Author Topic: Tome of Battle  (Read 41532 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Tome of Battle
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2011, 01:11:08 AM »
Yes, they're somewhat bizzarre, but half the D&D material out there is. Plus, for once, nobody seems to have come up with some crazy combo for them. If it isn't broken, no need to fix it.

That's because the Restore Item utterance doesn't work on Scripts.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2011, 09:35:27 AM »
I've applied the errata for the Magic Items section.

Should we even bother with the monsters? I know the Rakshasa has at least one error in it's text, but I've never seen anyone use these monsters...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2011, 10:07:46 AM »
Should we even bother with the monsters? I know the Rakshasa has at least one error in it's text, but I've never seen anyone use these monsters...
The Stone Dragon form not being able to use its maneuvers was it?

They're rare, but using them is a matter of personal preference rather than anything else. If you were running a ToB campaign they might show up.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2011, 12:11:48 AM »
On Aptitude: If you want to clear up Lightning Maces and change it to what I suspect was intended, change the wording to

"If the wielder of an Aptitude weapon has any feats or abilities that grant a special benefit with a particular type of weapon, and the type of weapon to gain the benefit can be chosen (and must be chosen) upon gaining the feat or ability, then the Aptitude weapon gains the same benefit just as if it were a weapon of the same kind as the wielder's choice for the feat or ability. Furthermore, if the Aptitude weapon actually is of the same type as the wielder's choice for the feat or ability, attacks with the weapon gain a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls.
Thus, the wielder of an Aptitude spiked chain who had Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword) would not take a nonproficiency penalty for wielding the chain, but would not gain the benefits of a feat such as Superior Unarmed Strike that grants a benefit to a specific weapon."

Or something like that - the examples are a bit odd, I admit, but hopefully get the point across without using any material other than ToB and Core (you could change the EWP example if you wanted).
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: October 26, 2011, 10:20:45 PM »
Updated the errata and ported it into a PDF file. Included in this update are the revised statblocks for the three Blade Magic monsters.

We stated the opinion on this a while ago, but I feel the need to repeat it: The NPCs presented in the book are not going to receive errata.

[spoiler][/spoiler]