Author Topic: Creating 'Legendary Fighter', competition, are there prizes?  (Read 74868 times)

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
PHB races only
No templates
No ToB prestige
Maximum of four classes

32pt 1:1 buy

After having read the 'make a fighter t3' thread for a while I am wondering what can be made of the concept of a melee monster, a Conan for want of a better word. Does it have to be a Gish, or are there other options that could fulfill this role?

For classes so far I considered some variation of the below, perhaps using warblade over Crusader:
Lion Totem Barbarian 1 / Warblade 4 / Deep Warden 2 / Warblade 12 / Crusader 1

IL10 Crusader
IL17 Warblade
Pounce
Con to AC

No matter how I look at it though, it just can't compete with joe schmoe gish. If only there was a way to get into Illithid Slayer sooner...

How would you build your own personal combat machine, will it be mundane, will it be magical, will it have 60ft reach or will it be something completely unexpected? I look forward to seeing some interesting responses :love

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Creating 'Legendary Fighter', competition, are there prizes?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 08:01:53 PM »
Truthfully it's almost impossible to compete against spells like polymorph, haste, time stop, and the like. And it's not just the raw power but also the flexibility, a decently made gish can buff, debuff, battlefield control, blast, and have utility outside of combat. Plus gishes get feats like arcane strike, improved familiar,and minor shapeshift which tip the scale even further. Overall a decently built gish is tier 2 while the best non-magical warrior is teir 3 at best.

Anyways I'll keep my combat monster simple, human battlesorcerer7/abjurantchampion5/battlesorcerer12. 16 BAB, 20 CL

Feats;
1-combat casting, improved initative
3-power attack
6-arcane strike
9-improved familiar (salt mephit)
12-minor shapeshift
15-fly by attack
18-anything you want

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 08:26:39 PM »
CoDWilla 17 / horizon walker 1 / archmagerophant 2

The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 08:34:58 PM »
Arcane (unarmed) Swordsage20

spam the polymorph line all day!

if you get board of that, take the True Believer feat(Boccob) so you can use a Tome of Ancient Lore(Complete Divine) to learn any new arcane spell every day

if you can't find one, take leadership for an artificer cohort and have one made

Edit: the book has to wait until you have 9HD apparently... plenty of time to find one
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:09:32 AM by JohnnyMayHymn »
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »
I agree.  Even non-9 gish builds are pretty strong, such as

Duskblade3/paladin2/abjurant1/SA1/abjurantchampion+4/swiftblade9.

I also like the idea of a divine crusader gish but those sometimes depend upon the dm ruling
Mystic Ranger2/Lion Totem Barb1/BattleDancer1/Knight of the Raven2/(xxx full bab1, possibly exotic weapon master if you go with a deity that has an exotic weapon)/Divine Crusader1/Knight of the Raven+1/Prestige Paladin4/Ordained Champion3/Divine Disciple4.

Sorc2/Ruathar3/Inc1/Swift6/Abjurant5/Inc+3
Requires Flaws
1st, Human, Flaws:  Versatile, Heighten, Sanctum, Dodge (Retrain if you can as needed)
3rd, Mobility
Buy Iron Will
6th:  Combat Casting
9th:  Extend Spell(Open if you were able to retrain Heighten and Sanctum)
12th:  Persistent Spell(Open as above)
15th:  Anything you want
18th:  Anything you want

For a character that only gets light spellcasting from champion of guenhwaryf
Warblade1/Fighter2/Barb1/Warblade+2/Frenzied Berserker4-5(replace 5 with another warblade level if you want)/Champion of Guenharwyf 10

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:07:27 AM »
So mostly it ends up being Gish base, or multiclassing more than the four times permissable.

Where Wizard can get away without multiclassing, it seems like a mundane/martial needs to do it as much as possible to make up for the lack of decent class features. Shame that.

Tr011

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • preparing arcane spellcaster
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 09:37:53 AM »
But it's funny how a Martial character CAN multiclass, a wizard has allways some problems because he needs a high spell progression. But ofc martial is underpowered in 3.5

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 11:03:25 AM »
I think that some of what has happened is that 3.0-3.5 created some new mechanics for martial classes that aren't as well supported as spells, so the PHB already had a lot of spells converted from 2nd ed (some of which were broken as soon as they were converted) while any of the new martial mechanics (TOB mostly) only had one book.  Wizards are still broken powerful in a game with just the core rulebooks but TOB characters would probably seem broken powerful in a game with just the core + TOB, at least in comparison to the martial characters.

Eardatch

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »
Human
Rogue (Feat variant) 2/Lion totem Barbarian 1/Warblade 3/Crusader 2/Warblade +12
Feats: Able Learner (Human Bonus), Endurance (Warblade bonus), Iron Will (Otyugh Hole), Combat Reflexes (Warblade Bonus), Blindfight (Warblade Bonus), Steadfast Determination, Indomitable Soul, Stand Still, Power Attack, Exotic Weapon Prof (Awl Pike), Mage Slayer, Pierce Magical Concealment, Improved Combat Reflexes (The Dragon feat, not the Epic one), Resolute (alternate fighter class feature in place of 2nd fighter feat from rogue)
Warblade IL: 17, Crusader IL: 11
Primary Stance: Thicket of Blades
Str: 16 +5 levels +6 enhance +5 tome = 32
Dex: 16 +2 tome +6 enhance = 24
con: 14 +2 tome +6 enhance = 22
int: 14 +2 tome +6 enhance = 22
wis: 8
cha:8

Fort: 14 base +5 enhance +6 con = +25, no auto-fail on a 1 (Steadfast determination)
Ref: 8 base +5 enhance +7 dex (+6 int) = +20 (+26), evasion
Will: 5 base +5 enhance +6 con (steadfast determination) +2 iron will +1 mage slayer (+9 resolute) = +19 (+28), roll twice for fear or mind affecting (indomitable soul)

Assuming a +5 devoted spirit weapon sizing awl pike: +38/+33/+28/+23 (1d8+21/x3) +6 to hit/damage on AoOs, 15' reach (30' if enlarged). A little power attack and the lock-down should be unsavable except on a 20, and with improved combat reflexes we get two tries to lock them down.

Standard Lock-down build. Wield a Sizing Awl-pike so you can hit closer enemies at -2 by shrinking the weapon. Could do better with flaws or if you can retrain hand crossbow proficiency into awl pike proficiency with weapon aptitude. Could squeeze in Stormguard warrior and Robilars with both those
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:56:20 PM by Eardatch »

Eardatch

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 12:51:44 PM »
oops, double post

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 09:31:29 PM »
Psychic warrior is the strongest T3 class out there, and can keep up with T1 classes easily enough, despite taking the BSF role.

If you're not convinced, check it. That can easily solo encounters several CRs above 12, assuming it's played intelligently, and it's capable of dealing with tons of different situations.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Sir Giacomo

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 05:25:26 PM »
Psychic warrior is the strongest T3 class out there, and can keep up with T1 classes easily enough, despite taking the BSF role.

If you're not convinced, check it. That can easily solo encounters several CRs above 12, assuming it's played intelligently, and it's capable of dealing with tons of different situations.

I dunno. That build looks fairly impressive, but it relies too heavily on a polymorph effect which I have come to learn is shunned by quite a few posters here.

I'll think on a level 20 monk that is better. :)

- Giacomo

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 05:29:14 PM »

I dunno. That build looks fairly impressive, but it relies too heavily on a polymorph effect which I have come to learn is shunned by quite a few posters here.

I'll think on a level 20 monk that is better. :)

- Giacomo
Good luck building a LEVEL TWENTY monk that's better than a LEVEL ELEVEN psychic warrior, "Giacomo".

No, seriously. I'm not sure it's possible.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 05:30:40 PM »
You forget, the monk can use his WLB to hire someone to kill the psychic warrior.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »
You forget, the monk can use his WLB to hire someone to kill the psychic warrior.
...Crap. You're right.

Hey, it's challenge time! Let's see how many mooks my psywar can kill!

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 05:37:55 PM »
As long as you are using ToB, Warblade 20 is pretty much tier 3.

Also, whether one build of a class can be made to keep up doesn't matter that much IMO. I for one prefer Warblades to Psychic Warriors because you pretty much can't go wrong with Warblades. Unless you choose completely garbage manoeuvres, which is pretty much impossible.

Psychic warrior can be played terribly, as it often relies on quite a few feats to make it possible.

Psychic warrior is still better than Monk, unless you take nothing but bad powers, only invest ranks in Profession and put all your stat points into Int.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Sir Giacomo

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 05:46:27 PM »
Oopsey, 11th level it is then - or rather 12 (you forgot your XP costs for crafting).  ;)

- Giacomo

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »
Oopsey, 11th level it is then - or rather 12 (you forgot your XP costs for crafting).  ;)

- Giacomo
Hey, you're free to use your XP for crafting.

Oh, wait. :p

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 06:16:23 PM »
My favorite tie 3 melee class is the duskblade. Damage output on par with a barbarian combined with a minor in debuffing (channeled touch offatigue, ray of emfeeblement, enervation, etc) and a little bit of utility especially if you take the obtain familiar feat.

Sir Giacomo

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 10:58:43 AM »
with my comments on where the problems are in his build in blue at the end of each spoiler  , including a comparison to my monk build.
PART ONE (due to posting limit)

Level 12 lawful good human monk, 32 pt buy, standard wbl
 [spoiler]
BASIC SETUP
Substitution levels:
1 Decisive Strike
2 Invisible Fist
3 Wall Walker
4 Holy Strike
5 Planar Monk (fire resistance 5)
9 Invisible Fist

STATS
STR 20 (15 start, 3 stat gains, +2 enhance)
DEX 16 (14 start, +2 enhance)
CON 16 (14 start, +2 enhance)
INT 14
WIS 16 (14 start, +2 enhance)
CHR 8

FEATS
1 Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist (Monk Bonus)
1 Improved Initiative (Human Bonus)
1 Setting Sun Stance: Step of the Wind
Note: at level 1, weapon focus-unarmed strike is taken and later retrained to the setting sun stance when the item of mighty throw and necessary initiator level is obtainedItem FamiliarItem Familiar (divide cost/2; XP cost: 2,488)
INT 10, WIS 12, CHR 10; lawful good. Ego Score: 4
With +1 spot/listen/sense motive/healing can help its master via aid another
GMW 1/day level 12 (12,960)
 +2 WIS (4,000)
 +2 CON (4,000)
Necklace of Nat. Attack +1, Setting Sun Discipline Weapon (12,900, x1.5 cost)
Added special ability: +1 equivalent enhancement/Warning
Torc of the Titans (4,950, x1.5 cost)
Enlarge 5/Day, lvl 1 (2,700, x1.5 cost)
Necklace of Adaptation    (13,500, x1.5 cost)
Heartseeking Amulet (4,500, x1.5 cost)
Mage Armour 5/day, lvl  1 (2,700, x1.5 cost)

KEY COMBAT STATISTICS:
ATTACK BONUS: +21/+16 (9 BAB, +5 STR, +1 enhance, +3 martial discipline weapon, +3 insight)
Can be boosted by +2 blink/invisibility, +2 in difficult terrain, +4 tripped foe, +2 charge/flanking due to superior movement skills. Deduct -2 when snap kick is used.
3/day touch attack possible via heartseeking amulet effect.
TRIP Modifier: +9 (+5 STR, +4 improved trip).
Can be boosted by +4 (in difficult terrain/step of the wind stance), +4 mighty throw maneuver, +5 enlarge, +5 torc of the titans effect, for a total of +27 (exceeding, for instance, by 5 points the trip modifiers of a storm giant or by 4 that of a CR 15 adult red dragon).
STUNNING FIST DC: 21 (6 level, 3 WIS, 2 ki straps), 23 when attacking with decisive strike.
DAMAGE/hit: 8d6+9 (STR +5, enhance +1, insight +3, 2d6 base enhanced to colossal 8d6 damage by improved natural attack/fanged ring and greater mighty wallop). When attacking with decisive strike, this amount doubles to 16d6+12.
This can be enhanced with enlarge to 12d6+10 (24d6+20 with decisive strike). And, of course, with torc of the titans effect occasionally by another +5 damage (+10 with decisive strike).
AC: 20 (+3 DEX, +3 WIS, +2 monk, +1 deflection, +1 natural); 19 touch AC, 17 flat-footed.
Can be boosted by +4 (mage armour buff), +3 (fighting defensively) and +4 (vs tripped foe).
SAVES: +12 for Fort/Refl/Will
INITIATIVE: +12 (DEX, feat, warning)
HIT POINTS: 89 (12d8, max 1st level, CON bonus)
Note that the monk can heal 24 hp/day, effectively raising the hp total tolerable over the day to 113.
MOVE: 70ft (land, up to 60ft vertically), 100ft (flying, good), 15ft (swimming as a move action)
REACH: 5ft (unarmed)/10ft (spiked chain), can be expanded to 15ft/20ft via greatreach bracers, or 10ft/20ft with enlarge, or even 20ft/30ft via enlarge AND greatreach bracers
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Keep in mind, these are only his favored forms for scouting and attack. He has the option to turn into anything with 11 hit dice or below that isn't outsider, undead, elemental, or construct (though his psicrystal can access the construct forms, if he wants it to). His psicrystal can access any form he can, whenever he goes transformer on someone.

Alright. This psychic warrior build has both metamorphosis
[/spoiler]

Comparison of equipment and power research:
[spoiler]Note that psychic reformation was utilized with various psionic powers, as well as the Craft Psionic Arms and Armor and Craft Universal Items feats (both from the XPH), and Extraordinary Artisan and Legendary Artisan feats (both from the Eberron Campaign Setting, which reduce the base cost by 25% for the purposes of gp and xp costs when creating items). Magic Item Compendium rules for item property stacking is in full force (ie, no 50% markup for common item qualities).

List of equipment:
1 psychoactive skin of proteus (crafted), 1 deep crystal +1 elvencraft bow of the wintermoon/+1 quarterstaff of suppression (partially crafted), 20 +1 manifester arrows (crafted), periapt of Wis +6/Con +6/mighty fists +1 (crafted), goggles of night [crafted], ring of sustenance [crafted], 4 psionic tattoos: bite of the wolf (crafted, ML 1), 4 psionic tattoos: chameleon (crafted, ML 1), 2 psionic tattoos: expansion (crafted, ML 1), 50 mundane arrows, 20 adamantine arrows, 50 cold iron arrows, 50 alchemical silver arrows, 135.25 gp in mundane equipment (a blanket, a backpack, etc)

Equipment Breakdown: bite of the wolf (200 gp, crafted, ML 1): 37.5 gp, 3 xp
-4 psionic tattoos, chameleon (200 gp, crafted, ML 1): 37.5 gp, 3 xp
-2 psionic tattoos, expansion (100 gp, crafted, ML 1): 18.75 gp, 2 xp
-50 mundane arrows (not crafted): 2.5 gp
-20 adamantine arrows (not crafted): 1,202.5 gp
-50 cold iron arrows (not crafted): 5 gp
-50 alchemical silver arrows (not crafted): 102.5 gp
-Mundane gear: 135.25 gp

Power research
Psychic reformation: 800 xp
Schism: 800 xp
Metamorphosis: 800 xp
Ectoplasmic cocoon: 600 xp

1,100 xp spent on two manifestations of psychic reformation (50 xp per level as a total character rebuild to account for powers and feats for item creation).

For a total of 88,000 gp and 10,759/12,000 xp spent
The market value of all of his equipment is 227,656.25 gp

Something I noticed a bit later are two more things: First, how did Lycanthromancer get the prerequisites for the arcane items (the +6 stat boosters, the forge ring for ring of sustenance, the goggles of night?. Second, I am not quite sure how the psychic reformation of the 5 (!) item creation feats he mentioned worked and when. Probably it is not necessary to delve more deeply into this item creation thing since the wbl is exceeded so much, anyhow. 
[/spoiler]

Comparison of feat, and skill rank, and powers allocation:
[spoiler]Feats: (In order) 1. Able Learner, Darkstalker, Improved Initiative. 2. Link Power. 3. Psionic Meditation. 5. Zen Archery. 6. Psicrystal Affinity (Nimble). 8. Expanded Knowledge (share pain). 9. Metamorphic Transfer. 10. Expanded Knowledge (telekinetic thrust).

Mental Skills: Autohypnosis +21 (11 ranks+2 synergy+8 Wis), Knowledge (Psionics) +12 (7 ranks+2 synergy+3 Int), Knowledge (History) +10 (7 ranks+3 Int), Listen +17 (7 ranks+2 psicrystal+8 Wis), Psicraft +12 (7 ranks+2 synergy+3 Int), Sense Motive +11 (3 ranks+8 Wis), Spot +17 (7 ranks+2 psicrystal+8 Wis)

Physical Skills: Concentration +? (7 ranks + ? Con), Hide +? (7 ranks + ? Dex), Move Silently +? (7 ranks + ? Dex)

Psionic Powers: (power points: 79) 1. claws of the beast, hammer, inertial armor, offensive precognition. 2. strength of my enemy, hustle, **share pain. 3. greater concealing amorpha, claws of the vampire, *ectoplasmic cocoon, **telekinetic thrust. 4. *metamorphosis, *schism.

*Researched
**Expanded Knowledge

On the power research: see my comments avove. Psychic reformation to swap out the item creation feats is a good idea, but ever since PHB II open to all classes via retraining (and without XP cost there).
The number of feats of monk and psychic warrior is quite close (both get bonus feats, although the psychic warrior is one ahead).
In the skill point and skill range area, though, the psychic warrior is vastly inferior. The vital concentration skill stands out as quite low to manifest defensively,  or in a grapple, for instance (which can happen quite often for a melee-oriented psychic warrior such as this one).

[/spoiler]

Comparison of stats, including item familiar and (unbuffed) psicrystal:
[spoiler]Psicrystal 11 (nimble)
Diminutive construct
Original hit points: Initiative: Speed: 30 ft/climb 20 ft, fly 50 ft (poor)
Armor Class: 30 (10+3 Dex+8 inertial armor +4 size+5 natural armor), touch 18, flat-footed 27
Attack bonus/Grapple: +12/-9
Attack: Claw +7 melee (1d6-5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +7 melee (1d6-5)
Space/Reach: 1 ft/0 ft
Special Attacks: --
Special Qualities: Construct traits, hardness 8, psicrystal special abilities (Alertness, improved evasion, personality (nimble), self-propulsion, share powers, sighted, telepathic link (1 mile), deliver touch powers, telepathic speech, flight, power resistance 26)
Saving throws: Abilities: Str 1 Dex 17 (15+2 HD) Con -- Int 11 Wis 10 Cha 10
Racial Skill Bonuses: +8 Climb (uses Dex instead of Str, and can take 10)
Feats: Darkstalker, Lifesense, Improved Natural Attack (bite), Flyby Attack
Mental Skills: Autohypnosis +13 (11 ranks+2 synergy), Knowledge (Psionics) +9 (7 ranks+2 synergy), Knowledge (History) +7 (7 ranks), Listen +7 (7 ranks), Psicraft +9 (7 ranks+2 synergy), Sense Motive +3 (3 ranks), Search +4 (4 ranks), Spot +7 (7 ranks)
 Physical Skills: Climb +11 (+3 Dex, +8 race), Concentration +7 (7 ranks), Hide +21 (7 ranks+2 Dex+12 size), Move Silently +9 (7 ranks+2 Dex)

[/spoiler]

His unmetamorphosis
[spoiler]Human psychic warrior 11 (psywar 12 before crafting)
Medium humanoid (human)
Average hit points: 53+Con=108 (216 with share pain)
Power points: 79
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30 ft
Armor Class: 17 (10+8 inertial armor -1 Dex), touch 9, flat-footed 17
Attack/Grapple: +8/+7
Attack: Deep crystal +1 elvencraft suppression quarterstaff +8 melee (1d6+2d6-1) or claw +8 (3d6) or deep crystal +1 elvencraft bow of the wintermoon +17 ranged (1d8+2d6-1)
Full Attack: Deep crystal +1 elvencraft suppression quarterstaff +8/+3 melee (1d6+2d6-1); or deep crystal +1 elvencraft bow of the wintermoon +17/+12 ranged (1d8+2d6-1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Psionics
Special Qualities: --
Saving throws: Fort +16 Ref +6 Will +15
Abilities: (32 point buy) Str 8 Dex 8 Con 20 (14+6 amulet) Int 16 Wis 26 (18+2 HD+6 periapt) Cha 8
Racial Skill Bonuses: --
Racial Bonus Feats: --
Physical Skills: Concentration +12 (7 ranks+5 Con), Hide +6 (7 ranks-1 Dex), Move Silently +6 (7 ranks-1 Dex)

[/spoiler]

His favored melee attack form:
[spoiler]11-headed hydra psychic warrior 11
Huge magical beast
Average hit points: 141 (282 with share pain)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 20 ft, swim 20 ft
Armor Class: 29 (10+8 inertial armor -2 size+1 Dex+12 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 28
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+22
Attack: 11 bites +13 melee (1d10+7)
Full Attack: 11 bites +13 melee (1d10+7) and 2 claws of the beast +8 melee (4d8+4)
Space/Reach: 15 ft/10 ft
Saving throws: Fort +19 Ref +8 Will +15
Abilities: Str 23 Dex 12 Con 26 (20+6 amulet) Int 16 Wis 26 (18+2 HD+6 periapt) Cha 8
Racial Skill Bonuses: Listen +2, Spot +2, Swim +8
Racial Bonus Feats: Combat Reflexes
Physical Skills: Concentration +15 (7 ranks+8 Con), Hide +0 (7 ranks+1 Dex-8 Size), Move Silently +8 (7 ranks+1 Dex)[/spoiler]

His favored sneaky forms:
[spoiler]Pixie psychic warrior 11
Small fey
Average hit points: 86 (172 with share pain)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 20 ft, fly 60 ft (good)
Armor Class: 24 (10+8 inertial armor +1 size+4 Dex+1 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+3
Attack: Deep crystal +1 elvencraft suppression quarterstaff +8 melee (1d6+2d6-2) or claw +8 (2d6-1) or deep crystal +1 elvencraft bow of the wintermoon +17 ranged (1d8+2d6-2)
Full Attack: Deep crystal +1 elvencraft suppression quarterstaff +5/+0 melee (1d6+2d6-2); or deep crystal +1 elvencraft bow of the wintermoon +15/+10 ranged (1d8+2d6-2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Qualities: Greater invisibility
Saving throws: Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +15
Abilities: Str 7 Dex 18 Con 17 (11+6 amulet) Int 16 Wis 26 (18+2 HD+6 periapt) Cha 8
Racial Skill Bonuses: +2 Listen, +2 Search, +2 Spot
Racial Bonus Feats: Dodge
Physical Skills: Concentration +10 (7 ranks+3 Con), Hide +15 (7 ranks+4 Dex+4 size), Move Silently +11 (7 ranks+4 Dex)

Shimmerling psychic warrior 11
(See the shimmerling swarm in the MMIII)
Fine fey
Average hit points: 86 (172 with share pain)
Initiative: +12
Speed: 5 ft, fly 50 ft (perfect)
Armor Class: 32 (10+6 Dex+8 inertial armor +8 size), touch 24, flat-footed 26
Attack bonus/Grapple: +16/-13 grapple
Attack: Claw (claws of the beast) +12 melee (2)
Full Attack: 2 claws of the beast +12 melee (2)
Space/Reach: 1/2 ft/0 ft
Saving throws: Fort +10 Ref +9 Will +15
Abilities: Str 1 Dex 22 Con 17 (11+6 amulet) Int 16 Wis 26 (18+2 HD+6 periapt) Cha 8
Physical Skills: Concentration +10 (7 ranks+3 Con), Hide +29 (7 ranks+6 Dex+16 size), Move Silently +13 (7 ranks+6 Dex)[/spoiler]

His favored ranged/skirmish attack form:
[spoiler]Manticore psychic warrior 11
Large magical beast
Average hit points: 130 (260 with share pain)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 30 ft, fly 50 ft (clumsy)
Armor Class: 25 (10+2 Dex+8 inertial armor +6 natural-1 size), touch 11, flat-footed 23
Attack bonus/Grapple: +7/+17
Attack: Claw +14 melee (2d4+6) or claw (claws of the beast) +14 melee (4d6+6) or 6 spikes +16 ranged (1d8+2/19-20)
Full Attack: 2 claws +14 (2d4+6) or 2 claws of the beast +14 melee (4d6+6) and bite +8 melee (1d8+3) or 6 spikes +16 ranged (1d8+2/19-20)
Space/Reach: 10 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Psionics, spikes
Saving throws: Fort +14 Ref +5 Will +15
Abilities: Str 20 Dex 15 Con 25 (19+6 amulet) Int 16 Wis 26 (18+2 HD+6 periapt) Cha 8
Racial Skill Bonuses: +4 Spot
Racial Bonus Feats: Track
Physical Skills: Concentration +14 (7 ranks+7 Con), Hide +5 (7 ranks+2 Dex-4 size), Move Silently +9 (7 ranks+2 Dex)[/spoiler]

His favored form for dealing with magic, magic items, and mages:
[spoiler]Beholder psychic warrior 11
Large aberration
Average hit points: 130 (260 with share pain)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 5 ft, fly 20 ft (good)
Armor Class: 34 (10+2 Dex+8 inertial armor -1 size+15 natural armor), touch 11, flat-footed 32
Attack bonus/Grapple: +8/+12
Attack: Bite +3 melee (2d4+1) or claw (claws of the beast) +8 melee (4d6+1)
Full Attack: 2 claws of the beast +8 melee (4d6+1) and Bite +3 melee (2d4+1)
Space/Reach: 10 ft/5 ft
Special Qualities: Eye rays, antimagic cone
Saving throws: Fort +14 Ref +5 Will +15
Abilities: Str 10 Dex 14 Con 24 (18+6 amulet) Int 16 Wis 26 (18+2 HD+6 periapt) Cha 8
Racial Skill Bonuses: +4 Spot, +4 Search
Racial Bonus Feats: Alertness
Physical Skills: Concentration +14 (7 ranks+7 Con), Hide +5 (7 ranks+2 Dex-4 size), Move Silently +9 (7 ranks+2 Dex)
[/spoiler]

His favored form for crowd control
[spoiler]Cloaker psychic warrior 11
Large aberration
Average hit points: 119 (238 with share pain)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 10 ft, fly 40 ft (average)
Armor Class: 27 (10+3 Dex+8 inertial armor -1 size+7 natural armor), touch 12, flat-footed 24
Attack bonus/Grapple: +7/+17
Attack: Tail slap +13 melee (1d6+6) or claw (claws of the beast) +13 melee (4d6+6)
Full Attack: Tail slap +13 melee (1d6+6) and 2 claws of the beast +8 melee (4d6+3) and bite +8 melee (1d4+3)
Space/Reach: 10 ft/10 ft (5 ft with bite)
Special Attacks: Psionics, moan, engulf
Saving throws: Fort +13 Ref +6 Will +15
Abilities: Str 21 Dex 16 Con 23 (17+6 amulet) Int 16 Wis 26 (18+2 HD+6 periapt) Cha 8
Physical Skills: Concentration +15 (7 ranks+6 Con), Hide +9 (7 ranks+3 Dex-1 size), Move Silently +10 (7 ranks+3 Dex)

OK, it is likely helpful to check again what the spell metamorphosis REALLY does before going on, since so much of the psychic warrior build hinges on it.
1.   It definitely provides no Su abilities. So, no invisibility ability for a pixie, or the many eye ray abilities of a beholder. Only Ex special attacks are gained. per day that then can be used 3/day.

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:31:57 PM by Sir Giacomo »