Author Topic: Eberron in Pathfinder  (Read 27719 times)

Garryl

• Hong Kong
Re: Eberron in Pathfinder
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 04:09:31 PM »
Thoughts on letting shifters use [Wild] feats by expending 2 rounds of shifting? Or make that a feat available at 5th level?

If it's a feat that does nothing but let you use Wild feats as a Shifter, then it would be a bad idea (seeing as it would effectively cost two feats for one). If it's something that does something nice and makes Wild feats available as a secondary benefit (say, spending Shifting rounds to turn into a more fully Were-version or animal form of an associated animal via Wild Shape or the Beast Shape line of spells), then it would be good design.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 02:25:02 PM »
Just realised I never mentioned the feat I added (Weretouched Master). Also some other stuff, like more favoured classes.

Note to self: create a Bone Knight order for the cavalier.
EDIT: Done. But it's an archetype.

Thoughts on a new bloodline:
[spoiler]Silver Pyromancer Bloodline
Class Skill: Knowledge (religion).
Bonus Spells: burning hands (3rd), continual flame (5th), fireball (7th), cast out (9th), flame strike (11th), holy sword (bows only) (13th), banishment (15th), sunburst (17th), fiery body (19th).

Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell that deals fire damage, you may choose to convert half of the damage to sacred damage which ignores resistance and immunity to fire.
Bloodline Powers: Your magic is infused with the power of the Silver Flame itself.
  • Silver Ray (Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash an ray of searing white flame as a standard action, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. This ray deals 1d6 points of fire damage +1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
  • Channel Positive Energy (Su): At 3rd level, you may channel positive energy as a good-aligned cleric of your sorcerer level -2.
  • Smiting Spell (Su): At 9th level, you may expend a use of channel energy when casting a fire spell and extend its casting time as if applying a metamagic feat. If you do so, the spell deals an additional +50% damage against evil creatures, but half damage against good creatures.
  • Persistent Fire (Su): At 15th level, whenever a creature fails its saving throw against one of your fire spells, on the following round it takes additional 1d4 points of fire damage per level of the spell.
  • Radiant Flame (Su): At 20th level you may choose to convert all of the damage dealt by your fire spells to sacred damage; this otherwise functions like your bloodline arcana. Any creature that fails its saving throw against one of your fire spells is blinded for 1 round. If it is evil then it is also stunned for 1 round.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:22:31 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 04:03:31 AM »
Ooo, Holy sword on a sorc. Though I guess when you do get it, your to-hit isn't going to win you any awards.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 09:08:29 AM »
I like the Bone Knight archetype.   :D
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 12:35:34 AM »
Stuff to add:

Traits/archetypes to replace healing with repairing. (self only?)

(Insert name)
You may use your Minor Change Shape ability as part of the action to enter a rage or use a mutagen. In addition, when you enter such a state you may choose to assume a specific monstrous form for the duration of the effect, granting a +1 bonus on natural armor and Intimidate checks but preventing you from changing shape further.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:42:01 AM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 08:36:09 PM »
So, I decided to give Dragonmark Heir a rework. Thoughts? Is Dragonmark Mastery too much?

For reference
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/eldritch-heritage
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/improved-eldritch-heritage
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/greater-eldritch-heritage
Your dragonmark lets you cast SLAs from your bloodline as a sorcerer of half your sorcerer level 1+Cha/day, and you can meet the prereqs for dragonmark heir at lv5.

Current
[spoiler]HD: d8
BAB: Average
Saves: All good
1    Advancement, House status +1, Improved dragonmark
2    Talent or +1 level of existing spellcasting class
3    House status +2, Improved dragonmark
4    Talent or +1 level of existing spellcasting class
5    House status +3, Improved dragonmark
6    Talent or +1 level of existing spellcasting class
7    House status +4, Improved dragonmark
8    Talent or +1 level of existing spellcasting class
9    House status +5, Improved dragonmark
10   Talent or +1 level of existing spellcasting class
Advancement: At every level of dragonmark heir the caster level of your 1st-level Dragonmarked bloodline power increases by 2, to a maximum of your character level. This may allow you to access higher-level spells.

House Status (Ex): A dragonmark heir adds half their class level as a bonus on Charisma-based checks when interacting with members of their dragonmarked house (round up).

Improved Dragonmark: At every odd level you gain an extra use of your 1st-level Dragonmarked bloodline power per day.

Talent: At every even level you gain a rogue talent, or a talent from one other class in which you have levels (eg. a barbarian rage power or an alchemist discovery). Alternatively, you may increase your caster level and spells per day as if you had gained a level in a spellcasting class to which you belonged before entering dragonmark heir.[/spoiler]

Proposal
[spoiler]HD: d8
BAB: Average
Saves: All good
1    Advancement, Dragonmark Mastery (1st), House status +1
2    Talent or +1 level of existing spellcasting class, Improved dragonmark
3    Dragonmark Mastery (2nd), House status +2
4    Talent or +1 level of existing spellcasting class, Improved dragonmark
5    Dragonmark Mastery (3rd), House status +3
6    Talent or +1 level of existing spellcasting class, Improved dragonmark
7    Dragonmark Mastery (4th), House status +4
8    Talent or +1 level of existing spellcasting class, Improved dragonmark
9    Dragonmark Mastery (5th), House status +5
10   Talent or +1 level of existing spellcasting class, Improved dragonmark
Advancement: At every level of dragonmark heir the caster level of your 1st-level Dragonmarked bloodline power increases by 1 (after halving), to a maximum of your character level. This may allow you to access higher-level spells. For instance, a rogue 5/dragonmark heir 3 with the Eldritch Heritage feat would have a caster level of 3 from his character levels (8-2, halved), +3 from this ability for a total of CL6. Such a character could access 3rd-level SLAs from his bloodline.

Dragonmark Mastery: At 1st level you may cast your dragonmark's 1st-level spell without expending uses of its bloodline power (i.e. you may use it an unlimited number of times per day). At every odd level thereafter this ability also applies to spells of one level higher.

House Status (Ex): A dragonmark heir adds half their class level as a bonus on Charisma-based checks when interacting with members of their dragonmarked house (round up).

Improved Dragonmark: At every even level you gain an extra use of your 1st-level Dragonmarked bloodline power per day.

Talent: At every even level you gain a rogue talent, or a talent from one other class in which you have levels (eg. a barbarian rage power or an alchemist discovery). Alternatively, you may increase your caster level and spells per day as if you had gained a level in a spellcasting class to which you belonged before entering dragonmark heir.
For talents with prerequisites based on class level, you may add your dragonmark heir levels to your levels in one other class.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:13:17 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 03:34:30 AM »
Well, you're taking half caster level in exchange for warlock casting down a particular spell line. I'd say its cool.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »
Well, you're taking half caster level in exchange for warlock casting down a particular spell line. I'd say its cool.
What about non-casters? Also, infinite healing.
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 02:59:11 PM »
Do the dragonmark levels stack with non-caster level for geting talents that demand you to be X level of a base class to get it?
Not presently.
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »
Well non-casters are clearly worst with this Prc then. The Alchemist for example won't progress a lot of abilities and simply be unable to get its stronger talents, while the caster is laughing and geting both extra CL and spells, up to almost max power (8th level spells). Heck the caster could just pick 8 levels of the Dragonmark heir and still get basic 9th level spells before epic.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
So with that fixed...
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 02:59:39 PM »
Added Tashalatora archetypes for psychic warrior and soulknife.
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »
I assume the Psywar's lower AC bonus feature accounts for access to Inertial Armor and the path for unarmored AC?

The Soulknife version could use an ability to enchant their ki armor bonus(like they do with their weapon). Armor Enhancements, etc.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 07:50:34 PM »
I was promised rocket fists. I do not see rocket fists. This would make me a sad panda were I a panda. As I am not, I am just sad.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 11:03:23 PM »
I was promised rocket fists. I do not see rocket fists. This would make me a sad panda were I a panda. As I am not, I am just sad.
Integrated Weapon racial trait (any throwing weapon) + Folding Weapon trait.
My work

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2011, 01:31:43 AM »
How do you put it back in once you've thrown it? For that matter, can you even throw it? As something attached to your body by being part of your body, my first guess would indicate not. I mean, you can't drop it, can you (can you?) so how can you throw it?
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2011, 06:49:06 AM »
How do you put it back in once you've thrown it?
Regenerate?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2011, 07:25:26 PM »
:eh
Okay, added clarification and a Returning Weapon racial feat. Maybe something like this could help?

Grinding Throw [Combat, Warforged]
You may throw a weapon so that it damages an opponent multiple times.
Prerequisite: Integrated Weapon racial ability
Benefit: You may use this feat whenever you could make multiple attacks with a thrown Integrated Weapon as part of one action (eg. a full attack). When you hit a target with the thrown weapon, you may make your subsequent attacks as part of this action with the same weapon. These attacks ignore line-of-sight and line-of-effect, but are otherwise resolved as if you had retrieved the weapon and thrown it again. If one of these follow-up attacks misses, your weapon dislodges and you can make no more follow-up attacks as part of this action.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:30:22 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2011, 07:50:33 PM »
The hypothetical panda has found its anti-depressants, and is no longer sad, but instead feeling happy and on cloud nine :cloud9. Much like a hypothetical panda on anti-depressants, I am also not sad. Unlike the aforementioned medicated panda, however, mine is a natural high that comes from clean, wholesome activities.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]