Author Topic: The OOC - Discussion Thread  (Read 17448 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: The OOC - Discussion Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 02:24:15 AM »
It's ok. The people like to try the exotic foreign brews, but they'll all come crawling back to my experimental micro-brews. ;)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »
It's ok. The people like to try the exotic foreign brews, but they'll all come crawling back to my experimental micro-brews. ;)
Or run as far away from them as possible. Either way, really. :lol
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 02:47:55 AM »
Should we start posting in the IC thread yet, or are we still awaiting the final background/character sheet review?  What I plan to do is pretty straight forward, and should only require a few perform rolls.  Are we using invisible castle for the dice rolling?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 02:49:47 AM »
Should we start posting in the IC thread yet, or are we still awaiting the final background/character sheet review?  What I plan to do is pretty straight forward, and should only require a few perform rolls.  Are we using invisible castle for the dice rolling?
Yes we are.

I was going to wait for a bit longer, but if your character's all done up you can do your thing. There's a specific area just for performers, and it's in sections for what you're doing. So musicians are in one area, mages in another, etc.

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 02:54:13 AM »
Thanks, somehow I missed the Invisible Castle for dice rolls on my first read through of the rules.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 02:55:06 AM »
Thanks, somehow I missed the Invisible Castle for dice rolls on my first read through of the rules.
It's alright. That's why we have the OOC.

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 05:21:10 AM »

On the same initiative, both summoners cast their summon, but the spellcaster with the highest DEX gets to have their monster attack first.

Two questions here:
-Wouldn't make more sense for the one with the highest initiative modifier (as opposed to highest dex) to go first?
-My summon monster SLA takes 1 standard action to cast (as opposed to 1 round for the spell). What advantage, if any, would I get for this?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 05:26:37 AM »
Two questions here:
-Wouldn't make more sense for the one with the highest initiative modifier (as opposed to highest dex) to go first?
-My summon monster SLA takes 1 standard action to cast (as opposed to 1 round for the spell). What advantage, if any, would I get for this?
Unfortunately I can't give you answers. Those are just the rules. Seriously. This is from an actual d20 fair & tournament book. They don't really have a rule for summoners who can cast earlier than others. I'd have to house rule it.

I guess it'd give you a +2 untyped bonus to act first, and your creature wouldn't be considered flat-footed if it didn't go first. Sound fair?

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 05:41:49 AM »
You, sounds cool ;)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 05:42:50 AM »
You, sounds cool ;)
Cool. Thinking on my feet at 2:30 AM doesn't really come naturally to me so I was a little concerned.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 08:32:50 AM »
Would a whip be allowed in the duelling contest?  :lmao
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 11:53:50 AM »
I was reading up on my character's Patron and saw that their favored weapon is the Scimitar. This got me thinking of how to integrate that into my character, especially with us not being allowed to have swords for now. I've come up with a bit of a long term reward idea for Drail with that in mind. I would like to find/receive/make an Ironwood Scimitar at some point in our travels. The spells required to craft it would be beyond the level cap of this game, much less some way of making them permanent, but I think it would be something very interesting & meaningful from a character point of view, merging his deity with his plant like nature and preference of wooden weapons and armor. So I'll just plant this bug here for later reference.  :smirk
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
Would a whip be allowed in the duelling contest?  :lmao
lol No. Good question though.

I was reading up on my character's Patron and saw that their favored weapon is the Scimitar. This got me thinking of how to integrate that into my character, especially with us not being allowed to have swords for now. I've come up with a bit of a long term reward idea for Drail with that in mind. I would like to find/receive/make an Ironwood Scimitar at some point in our travels. The spells required to craft it would be beyond the level cap of this game, much less some way of making them permanent, but I think it would be something very interesting & meaningful from a character point of view, merging his deity with his plant like nature and preference of wooden weapons and armor. So I'll just plant this bug here for later reference.  :smirk
You could always have a fluffed club that's in the shape of a scimitar.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 03:01:54 PM »
while mechanically it would still be a club, i'd think that the local authorities might have an issue with it, plus it requires a bit extra suspension of disbelief that the blade wouldn't snap the first time it hit something hard if it is just regular wood. Those were my two thoughts on why just saying my club is scimitar shaped wouldn't work out. While its creation may require magical abilities that are out of the scope of this game, that doesn't mean the item's abilities would be beyond it too. It is a possible future treasure item or plot hook. If you want to just let it fly as an oddly shaped club for the game, then i'll just run with that rather than make it complicated.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »
while mechanically it would still be a club, i'd think that the local authorities might have an issue with it, plus it requires a bit extra suspension of disbelief that the blade wouldn't snap the first time it hit something hard if it is just regular wood. Those were my two thoughts on why just saying my club is scimitar shaped wouldn't work out. While its creation may require magical abilities that are out of the scope of this game, that doesn't mean the item's abilities would be beyond it too. It is a possible future treasure item or plot hook. If you want to just let it fly as an oddly shaped club for the game, then i'll just run with that rather than make it complicated.
I think of it like this. If a bastard sword/katana can be easily made into a bokken, and you can buy that (5 gp, 1d6, 20/x2, 4 lbs, bludgeoning), and not worry about it snapping when hitting someone, surely a scimitar can be made out of wood too. It just wouldn't have the sundering capabilities, hp, or hardness that a metal one does.

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 03:38:10 PM »
Will we be using drawbacks?
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
Will we be using drawbacks?
Yes we are. If you can afford the skill points, you can have them. This was the example I was using if you were caught stealing. You'd lose your hand and gain Missing Hand, but you'd gain 4 skill points to put into something else. I'll probably have to update the rules because I don't think I clearly put that in there. You can a max of three.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 02:59:06 AM »
@ vilenatas -- Don't forget to give me a Perform check to see if you get money or tomatoes tossed at you. ;)

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 01:22:47 PM »
@ vilenatas -- Don't forget to give me a Perform check to see if you get money or tomatoes tossed at you. ;)

It is in the nested second spoiler in a link to invisible castle, (low roll on the lute of 4+15, but awesome on the singing 19+12).  Not sure how you want a performance that includes two types of performing to work, so I gave you both rolls.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »

It is in the nested second spoiler in a link to invisible castle, (low roll on the lute of 4+15, but awesome on the singing 19+12).  Not sure how you want a performance that includes two types of performing to work, so I gave you both rolls.
So it is. Wow that's hard to see when you've got two spoilers. I've got an idea how much you're going to get, but I'm just double checking on it.