Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!  (Read 159917 times)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!
« Reply #700 on: June 23, 2011, 06:19:13 AM »
Q256: How does one calculate the manifester level of a psychic rogue?
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Tr011

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • preparing arcane spellcaster
    • Email
« Reply #701 on: June 23, 2011, 09:41:41 AM »
Q257: If you use Fling Enemy (SS Feat, not the RoS-Variant) to throw your party rogue to an enemy, using Return (granted by a ToB PC) to get him back, could he attack that guy? And if I use my capstone (attack every enemy in range once), may the rogue divide his attacks to multiple enemies?

drako_beoulve

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #702 on: June 23, 2011, 12:45:08 PM »
Q258: Can I TWF with Soulbow to shoot mindarrows from both hands?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:50:51 PM by drako_beoulve »

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #703 on: June 23, 2011, 12:50:14 PM »
Q257: If you use Fling Enemy (SS Feat, not the RoS-Variant) to throw your party rogue to an enemy, using Return (granted by a ToB PC) to get him back, could he attack that guy? And if I use my capstone (attack every enemy in range once), may the rogue divide his attacks to multiple enemies?

Probably not as he wont get a turn between being thrown and returning... also he might take attacks of opportunity for moving in and out of threat range but I'm not sure.

pareus

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #704 on: June 23, 2011, 02:55:23 PM »

Probably not as he wont get a turn between being thrown and returning... also he might take attacks of opportunity for moving in and out of threat range but I'm not sure.
If he readied an action, should be able to get one attack off

Tr011

• Email
« Reply #705 on: June 23, 2011, 04:29:26 PM »

thx, that's an idea.

@Q258; Where is the Soulbow from?
Q259: Does a monk with natural weapon (1d6) and improved unarmed strike damage 1d6 get any benefit? Like an increase of damage to 1d8 or anything?

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #706 on: June 23, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »

thx, that's an idea.

@Q258; Where is the Soulbow from?
Q259: Does a monk with natural weapon (1d6) and improved unarmed strike damage 1d6 get any benefit? Like an increase of damage to 1d8 or anything?

A258: Complete Arcane.
A259: No, though you can generally use your natural weapons after you full attack so that might be a benefit i suppose...

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #707 on: June 23, 2011, 05:12:12 PM »
A258: Complete Psionic.
A259: No, though you can generally use your natural weapons after you full attack so that might be a benefit i suppose...
Fixed that for you.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Tr011

• Email
« Reply #708 on: June 23, 2011, 07:59:03 PM »
Q258: Can I TWF with Soulbow to shoot mindarrows from both hands?
thx@Agita, couldn't find it before xD
A258: "You must have one hand free to create and project a mind arrow."

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #709 on: June 23, 2011, 08:01:35 PM »
So a Thri-Keen soulbow could throw 3 mind-arrows?
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #710 on: June 23, 2011, 08:29:41 PM »
Only if you're a shifter and have the right feat and shifting ability to go with it.

So a Thri-Keen soulbow could throw 3 mind-arrows?
Depends on how fast you can create the mind-arrows, and how many attacks a round you get.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #711 on: June 23, 2011, 08:59:18 PM »
Q260: Need to become immune to stun to use with Reserves of Strength (Dragonlance Campaign Setting).  Classes and races are a no-go because the character already exists.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #712 on: June 23, 2011, 09:06:17 PM »
Talisman of Undying Fortitude, MIC pg. 188.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #713 on: June 23, 2011, 09:10:10 PM »
Talisman of Undying Fortitude, MIC pg. 188.

You win.  So hard.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

Aliek

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #714 on: June 24, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »
Q261: Would incatatrix and dweomerkeeper's capstone ability(-1 to all metamagic costs) stack?

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #715 on: June 24, 2011, 04:34:30 PM »
Q261: Would incatatrix and dweomerkeeper's capstone ability(-1 to all metamagic costs) stack?

A261
Yes, why wouldn't they?  They're not a bonus of the same type.  It's two different abilities.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

symisin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #716 on: June 24, 2011, 05:50:33 PM »
Q 262   is there a way to add a specific skill to your skill list without going into human paragon or dipping into a class with the specific skill?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #717 on: June 24, 2011, 06:01:43 PM »
Q 262   is there a way to add a specific skill to your skill list without going into human paragon or dipping into a class with the specific skill?
There's a feat in UA that adds a skill to your class skills. It's called Skill Knowledge.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Halinn

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #718 on: June 24, 2011, 06:07:27 PM »

A 262 Skill Prodigy feat from Kingdoms of Kalamar, or Skill Knowledge from Unearthed Arcana

Luckanan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #719 on: June 25, 2011, 12:05:48 AM »
Q 263: Is there any 1 HD creature out there with a breath weapon?  (Not counting templated forms.)

Thanks   :D