Author Topic: Buffing Forevermore with the War Weaver?  (Read 1210 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Buffing Forevermore with the War Weaver?
« on: May 10, 2011, 05:02:04 AM »
Heroes of Battle 113 has this clause regarding Quiescent Weaving:

"As a move action, you can release all the spells in your quiescent weaving. They immediately and instantaneously take effect in the order they were cast."

An effect with an instantaneous duration in 3.5 means it's permanent, but can't be dispelled.  It isn't subject to an antimagic field.  It's just on.

What are your thoughts?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
Re: Buffing Forevermore with the War Weaver?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 05:16:48 AM »
No. Instantaneously =/= instantaneous duration. It's the same as "instantly." It means it happens right away. The effect still lasts however long it would normally.

Troll harder, Enda.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 10:07:31 AM »
No. Instantaneously =/= instantaneous duration. It's the same as "instantly." It means it happens right away. The effect still lasts however long it would normally.

Troll harder, Enda.
This.

Handy Links

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:54:56 AM »
Always trying to make the tier 1's and tier 0's more powerful, ain't ya? Seriously, READ THE FUCKING RULES DUDE.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]