Author Topic: Interesting stuff in PF  (Read 71512 times)

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Interesting stuff in PF
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2011, 05:40:43 PM »
Utter contempt! Take that you silly diplomancers  :P

Vengeful outrage: Yes mr paladin, that gold dragon did eat your father, you should end him  :devil

Well done with the spells from UM, now to check out more of the feats and try and figure out the word magic and its other fun stuff  :D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 05:42:51 PM by b100d_arrowz »
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2011, 06:27:48 PM »
Utter contempt!

Material Components: Spittle.

Bwahahahaha! :lmao

But seriously, doesn't that seem pathetically weak for a 6th level spell to anyone else?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2011, 06:40:21 PM »
Well, its a double strength reverse charm on everything...so its a spell to make them attack basically anyone who's not already a friend. Hmm. I'd rate it maybe a 4th or so, if it had better range. A 6th level version should be a days long curse.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »
Another "what" spell: Mad Monkeys
Classic  :lmao and actually useful  :smirk
Love that Mad Monkeys, I think Ice Crystal Teleport is supposed to ignore the willing only thing though. Handy for BBEGs to kidnap party members, but not automatically.

Blood Crow Strike has GOT to be for a Use Activated item.

Unconscious creatures are considered willing, so you can still use it to kidnap someone you've KOed. Also note that it has a long range for targeting, rather than teleport's touch range, and that you don't teleport along with the subject (which may be important). You can also use it defensively if needed to get an injured ally away from danger, although the weak ice does make it easy to disrupt.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Wilb

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Troll Blooded Bone Knight at your service!
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2011, 01:17:22 PM »
Is there any possibility that a really crazy DM would allow circle magic caster level insanity, coupled with reserves of strength, to apply to the "reduce payment" clause of the agonize spell to get the bound outsider to pay you?

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »
Is there any possibility that a really crazy DM would allow circle magic caster level insanity, coupled with reserves of strength, to apply to the "reduce payment" clause of the agonize spell to get the bound outsider to pay you?

Considering the "reduce payment" clause specifically calls out a 60% reduction as the cap, I'd say no.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2011, 11:24:11 AM »
An lv10 magus with the Staff Master archetype can recharge staves, albeit slowly. Oh, and he also gets a bonus to attack/damage/AC equal to the caster level of the staff divided by 4, and can wield a staff in one hand.

Never mind, any PF spellcaster can expend a spell slot 1/day to recharge a staff, but they only have 10 charges.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:25:59 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2011, 07:50:45 PM »
The spherewalker PrC advances casting. If you don't have casting it does something interesting instead.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2011, 08:06:05 PM »
The spherewalker PrC advances casting. If you don't have casting it does something interesting instead.
Indeed... I particularly like the swarm shape at the end of it, spells coming from a cloud of butterflies is a hilarious image

VERY interesting thing here with the Pathfinder Savant, the Savant chooses a spell from any list and places it on his own. He also gets to use his caster level instead of the items for spell completion items. Automatic silence on using items to cast magic, be they spell completion, spell trigger, or command word. Spontaneous use of dispel at the last level, not to special since it seems focused on being boring and counterspelling.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 08:11:23 PM by b100d_arrowz »
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2011, 08:09:42 PM »
What a nice take on the concept attempted (and failed) by the Ardent Dilettante (Planar Handbook).

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2011, 08:27:10 PM »
That is cute. Especially the flutterbys.
Some decent spells in that too if you come in without casting.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2011, 09:41:27 PM »
The rules on constructs are up, and they're nuts.

Be a warforged Summoner (Synthesist) with a Construct-looking eidolon and Construct armor, then ride a Construct mount and fluff that as armor too. SEI BAI! Give your Construct armor the shield guardian template and you can call it by shouting its name into an amulet. And wear a Construct on each arm too - heck, give your eidolon more arms just for that purpose.

Did I mention it's possible to apply the Construct armor template to warforged PCs?

One odd point: A Construct limb must be Small or Tiny and "slips over your arm". What if you're Tiny and have a Small Construct? Or you're Colossal and have a Tiny one?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:44:09 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
Third-party but...
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/apprentice

Something similar to a bloodline level for theurge/gish types.

Also, this could be interesting with Construct Armor
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/armor-bonded

Terribly designed though. Seriously, you have a choice between "your type changes to Construct but you still gain half benefit from healing" and "by expending great effort you can temporarily make your face look less metallic"?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:42:31 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2011, 12:57:31 PM »
Just realised. 1 level of Summoner (synthesist) lets you pick up 3 evolutions. One evolution grants a +8 racial bonus to some skill checks.

Pick Perform, Disguise, and a minor SLA (or two Perform skills). Put the rest of your levels in bard with the celebrity archetype. You are now a Magic Idol Singer.

On another note, your eidolon does not need to have the same body type as you, so you can merge with a quadrupedal eidolon to be a fake werewolf, or play a monster and do stuff like this.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:04:13 PM by Prime32 »
My work

AleksanderTheGreat

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2011, 01:13:50 PM »
That's a cool idea, but the eidolon is translucent so I don't think it works like we would want it to.
Quote from: Sephirothsword117
Quote from: Solo
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.
I'm inclined to disagree. People work hard on there characters, there personality, back ground, appearance, so forth. No one wants there character that they have invested time, energy, thought, and probably emotion in to be killed because they didn't take strong enough feats or skills or spells or what have you.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2011, 01:29:45 PM »
That's a cool idea, but the eidolon is translucent so I don't think it works like we would want it to.
That's what the bonus to Disguise checks is for. And just say your eidolon consists of a collection of gloves, frills, etc.

A synthesist dip can also be useful for a rogue, granting bonuses to Disable Device, Perception and Stealth. Presumably if you take enough damage to destroy the eidolon you've reached the point where stealth isn't helpful anyway (assuming you don't just transfer the damage to yourself). And after that point you can still use your summoned monsters to spring traps.

Extra Evolution is definitely superior to Skill Focus, and Evolved Familiar can apply it to a familiar with no summoner levels needed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:28:42 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2011, 02:10:36 PM »
Use a Childlike Halfling as the base so you can take 10 on the Bluff to see you through, you're a Cha caster with a +8 to skill of choice, you'd be able to tell people the moon is green cheese if you wanted.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2011, 02:15:23 PM »
Use a Childlike Halfling as the base so you can take 10 on the Bluff to see you through, you're a Cha caster with a +8 to skill of choice, you'd be able to tell people the moon is green cheese if you wanted.
And so you turn from a kid to a teenager when you transform.
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2011, 07:38:14 PM »
A monk 1 with the Monk of the Empty Hand archetype can treat any weapon as an improvised weapon. Including alchemist bombs. And then he can apply this feat to them.
EDIT: Thanks to veekie for suggesting the Master Chymist PrC for this combo.

Here's a build which combines this trick with the above one. Monks can benefit very handsomely from eidolon fusion (many evolutions enhance natural weapons), as can venerable creatures.

Venerable gnome (pyromaniac) Monk (monk of the empty hand) 1/Summoner (synthesist) 1/Alchemist 6/Master chymist 10/Alchemist +2
Discoveries: Fast bombs, ?, ?, ?
Eidolon (Quadruped): Limbs (arms), Pounce
Feats: Carmendine Monk3.5, Improved Critical (bomb), Improvised Weapon Mastery

Dump your physical stats in favour of mental ones, since they'll be covered up by your eidolon. Synthesist is the new Lion Totem.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 04:31:24 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2011, 08:27:42 PM »
For the Discoveries, Infusion is practically a given if you have a party, but otherwise for proof of concept, Smoke Bomb + Stink Bomb(because after dealing all that damage you want them to be unable to act to boot) or Feral Mutagen(more more more natural weapons on the pouncer!).
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]