Author Topic: Interesting stuff in PF  (Read 71507 times)

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Interesting stuff in PF
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2011, 11:00:59 PM »
I think the "what were they smoking" part comes from the fact that it can be thrown as a wtfFREE action.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2011, 11:27:34 PM »
Now to optimize the SHIT out of it.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2011, 02:17:26 AM »
Now to optimize the SHIT out of it.
I need to point that item out to one of my players, who made himself a Captain America in one of our games  :plotting
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2011, 02:24:32 AM »
Dear god. It just occurred to me... Mix them up with animated shields and you have FUNNELS!

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2011, 05:07:52 AM »
Dear god. It just occurred to me... Mix them up with animated shields and you have FUNNELS!
Make an attack with each of them as a free action(going with the reasonable yet permissive DM's choice of max one attack each round) with all of them animated...yeah.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »
Some odd stuff in the 3rd party feats, including some which are quite powerful (use one save for all types of saves, gain an extra standard action per round) but have limited uses and can only be taken if you lack the ability to cast spells. Also, amusing names like Throat Threat Giant and Extremely Thick Skull.

Also,
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/-3pp-general-feats/approximate-understanding
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/-3pp-monster-feats/arcing-breath-monster
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/-3pp-general-feats/spell-finesse
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:32:27 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2011, 07:04:24 PM »
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/mother-of-obilivion
Trans-dimensional Tentacles (Su)

A Mother of Oblivion's tentacles allow her to see into and infiltrate multiple planes at once. At all times, a Mother of Oblivion is cognizant of the plane she inhabits bodily and all coterminous planes-such as the Ethereal Plane and Plane of Shadow from the Material Plane. Not only is she aware of these planes and the creatures there, she can reach her tentacles through to attack. By worming her tentacles through the dimensions, a Mother of Oblivion can effectively reach through solid barriers into any area not protected by a dimensional lock or similar effect.

While a Mother of Oblivion can attack and even grapple creatures on other planes, she cannot move creatures from one plane to another.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2011, 07:10:04 PM »
That's fan-created content, but boy is it still really cool. :clap

Zemyla

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Rampant Changeling Fetishist
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2011, 12:29:26 AM »
Well, first, there's one problem with dipping synthesist: You only ever have a +1 BAB, since you use the eidolon's BAB.  So a magic idol singer isn't good.

However, what you can do is have your caster dip into synthesist and take the Head evolution, for a second head.  This qualifies you to take Multivoice, from Savage Species, thus giving you the ability to cast two spells a round as a full-round action.  Now that's worth a dip.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2011, 07:34:59 AM »
Well, first, there's one problem with dipping synthesist: You only ever have a +1 BAB, since you use the eidolon's BAB.  So a magic idol singer isn't good.
Nah, it was clarified in the Flurry of Blows FAQ that when they say something replaces your BAB, they mean it replaces your BAB for that class.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2011, 09:11:59 AM »
Is this... an unfoolable discern lies? Put it on a whip-wielding warforged or something. (screw you, master spy)
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/inheritor-s-crusader

This PrC is interesting, if not incredible.

Also, a masochism PrC.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 09:16:39 AM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2011, 10:13:02 AM »
The Master Spy does seem to be great NPC stock. Harder to use on a PC though, unless the whole party is intrigue focused.
The pirate guy can combine with his ship.
Now we just need an airship.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »
The pirate guy can combine with his ship.
Now we just need an airship.
Shame the duration is so short, otherwise I'd say put it on a Chuck-lite build.
My work

Fadier

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2011, 07:00:24 AM »
Another item for the "what were they smoking" list: Throwing Shield.

All you need is 4 levels of Bloodstorm Blade and to be dealing atleast 1 damage with your throwing shield to get infinite damage with only free actions...

That certainly beats the d2 crusader.
My gift back to the CO community, the The Chameleon Handbook. Humans only.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2011, 08:23:42 PM »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2011, 02:18:11 AM »
Also, Eternal Glacier?
Pretty spectacular, screws full attackers nicely.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2011, 04:28:12 AM »
Also, Eternal Glacier?
Could be worse - unless you also lay down some difficult terrain, they can take a 5-foot step just fine.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:52:56 PM by Prime32 »
My work

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2011, 01:00:04 PM »
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/swarm-skin
Certainly interesting.

Also, Eternal Glacier?

Eternal Glacier is pretty awesome. Swarm Skin is interesting, but I don't understand swarm sizes. How is a swarm comprised of over a thousand of its constituents the same size as one of its constituents?

Also: That wind spell seems to forget that you're surrounded by Tornado force winds. Although... it seems that Pathfinder's weather effects are incredibly poorly defined... the strength check to avoid being checked or blown away by the winds is trivially easy. On the other hand there's no way to tell how difficult the Fortitude save is to simply be sucked into the Tornado and dealt 6d6 damage per round. Disappointing.

Also, where are you getting those numbers for the Time Thief? It gets 4 extra swift actions per day as a 1 level dip, and as far as I can tell taking the class to five levels doesn't grant you any extra features that deal with swift actions, but it would give you 4 more swift actions per day because of how Mote of Time works.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2011, 01:29:16 PM »
Also, Eternal Glacier?
Could be worse - unless you also lay down some difficult terrain, they can take a 5-foot step just fine.
Which is why you have your warforged cohort stop them from moving first.

Also: a wind spell.
Clashing rocks seems kind of meh.

EDIT: 3rd-party class which grants 3 free swift actions per day as a 1-level dip, 5 levels increases that to 5+1d4+Cha mod.

Okay, cursed earth is pretty epic.
A spell that turns people into paladins?
An excommunication spell
It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

Interesting how it makes no note whatsoever of actions practiced under the effect of charm person and similar oddities. Which means the corrupt church member scenario is still a go.

Bestow Grace of the Champion just makes me facepalm. Nice going, Paizo.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]