Author Topic: warforged druid level 7: feat & character progression question  (Read 1423 times)

Torvon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Heya guys. My warforged druid reached level 7 and gets a new feat, since we play with pathfinder feat progression.

So far the lovely guy has augment summoning (with prerequesite spell focus: conj.), natural spell, sudden extend spell, ironwood body. He's responsible for healing & buffing & utility in the group, and to offtank with his summons.
STR12 DEX12 CON16 WIS18 INT14 CHA8 (yep, WIS18 is bad for that level, but I have a periapt of wisdom +1 currently, the +1 bonus from level4, and started with 18-2 due to warforged. that makes 18 now.)

I rarely memorize damage spells, since our psion rocks pretty hard, as does the other psionic class (shaper?) who summons astral construts a lot.

My druid's wildshape sucks pretty hard currently, leopard or cheetah or black bear ... not really useful. Next level I think I'Ll get large wild shapes, then things look different. I'm usually just shaping for defensive or scouting purposes.

FEAT

So, the feat question comes up. My favourites
* Initiate of Nature: but really, it's not worth a feat. Most druid handbooks have it wrong (it doesn't give 2xclass level as HD, only 1x). And dominate animal does the same thing much better and more reliable. My druid has CHA8, which doesn't help, either.
* Ashbound summoning: pretty strong.
* Greenbound summoning: waaaay too overpowered. "Take one feat and your summons become 10x as strong" ... Might suggest my DM to downgrade this feat and take it.

Any other options? I'm not really happy with this. My summoned dire wolfs kick ass already without buffing them with another feat. I'd like to get something ... which enables me to have more options really. Maybe you have ideas I haven't seen yet.

PROGRESSION

No idea where to go from here. The Warforged PrC in "Secrets of Xendrik" LANDFORGED WALKER looks nice fluffwise, has ok spellcaster progression. But it does not advance my animal companion :(

Any other options? All the wild shape related stuff like natural warrior doesn't fit for the character.

Thanks guys
Torvon
Quote from: Saxony
Sword Sage is like Arcane Stunt Swashbuckler on steroids with less BAB.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: warforged druid level 7: feat & character progression question
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 05:09:36 PM »
I don't have any specific suggestions right now, but if you move this to the Min/Max boards, you'll see a lot more traffic, and hopefully get some better responses. :)
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: warforged druid level 7: feat & character progression question
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:52:07 AM »
Two things about Greenbound Summoning:

-The feat as intended was meant to be a +2 metamagic for SNA, as explained by the author on enworld.
-The feat as written becomes a less appealing option around level 9, because you can't turn it off. which means all your animals get turned into plants, which makes them no longer a valid target for Animal Growth. And for most animals, Animal Growth>Greembound template. I find Rashemi Elemental summoning a much better feat for a summoner Druid in mid to high level games.