Author Topic: New Skills? and an example  (Read 1243 times)

westb3

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
New Skills? and an example
« on: May 17, 2011, 06:54:12 PM »
Is there a list of more skills anywhere?  Specifically ones meant to address stuff not covered or implement new uses for skills.

Example

Elude (dex)
As a swift? action you may use elude to replace your AC and Touch AC for one turn.  This skill requires you to use ONLY your skill ranks, your Dexterity Mod, Dodge, Deflection and Size modifiers.  This skill may never be enhanced with magical spells or other effects. [possibly limit to 1/encounter OR 1/encounter for each enemy].  This skill may also be used to provide a diversion to attempt a Hide check in a manner identical to Bluff.  The skill also probably should envelop Escape Artist as well.  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:58:29 AM by westb3 »

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: New Skills? and an example
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 03:51:35 AM »
As far as your question is concerned, not that I'm aware of, but there should be. :eh

As far as your Elude skill is concerned, I'd say that's far too narrow for being a skill on its own. Now, a movement skill trick with the requirements of Escape Artist 5 ranks, that could be very cool (with some wording tweaking).

westb3

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 03:56:19 AM »
Apologies, it should have had some more added to it that got typed out just before I had to sleep.

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 04:39:02 AM »
Apologies, it should have had some more added to it that got typed out just before I had to sleep.

Ah, yes that makes much more sense, although if the AC substitution part is going to be limited to once per encounter it still might as well be a skill trick. However, broadening the horizons of the Escape Artist skill and changing the name to Elude is something I'd be down with.

westb3

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 08:56:03 AM »
Would it be better for 1/target each encounter?  Or even at will?