Author Topic: Looking for GM for a Saga game  (Read 9245 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Looking for GM for a Saga game
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 11:03:08 AM »
I'm in. I saw this last night but the site went down when i went to reply. My friend bailed on this game, saying his new job made a PbP not workable for him. I am vaguely familiar with DoD and know some of what happens in it.

For character concept I'll likely try my hand at melee (since my FtF guy is a tech/heavy weapons guy) but i'm not sure if I want to be a force sensitive or not.

Question. Is there any way you will allow a house rule to trade a class feat for something else? I'm debating if I want to go unarmed or vibro-wepon but if I do either and am force sensitive I'll have to be human and was looking at something else. I'm looking at going soldier or scout and would trade out either Med armor or Rifle/pistol prof. for my combat style feat.
Nevermind I've decided to not go the force sensitive route. I'll save that for another game I guess.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:24:02 PM by archangel.arcanis »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 11:59:56 AM »
Well, personally, I'm out of town right now with limited internet access, or I'd be going through and coming up with ideas for myself. I'll see what I can piece together though.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 01:00:50 PM »
It looks like the only non-force using melee PrCs are in KotOR. So I guess i'm making a human (probably, since I may wait until level 2 to start with melee) glow stick user if I want to do melee. I guess that is ok I was having issues making everything else work out how I wanted anyway.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 06:49:55 PM »
I've got a better idea of where I'm going now.

Sluissi Scoundrel 4/Scout 2/ something or another 1/ Sabetour prestige class (eventually, scoundrel and scout levels interspersed).

Talents I'm probably going with are Personalized Modifications (Starships p17), Traceless Tampering (Force Unleashed p28), and Security Slicer (Force Unleashed p27).

Long story short, focusing on making things and hacking/disabling things.  Might throw some explosives expertise and sneakiness in there too.  My feats are going to show the same focus, I'll be at least somewhat effective in combat as well.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:11:59 AM by Nanshork »
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »
My thought right now is a Trandoshan Jedi, wait it gets even stranger, raised by Aing-Tii monks. This culture reversal will lead him to hunting slavers instead of being one, like many of his race.

Combat trick will be Dark Rage made non-darkside by many shades of the force. I plan on doing scout for first level to nab evasion and have some skills. Beyond that i'm not too sure, but am looking for what to do when we are in ship combat or non-combat situations.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 07:55:37 PM »
I was thinking of jedi as well, really focusing on that on-the-run, in-hiding aspect, but if archangel's going jedi, I may want to go with something else, instead. I'll take a look soon once I get a chance to look through the books again (after tuesday, probably).

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 07:58:45 PM »
Well don't change just because of my guy. I'd be fine with there being another jedi, I actually almost wish this was in the Legacy era just to have 2 Imperial Knights tag teaming someone.

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 10:30:08 PM »
Arch, Galaxy at War has a really good PrC for melee, Martial Arts Master. I ran a GM PC with that PrC in the F2F DoD campaign I ran. Was a pretty effective class. Especially when you use Teras Kai talents which is a tree from Threats of the Galaxy. Feel free to use that tree out of there. I didn't list it in the allowed as I forgot some things are in there usable by players.

I also played around with a Wookiee Martial Arts Master trained in Wrruushi, but I liked my Wookiee dual Rykk Blade wielding scout better.
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 11:07:50 PM »
Take you time guys, no rush. We still have to hear from two others who posted their interest in playing earlier. Need to know if they are still playing. If not we could open it up to two more players.

Arch your friend is definitely not interested in playing? If not we ca open it up for that extra spot right away.

In the mean time I will put up the info on Sel Zonn Station to help with getting your characters there through your backgrounds. I am also working on getting the maps I have made to work through GIMP. I am still learning the program though so it is slow going atm. I really only need it to add fog layers to certain maps.

I will have some additional info out soon.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 12:51:45 AM »
I'm still interested. Currently thinking about a Human mercenary, I do love the Gunslinger archetype. Like, a lot. Seriously. I never get tired of it.
Ever.

The plan is something like Soldier 8/Elite Trooper 3/Gunslinger 9.
Plain 'ol muscle, showing the universe why the common blaster pistol is the best invention since blueberry muffins. :D
Will probably be busy with university stuff most of the time, but I do think I can spare some five minutes here and there to keep posting my actions and responses. Besides, it's not everyday SWSE comes up around here. I'd be crazy to skip the opportunity.

I'm vaguely familiar with DoD, but I've never played it and I don't remember any details about the campaign.

I'll have a background for Corran Strakhov up ASAP.

Question: Do we randomize starting credits as normal, or is there some kind of average we should use?
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2011, 01:22:15 AM »
Go ahead and random up the starting creds using Invisible Castle. Just drop me a PM with the amount of creds you have come up with along with the link on IC.

Here is some brief info on the space station your characters will be staring out on;

Sel Zonn Station

An XQ2 Platform orbiting the world of Brentaal. Like many others of it's kind over the merchantile planet it's purpose is mostly as a waystation for passengers and cargo before being transported down to the planet. Many of the stations passengers use the stations orbiting Brentaal to find transport to other locations throughout the galaxy. The station has lodgings for brief layovers, docking/refueling facilities for most transports and light freighters, even a main entertainment and shopping level.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 01:30:36 AM »
Grrrr, I had typed up a SWSE version of Ammo for you GM questions during my lunch today and now I can access it from home. I will just have to email the onenote to myself tomorrow and copy it to a post.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 02:40:31 AM »
I'm likely going to port over some of the background I had come up with for my last SWSE character, being a jedi not long out of padawan training under his master, who died defending the PC and allowing him to escape from the purge. It's a simple outline, perhaps a little stock, but I'll flesh it out soon enough.

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 03:59:28 AM »
I'm out of town until tomorrow. Still unterested though. Atm thinking about either a jedi or a 'lone gunman' type of char

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »
I put you down Lord.

Venn, Nothing wrong with that. I imagine would have happened many times over throughout the galaxy, with the Clone Wars and the Great Jedi Purge many Master would have left behind their padawans after death. Since DoD takes place just a short time after the War ends, your master could have easily died for any number of reasons.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 11:35:20 AM »
Yeah my friend said he definitely isn't playing.

I hadn't looked at the talent tree in Threats of the Galaxy but had looked at the martial artist, and was working on one when I decided I couldn't keep up on damage with the rest of the group.

Melblen do you have any issues with what I've laid out for my character? I posted a brief bit about my character on a SW:Saga forum and that I had planned on using dark rage combined with many shades of the force and was greeted with responses of "I wouldn't allow that" and "it stinks of cheese and power gaming". I just wanted to make it clear if you were ok with that plan of action.

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 11:39:47 AM »
Looks like archangel.arcanis is going exactly for the kind of jedi i had un mind (dark rage+msotf).  Akso, i've played one before and it's not overwhelmingly powerful (un a party with a burst fire soldier and a CT sniper, i wasn't overshadowing anyone ) Do we have a pilot?

PS: i suggest putting a min level requirement in skill focus:use the force. At very low level it makes force powers autohit (at lvl 1 you're rolling d20+5(trained)+5(sf)+stat vs. a defence of 11-13+stat).

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 01:59:37 PM »
If a slot comes open, I'm interested.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 05:17:14 PM »
If a slot comes open, I'm interested.
Unless I'm mistaken there should be an opening, though I could be wrong.

Still working on how my character will play out. I'm fairly certain I'll try and focus on a single big hit every round, taking as few penalties as possible due to my lower BaB.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 05:34:17 PM »
@Lord  I don't believe we have a pilot, though I could take the Starship Designer feat if everybody things I should.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self