Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!  (Read 160184 times)

Luckanan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2011, 03:23:31 AM »
Q 22: Is there any way to improve gauntlet damage besides Greater Mighty Wallup?  (Going for a Pathfinder Artificer Iron Man type character.)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2011, 03:30:08 AM »
Q23: Where can I find the 3.5e stats for the Potion Belt?

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2011, 04:40:06 AM »
Q 22: Is there any way to improve gauntlet damage besides Greater Mighty Wallup?  (Going for a Pathfinder Artificer Iron Man type character.)

Depending on your reading, a monks unarmed strike damage...

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2011, 04:43:12 AM »
Bump

Q What spells or cheap magic items are there that enable you to move over rough terrain at full movement?

Q Is there a way for a wizard to learn Modify Memory, or cast a variant of it, himself?

Q Is there a 3.X version of the 2e Chameleon Men?

Q 17 What template gives creatures filth fever? Preferably not an undead template. I need it for a living creature.[/quote]

Q 24 If a swordsage takes a discipline, like Shadow Hand or Setting Sun, does he get the proficiency for those weapons too (eg. sai, nunchaku, etc)? If so, where exactly does it say that? If it does, I'm sure I'm somehow skipping over it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2011, 04:47:08 AM »
Q 24 If a swordsage takes a discipline, like Shadow Hand or Setting Sun, does he get the proficiency for those weapons too (eg. sai, nunchaku, etc)? If so, where exactly does it say that? If it does, I'm sure I'm somehow skipping over it.

It doesn't say it because he doesn't get it.

JaronK

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2011, 04:49:00 AM »

That's quite unfortunate, considering a lot of the signature weapons in the disciplines are exotic.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2011, 05:00:08 AM »

That's quite unfortunate, considering a lot of the signature weapons in the disciplines are exotic.
Not really.  Besides, the significance of those weapons is negligible, at best.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2011, 01:56:51 PM »
Ug I mean not dragonwrought kobolds or savage progression ambush drakes, chromatic, or metallic dragons. Dragonspawn are LA+1.

Q25: Is there any ECL1 playable race with the dragon type sans feats besides savage progressions? I know an LA+0 Dragon-typed 1 HD creature sounds too good to be true, but if anyone knows it would be someone here?

I'm just making sure I'm not missing some obscure (non-true) dragon race.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2011, 02:02:37 PM »
Ug I mean not dragonwrought kobolds or savage progression ambush drakes, chromatic, or metallic dragons. Dragonspawn are LA+1.

Q25: Is there any ECL1 playable race with the dragon type sans feats besides savage progressions? I know an LA+0 Dragon-typed 1 HD creature sounds too good to be true, but if anyone knows it would be someone here?

I highly doubt it, your go to is dragonwrought kobolds. The designers made the whole dragonblood subtype thing for playable dragon races...

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2011, 02:24:44 PM »
Would your DM let you just make your own Dragon race?
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

AleksanderTheGreat

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2011, 02:43:49 PM »

Spellscales maybe?
Quote from: Sephirothsword117
Quote from: Solo
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.
I'm inclined to disagree. People work hard on there characters, there personality, back ground, appearance, so forth. No one wants there character that they have invested time, energy, thought, and probably emotion in to be killed because they didn't take strong enough feats or skills or spells or what have you.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2011, 03:39:56 PM »

Spellscales maybe?

Spellscales are humanoid with the dragonblood subtype, IIRC... so, no dragon there...

AleksanderTheGreat

• Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »

Spellscales maybe?

Spellscales are humanoid with the dragonblood subtype, IIRC... so, no dragon there...
But dragonblooded is treated as dragon, so maybe it will be useful to PlzBreakMyCampaign.
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.
I'm inclined to disagree. People work hard on there characters, there personality, back ground, appearance, so forth. No one wants there character that they have invested time, energy, thought, and probably emotion in to be killed because they didn't take strong enough feats or skills or spells or what have you.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2011, 04:11:08 PM »
Q 26 How does it work if someone wants to use two perform skills (singing and stringed instruments) at the same time? Does one give a +2 bonus to the other, like aiding?

AleksanderTheGreat

• Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »
Q 26 How does it work if someone wants to use two perform skills (singing and stringed instruments) at the same time? Does one give a +2 bonus to the other, like aiding?
I think not, because there is a feat that gives that (Versatile Performer). And can you aid another yourself?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2011, 04:30:29 PM »
I think not, because there is a feat that gives that (Versatile Performer). And can you aid another yourself?
Probably not, and the Versatile Performer isn't until next level. So just take the better of the two? Just wanting to figure out how much he's earned so far. One's less than 20, and one's over.

Bard

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2011, 06:06:30 PM »
Q27: Is there a way for a low dex character (8) to get additional Attacks of Opportunity?

Q28: If I have... BAB 16, Improved Unarmed Strike, Flurry as a lvl 20 monk, TWF, ITWF, GTWF, Multistrike, 2 claws, how many attacks can I do max? (and with what weapon/bonus)
[Spoiler]
His old DM was on crack. He could take levels in freaking Dread Necromancer if he wanted to and no rule in the universe would keep him from doing so.
Rule 0?
Which, I guess, would be 'no rule,' since none = 0.
What's funny is he always brings up Rule 0. I actually had to ask him what that was, and without blinking an eye he gave me the most detailed explanation I'd ever heard for a rule. It was like he was in a trance when he spoke. Looking it up, it just said "The unspoken DM gets final say/veto anything he wants rule."
You're such a kind man, for taking in abused unfortunates and rehabilitating them.
[/spoiler]

Gnomeo

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »
A27: 2,300 gp can get you the Bracers of Opportunity in the Magic Item Compendium (pg 81); which gives you 2 per day.
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Zaxter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2011, 06:56:11 PM »
Q29: I recall seeing a feat some time ago that let a character share his AC bonus from Combat Expertise with adjacent (or maybe nearby?) allies. Anyone recall the name and location of this feat, if it exists?

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2011, 06:58:54 PM »
Q29: I recall seeing a feat some time ago that let a character share his AC bonus from Combat Expertise with adjacent (or maybe nearby?) allies. Anyone recall the name and location of this feat, if it exists?
Allied Defense, I believe it's called, and I believe it's in Shining South (FR).