Author Topic: Rules For All  (Read 1449 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Rules For All
« on: May 14, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »
This is exactly how it reads. This will list all of the rules for this particular campaign, house rules or otherwise.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Rules For All
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:00:24 AM »
This will start out as an E6 campaign, but it could become an E8 campaign if we get high enough to consider it. For now it's just an E6, but I'll give everyone plenty of notice before hand.

Sites to bookmark, or have readily accessible for this campaign:
EN World E6 site thread
Pathfinder SRD
And for good measure we'll throw in the D&D SRD too.
All dice are rolled at Invisible Castle
New PF character stuff on SRD, but not quite organized yet

Game Rules:
1.  All characters are to be built with the 32 point system, and their max starting gold or max occupational gold (see #6)
2.  Everyone will start at 1st level, and will stop at either 6th or 8th level (haven't decided yet). If you come in during the game, you will start at the closest level to everyone else.
3.  No fanmade or homebrew.
4.  All characters are to be posted via MythWeavers, DnD SheetsTome of Secrets).
7.  If a player wants to be a half-orc, they can choose either the site released version, or the beta version (+2 STR/-2 INT/+2 WIS) if they don't want to feel like a half-elf clone. (You'd be surprised at the number of people who are offended that half-orcs get the same +2 bonus as humans and half-elves).
8.  If you really want to, you may choose a 3.5 class, but try to pick a PF class first. There are a few 3.5 classes that were changed unofficially over to PF (ie Crusader have d12 HD). The same goes for feats. Choose from the PF ones first. If there's nothing, we can talk.
9.  Death Effects variant will be used. No more instant death; 20d6 damage +1d6 per caster level.
10.  Death Threshold variant rule will be used instead of the "at -10 you're dead" rule. When you get down to negative hit points, you have until CON+HD before you die.
11. Try to be good characters. Evil ones tend to get beheaded.

House Rules:
1.  There will be no rolls for stabilization. You automatically succeed. In accordance to the Death Threshold rule above, you take longer to die. Therefore, for the first 10 points (-1 to -9), you are considered "slowed". After that, you are unconscious for the remaining points of your life, or until you're healed. The slowed number will increase by 1 for every 2 points the Death Threshold goes up. The Diehard feat and Ferocity cancel out the "slowed" condition. Note: At -1 you will still fall prone (unless you have Diehard or Ferocity), but you can get back up (drawing AoO).
2.  Each character gets max HP every level.
3.  I don't worry too much about a person's strength ability with regards to what they can or can't carry. I mean, we've all played Resident Evil, and seen how much crap they can carry at a time. It's fudgable. However, I'm going to ask that you be realistic. No human can bench press a car with average human numbers. A player willSRD
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:24:30 PM by kevin_video »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Rules For All
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:01:11 PM »
Here's a list of weapons you're allowed to own, but not necessarily allowed to keep on your person:

Gauntlet
Dagger
Mace, light
Sickle (usually farmers, or farm hands)
Club
Mace, heavy (church, personal guard, royal guard)
Shortspear
Longspear
Quarterstaff
Spear
Crossbow, light and heavy (church, city guard, personal guard, nobles, farmers with livestock)
Javelins (nobles, manor house for sporting events)
Sling
Hammer, light
Handaxe
Pick, light or heavy (usually farmers, farm hands, or miners)
Shield: light, heavy, or buckler; metal or wood
Sword, short (nobles, personal guard, chivalric)
Longsword (church, nobles, chivalric, royal guard)
Warhammer (church, nobles, chivalric)
Halbred (royal guard)
Lance (nobles, chivalric)
Scythe (farmers only)
Longbow and shortbow (royal guard, nobles, chivalric, sporting events, manor house hunters/guides)
Whip* (beast tamers, jailers, unknown [we don't ask about them])
Bolas (royal guard, chivalric law enforcement)
Net (fisherman, gladiators, manor house hunters/guides, city guard)

*Some places don't fully except people with these because they are considered a slaver, or possibly corrupt law's weapon.
Note: Jailers, personal guard, and royal guard count as city guard for access to weapons.