he acquires the natural weapons of the form. So he can make multiple natural attacks with the heads.

But I'm confused about the rest.

a) does he get to move or charge and then full attack as well?
b) can one sever a head of a hydra that is a polymorphed wizard? (severing a head is making a succesul sunder attempt with a slashing weapon)
c) what happens to the wizard polymorphed to a hydra if all of its heads are severed? Death?

The question b) could be rephrased so:
Is having severable heads a physical quality?

Alter self
You acquire the physical qualities of the new form while retaining your own mind. Physical qualities include natural size, mundane movement capabilities (such as burrowing, climbing, walking, swimming, and flight with wings, to a maximum speed of 120 feet for flying or 60 feet for nonflying movement), natural armor bonus, natural weapons (such as claws, bite, and so on), racial skill bonuses, racial bonus feats, and any gross physical qualities (presence or absence of wings, number of extremities, and so forth). A body with extra limbs does not allow you to make more attacks (or more advantageous two-weapon attacks) than normal.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »

Were they mods there?
You seem intelligent, well-spoken, and have good manners, which led me to believe you were banned from GitP like all the other similar people on this site (including yours truly). Lucky serendipity that you actually were (and it merely supports my theory that the mods are retards with additional cold, hard facts).

And no, I didn't know who you were back on GitP, though your name does seem vaguely familiar. I guess I rolled a Nat 20 on my Sense Motive check.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 06:33:22 PM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]