Author Topic: RKV Domains  (Read 1258 times)

tealjohn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
RKV Domains
« on: May 10, 2011, 05:05:49 AM »
Hey all, I'm looking at building a RKV, is there any way to get domains that aren't the shitty Wee Jas domains? I'll also need some suggestions for better domains (this'll be the first cleric I've built). I'm specifically looking for domains that grant me more turning pools, or extra turning, so I can power DMM.

Thanks.
STUPID TWOS!!!!

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: RKV Domains
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 05:08:14 AM »
Ask your DM about the adaptation section, where you can be a RKV of any deity.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

tealjohn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 05:16:50 AM »
I'd like to keep it by the books, but it might be an option.
STUPID TWOS!!!!

Empirate

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 09:26:10 AM »
Going from a Cloistered Cleric base, you'd get Knowledge as a bonus domain, regardless of you deity. Some PrCs also grant bonus domains, but most often have the clause "choose one domain from among those your deity offers". I'd still look into it, as some PrCs offer specific bonus domains, some of which might be good. You can afford another dip (and loss of maneuver progression) if it really brings the DMM cheese home.
I'd also look into getting a couple of Nightsticks (Libris Mortis) for your turning attempt needs.

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 10:44:05 AM »
Depending on your DM and campaign setting, you can either substitute other gods for Wee Jas, or go without a patron deity.
I took Kossuth, Destruction(1 Smite/day, can get more with the Extra Smite Feat) & Renewal(Emergency Heal) for my faerunian RKV.
If you go with a concept instead of a deity, just match any two of Darkness, Destiny, Healing, Law, Metal, Nobility, Patience, Protection, Retribution, Shadow, Strength, Temerance, Trickery, Tyranny, War, Wrath & Zeal. There might be more, that fit with your DM's view of a "[Whatever] Knight Vindicator", but the above are what I've given a player to choose from.

@ More Turn attempts:
There's an Item, Reliquiary Holy Symbol, that will grant additional turning attempts(IIRC 1-3, depending on various prerequisites).

In Power of Faerun there also is a Feat(Heretic of the Faith) that lets you choose 1 of your domains regardless of what your deity offers.
Combine that with the Spell Substitute Domain(Complete Champion), and you should be able to get any domain you might need(provided time to prepare the spell and cast ist) for a few days at least(you can always renew the spell, before it expires).

Of course, if you're in Faerun and your DM agrees with me: Kossuth does offer the Fire domain...