Author Topic: Interesting stuff in PF  (Read 71514 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Interesting stuff in PF
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2011, 08:29:52 PM »
Another use of Monk of the Empty Hand: Combine with Blood Crow Strike and you can turn anything into a crow. Even your allies, who you can hurl out to Medium range. Or playing cards, mon ami.

Also:
Orc or Half-orc Inquisitor 3/Barbarian 2
Rage Powers: Ferocious Mount
Feats: Amplified Rage, Headlong Rush3.5, ?

Enter rage, sharing it with your mount. Since you're adjacent to a raging ally Solo Tactics then kick in, allowing you to use Amplified Rage, which is also replicated on your mount. Once he hits barbarian lv8 he can pick up Greater Ferocious Mount to share rage powers as well. This guy makes a nice cohort for a Summoner (synthesist) with a quadruped eidolon.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:25:28 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2011, 12:52:33 PM »

Dastardly Finish meanwhile, provides an avenue to take down difficult opponents, just need a reliable daze or fear source.

Use Enforcer + the Rogue's "Frightening" ACF. Take a monk dip.

Make everyone cower in horror as you cripple them without killing them. WITH YOUR THUMBS.

Shame that in PF proper, you cannot stack uses of demoralize to increase fear stages.

Speaking of which, can anyone find me a mundane way for a Ranger/Rogue/future Assassin to scare the shit out of people without using demoralize?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:56:33 PM by Kuroimaken »
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2011, 02:39:30 PM »
Notice in Blood Crow Strike one important thing: duration instantaneous. It lasts forever once cast. Have the party cleric cast it on you once, and you are set.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »
Notice in Blood Crow Strike one important thing: duration instantaneous. It lasts forever once cast. Have the party cleric cast it on you once, and you are set.
Actually, you cast it on an enemy and then you can crowpunch that one enemy forever even if he's on another plane. And whenever he moves he provokes an AoO.
Quote from: Blood Crow Strike, Comments
Reviewed. I almost feel like there should be an Editor's Note that we're aware that this spell doesn't make any damn sense.

It should really be something like:

Blood Crow Strike
Evocation [Fire, Evil]
Level: Cleric/Oracle 4
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Components: S
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: None
Spell resistance: Yes

Until the end of your turn, you can make unarmed strikes against targets out to Medium range (100 ft. + 10 ft./level) as ranged touch attacks. These deal half fire and half negative energy damage. You can make as many of these touch attacks as you could make normal unarmed strikes (including the use of Flurry of Blows).

or

Blood Crow Strike
Evocation [Fire, Evil]
Level: Cleric/Oracle 4
Casting Time: 1 round
Components: S
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: 1 creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell resistance: Yes

As part of casting this spell you make a full attack of unarmed strikes against one target within range as if they were in your threatened area (you may use the Flurry of Blows ability in conjunction with these attacks). Unarmed strikes delivered in this manner deal half fire and half negative energy damage, taking the form of bolts of fire or glowing red crows which fly to strike your target.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:10:30 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2011, 03:14:24 PM »
Quote from: Blood Crow Strike, Comments
Reviewed. I almost feel like there should be an Editor's Note that we're aware that this spell doesn't make any damn sense.

You know what really doesn't make any damn sense? An elasmosaurus and a sphynx both provide the same DC for an Acrobatics check to tumble for no AoOs. Which means they somehow have the same goddamn reaction time.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2011, 03:38:16 PM »
As you probably know, the Heavens Oracle's Awesome Display ability is, well, Awesome.
Awesome Display (Su): Your phantasmagoric displays accurately model the mysteries of the night sky, dumbfounding all who behold them. Each creature affected by your illusion (pattern) spells is treated as if its total number of Hit Dice were equal to its number of Hit Dice minus your Charisma modifier (if positive).
However, I just noticed a fun fact: It doesn't set a minimum amount of HD a creature can be treated as having. So if you affect a bunch of creatures with HD lower than your Cha modifier with, say, Rainbow Pattern, they'd actually add to the amount of HD you can affect.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2011, 03:42:09 PM »
That must be a really really awesome display.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »
Faq says it isn't restricted to oracle spells, as well. Oracle 1/fey sorcerer x? Yeah, still applies to those sorcerer spells.
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2011, 06:30:20 PM »
Also notice that Awesome Display doesn't restrict the effects of the hit die reduction. While it would probably be a bit much to expect to reduce the subject's skills, hit points, saves, class features, and other benefits of having gained the levels whose hit dice are lost, it should at least count for other level-dependent effects while the creatures are affected by your patterns, like the Holy Word line (although that's not as much of an absolute anymore, but whatever) or death by negative levels.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2011, 07:15:25 PM »
Well, it has to be a Pattern spell, which rather takes some of the wind out of those sails.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2011, 02:39:40 AM »
This is indeed interesting, pathfinder on epic levels:
Hit dice, base attack bonuses, and saving throws continue to increase at the same rate beyond 20th level, as appropriate for the class in question.
So no epic attack/save bonus, so you will end up with characters who laugh at one save and literally cannot make another... also no need to burn feats for higher spell levels (although with epic magic in 3.x who needed those anyway), you simply gain a new level of spells and spell slots every odd level. At even levels they get an additional number of spell levels per day equal to their highest available spell slot...

Well... this is handy for those adventurers who forget their bottomless bags, the [urlhttp://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/balanced-scale-of-abadar]balanced scales of some random area[/url] can turn any bag into a bag of holding for hr/class level. Also gives a dandy +2 bonus on those cha checks with outsiders. Of course the prestige class is a divine caster and it references the planar binding spells which are arcane... but hey thats just like the thaumaturgist has the winning flavor of an arcane caster but is a divine only option RAW.

The diabolist prestige class is literally damned, unfortunate if you die, but o so flavorful  :D The extra bonus to cha checks when dealing with devils is very nice, especially being untyped  :devil ... and another flavorful ability, once a day teleport around hell. Such a great pit stop in the middle of adventuring.

Some of the spellblights are rather intruiging, like ebon eyes. Invert everything about light. Or the negated property, which gives your SR that can never be lowered... but you have to pierce it to cast  :lmao
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:08:11 AM by b100d_arrowz »
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2011, 03:34:17 AM »
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2011, 10:08:17 PM »
Be a spellcaster with at least one level of witch. Take the Coven hex. Take the Leadership feat. Have all your followers be lv1 witches with the Coven hex.

Coven (Ex):
Yes, aid another stacks with itself.

EDIT: Sorcerer with the Accursed bloodline also works.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:27:04 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2011, 01:02:37 AM »
  • +20ft speed for 1 round. (1 ki, swift action)
  • +4 dodge bonus to AC for 1 round. (1 ki, swift action)
  • +4 insight bonus on one ability or skill check. (1 ki, swift action)
  • Use CL7 augury as a spell-like ability (1 ki, 1 minute)
  • Use CL7 gaseous form as a spell-like ability (1 ki, standard action)
  • Use CL7 scorching ray as a spell-like ability (2 ki, standard action)
  • Grant an ally within 30 feet the ability to reroll a single attack roll or saving throw. (2 ki, immediate action)

tl;dr - weird stuff for a monk to have. Note that a drunken master/Quinggong monk can use augury at will.
My work

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2011, 01:45:34 AM »
It all seems like it combines to form something that's very effective. Nice.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2011, 02:31:22 AM »
  • Grant an ally within 30 feet the ability to reroll a single attack roll or saving throw. (2 ki, immediate action)

tl;dr - weird stuff for a monk to have. Note that a drunken master/Quinggong monk can use augury at will.

Beer provides clarity and insight into the future.

Obviously.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2011, 09:12:16 AM »

Beer provides clarity and insight into the future.

Obviously.
New definition for Beer Goggles.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2011, 01:02:47 AM »
O Pathfinder artifacts and your silly destruction clauses... the Deck of Many Things can only be destroyed when:
The deck of many things can be destroyed by losing it in a wager with a deity of law. The deity must be unaware of the nature of the deck.
So you have to go wager with a deity, fun in and of itself, but the deity can't know what your trying to pawn off on it... interesting.

This nice shiny suit of bone armor needs you to:
One who has never killed another creature must bind the Armor of Skulls in gold chains (worth 100,000 gp), then slowly shatter the armor by shortening the chain by one link every day for 1,000 days.
....hmmm o you only have to cause catastrophes on every plane of existence to destroy the Codex of the Infinite planes  :nonono
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:36:05 AM by b100d_arrowz »
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2011, 07:15:26 PM »
Another item for the "what were they smoking" list: Throwing Shield.

Along with the Bladed Scabbard, which is just plain pointless (and allows you to place infinite scabbards on one weapon).
My work

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2011, 10:40:38 PM »
Another item for the "what were they smoking" list: Throwing Shield.

Along with the Bladed Scabbard, which is just plain pointless (and allows you to place infinite scabbards on one weapon).

OBVIOUSLY, the answer is Captain America comics.

Make it returning, for the lulz.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]