Author Topic: a bit of help with Cleric maximizing please  (Read 5720 times)

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Re: a bit of help with Cleric maximizing please
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 01:03:46 PM »
That sounds really nice indeed. Have you got a page reference, ninjarabbit?

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 01:19:47 PM »
That sounds really nice indeed. Have you got a page reference, ninjarabbit?
Favored of Bahamut/Tiamat (Dragon Magic, p 13): Lose weapon focus and specialization. Gain claw attacks, add some sorcerer spells to your spells known list, add the dragon touched feat. Grow dragon wings instead of your normal wings. Gain damage resistance 10/epic instead of normal resistance.

JynxSilverfoot

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 09:06:47 PM »
If your playing a cleric and feel its your job to heal the party then there are many options open to you, however you can do so much more than that. I play an exalted Radiant Servant of Pelor (human for bonus feat) and mostly do AOE against evil via sanctified spells. Book of Exalted Deeds has a list of sanctified spells that let clerics spontaneously cast off of. Including some decent tank buffs for yourself.
"While wizards, druids, rangers, and paladins can all prepare
sanctified spells, clerics have a special advantage: they can spontaneously
cast any sanctified spell, just as they can spontaneously
cast cure wounds spells."   Page 84 BoED

Look outside the PH for your spell choices. It can make your life much easier in the way of healing. If healing is your bag then here are my personal favorites for clerics in the initial trials of healing.

Spell Compendium---Close wounds, Panacea, Revenance + Revivify (if your Dm will allow the combo) Vigor and its other versions, Renewal pact.
Complete Champion--Healing circle, Darts of life.
Book of Exalted Deeds--Blood of the martyr, Hearts ease.
Players Handbook 2--Healing spirit.

Some are great, some are ok. Just find what works for you. Save spells for combat, buy a wand of cure light to use outside of combat. But remember, you aren't just a healer. You have tons of options. Cleric can tank, skill jock, heal, and crowd control.  Your options are as plentiful as Wizard.    :D
DM "You can do that?????"
Me "Only if you let me. You should say no to be safe."
DM "Ok then, no that isn't allowed."
Me "Good call, I appreciate your learning skills. You level up as a DM and I get to work harder to be amazing. We both win. Expect this meeting to happen every time I level."

archeldian

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 11:50:30 PM »
wow ooh i was wondering what book LoF is. i got some tips from a guy that used to be in my group but he wont tell me what book LoF is or LoM

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 12:45:37 AM »
wow ooh i was wondering what book LoF is. i got some tips from a guy that used to be in my group but he wont tell me what book LoF is or LoM

LoM is Lords of Madness, the aberration book.
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 06:51:02 AM »
this page :smirk

archeldian

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 08:09:50 PM »
sweet thats rad

Bigtuna

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011, 07:19:01 AM »
If Dm allows UA - you could take prestige paladin 2 for divine grace + Serenity (dra. comp) Then Cha isn't important anymore... With Zen arcery you have wis to spells, saves, to hit (ranged), turn attempts,  prestige paladin 2 cost you a Cl, but being SAD is just nice....